The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames | May 19, 2021 | 12:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Why's that? He's well respected in the tight knit world of hockey management. It's no league secret that the Canucks actually have done a good job developing many of their young players in Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser, Hogs, even Bo. He'll be coveted in the NHL.

I'm just saying Green will clear waivers. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I listened to most of his pre/post game interviews all year long and if media tried to get him to comment on his defensive game or his +/- he really showed very little interest in discussing it at all. Certainly didn’t seem open to the idea of him having to work on his defensive coverage.

Not a big deal. Still love him as a player. He’s 21 we need to remember.

What do you want him to say? I suck at defense on that play, and the play before that, etc.

Hughes will get better because he seems like a guy who wants to improve in every way possible. Yes, he is young and he'll get better.

Also, I would like to see him do better under a different defensive coach.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Upvote 1

Just now, KILLER said:

Well we now know we're 9th position going into the lottery. Who are 3 players most likely to be around, that could be on this team and helping be better in the least time. 

Once Battman is done with us we will be 11th.     :frantic:

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Why's that? He's well respected in the tight knit world of hockey management. It's no league secret that the Canucks actually have done a good job developing many of their young players in Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser, Hogs, even Bo. He'll be coveted in the NHL.

Good players ending up good players doesn't mean he's a good coach. That's one small aspect of it. 

He's not a coach that you hire for long term success. He's a coach that maybe you'd hire if your starting goaltender is top 5 in the league consistently.