The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reflections from the newest developments

Rate this topic

Dazzle

9 minutes ago, IRR said:

Your time is valuable, but you've been on here CONSTANTLY for DAYS and you're CONSTANTLY posting the same narrative...s*** on everything to do with the team! But, you don't have time to find a example for Deb. Okay bud! Again, there's nothing wrong with disliking or disagreeing with things the team does and having constructive criticism, but you're a prime example of the type of "fan" that me and others are talking about...selfish, entitled, negative, ignorant and so on...and if the team doesn't do as you see fit, it's post after post after post of negativity (attacking the team), or like some others, flying banners, protests, threatening to stop being a fan, talking s*** about the team / gm / coach / players etc. Ya'll come across as haters, not fans!! Crazy enough, you have how many people on here pointing it out, but they're all wrong and you're right, right! People can't even look in the mirror, take responsibility and admit they're wrong anymore. Like i've said to others doing the same thing...it's not what you're doing, it's how you're doing it! 

I dont care if people see me as a hater. I'm not actually. And I dont $&!# on everything about the team. You should provide every post I have made in 14 years on this forum to prove that i have $&!# on everything they have done ever in my time here. I will wait. Since asking for examples from endless cdc posts is now a thing to be allowed to express an opinion.

Never flown a banner. Or threatened to not be a fan. Or protested the team. No way I can prove that I guess since there is no video evidence of me not doing those things. But i have never been that type of fan.

If I can be objective here, take a look at "how i do it" and then compare that to how you just did.

Not sure I am the one coming across as a hater. The difference is your hate is towards me. I dont hate Benning. I just think he is a $&!#ty gm on the whole. And I dont hate you for hating me. Because you arent that important to me, sorry.

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Let's just add Bennings quote on Loui Eriksson as well while we're at it :lol:

Benning on Eriksson

"He's a guy that keeps himself in really good shape physically," Benning said. "He's long (6-foot-2, 183 pounds) and his skill set, his hands, his ability to make plays in tight spaces has always been very good. We just feel like it's a good fit for him with our group. We need to add scoring to our group and he's going to do that."

Loui won the lottery when he signed the big contract.  Some lottery winners keep working, others stop working.  

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yet you condescendingly paint people with the same brush and have done so numerous times in this thread alone. You’re not as objective as you think you are. 

I painted people who do the same type of thing with the same brush. 

I never said every person who supports Benning is incapable of being objective.

For an example of the type of person I am talking about, see the response to my post calling me all kinds of things simply for having a different opinion.

But I am the problem on cdc, right?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I dont care if people see me as a hater. I'm not actually. And I dont $&!# on everything about the team. You should provide every post I have made in 14 years on this forum to prove that i have $&!# on everything they have done ever in my time here. I will wait. Since asking for examples from endless cdc posts is now a thing to be allowed to express an opinion.

Never flown a banner. Or threatened to not be a fan. Or protested the team. No way I can prove that I guess since there is no video evidence of me not doing those things. But i have never been that type of fan.

If I can be objective here, take a look at "how i do it" and then compare that to how you just did.

Not sure I am the one coming across as a hater. The difference is your hate is towards me. I dont hate Benning. I just think he is a $&!#ty gm on the whole. And I dont hate you for hating me. Because you arent that important to me, sorry.

I know...the truth hurts!! And yes, i don't like "fans" like you! It's clear to so many except yourself...

• Cheers 1

5 things everyone should know about me.

1. I have strong opinions and like expressing them.

2. I dont care if a single person agrees with them.

3. I dont think my opinion is any more or lessvaluable than anyone elses.

4. I dont think calling someone ignorant, stupid, etc because you dont agree with them makes you the grown up in the room.

5. I could leave this forum tomorrow and would not give it a second thought. Some seem to hope I do lol.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I painted people who do the same type of thing with the same brush. 

I never said every person who supports Benning is incapable of being objective.

For an example of the type of person I am talking about, see the response to my post calling me all kinds of things simply for having a different opinion.

But I am the problem on cdc, right?

Like i said, it's not what you're doing, it's how you're doing it! You deserve the criticism!! Respect where respect is due and it's not due in this case.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, IRR said:

I know...the truth hurts!! And yes, i don't like "fans" like you! It's clear to so many except yourself...

Nothing of what you said is the truth about me.

And you dont actually know any of that stuff you present as fact about me on a personal level. 

I would like to see your evidence of these things.

Just now, IRR said:

Like i said, it's not what you're doing, it's how you're doing it! You deserve the criticism!! Respect where respect is due and it's not due in this case.

Its ok, I think I will be ok without it. I dont crave your respect. There are some people I respect and appreciate their respect.

That doesnt extend to people who rant and make a bunch of insulting, unprovable, hyperbolic statements about someone they dont know.

I dont have any respect for you either.

I totally forgot about this one :lol:

The Vancouver Canucks GM was fined $50,000 by the league on Tuesday for tampering. The charges stem from comments Benning made on the radio last week about Stamkos, and Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban.

Benning made comments about his desire to pursue Stamkos on Thursday -- two days before teams are permitted to start discussions with unrestricted free agents. Teams and their executives are not allowed to publicly discuss players under contract with other teams.

"Last week I was trying to be candid with our fans and media about out efforts to improve our team but said too much about players on other teams," Benning said in a statement released by the Canucks. "I have spoken personally to the NHL and the general managers involved to apologize and I accept the league's ruling."

Benning also said in the radio interview that he had discussed Subban with Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin. Bergegvin said Benning's comments "crossed the line."

Interesting how this thread developed. Not really what the fella was saying. May as well just super mash the 3 other management threads together.

Nice op though. People have their opinions but the way things were painted over the last month or two were so wrong. Nice to see some clarity brought forth even if not everyone can agree on what was said or done.

Just goes to show their was a lot of bs surrounding the team the last while. Really started to pick up during the Variant shutdown when people assumed things because of a Horvat interview. Amazing how far things go when the media doesn’t ask a simple question. Then someone blatantly lied about Hughes being on a IV. Before you know it fans have latched on and players are demanding trades. 

Lots to look forward to here. Great core we have. I’m excited.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

5 things everyone should know about me.

1. I have strong opinions and like expressing them.

2. I dont care if a single person agrees with them.

3. I dont think my opinion is any more or lessvaluable than anyone elses.

4. I dont think calling someone ignorant, stupid, etc because you dont agree with them makes you the grown up in the room.

5. I could leave this forum tomorrow and would not give it a second thought. Some seem to hope I do lol.

speaking personally, if I call you ignorant, it's not because I disagree with you, it's because you're ignorant.

the simple reality is that you're not behind the scenes, you're not making the phone calls, having the conversations with players and agents and owners and coaches, and thus you are 100% ignorant of the necessary facts and background that go into these decisions, yet you seen to think that you have enough information to draw conclusions and suggest alternatives. 

that is ignorance. 

• Cheers 1

Im  so, sick of these whiny poor sports, that didn't get their  way. Benning and Green are here for another year, so leave your whining for another day.

whats your actual purpose on this site anymore? just to torment people trying to move on and get excited for next season?

I could care less what you think  about Green or Benning.

One things for  certain some of you are driving people away from this site, all because you constantly need  to remind everyone that hell has put Benning/green on  this earth to torment us.

half of you don't add anything relevant  to the conversation, It's just hate upon hate. grow  up, dust yourself off and start acting like a respectful forum member

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, tas said:

speaking personally, if I call you ignorant, it's not because I disagree with you, it's because you're ignorant.

the simple reality is that you're not behind the scenes, you're not making the phone calls, having the conversations with players and agents and owners and coaches, and thus you are 100% ignorant of the necessary facts and background that go into these decisions, yet you seen to think that you have enough information to draw conclusions and suggest alternatives. 

that is ignorance. 

Bingo! 

Also, i'm going to apologize to you for how i reacted to some of your posts the other day! I think my frustration with some of these other people spilled over and that wasn't fair. You've been on point with all these post the last couple of days. Sorry! 

3 minutes ago, IRR said:

Bingo! 

Also, i'm going to apologize to you for how i reacted to some of your posts the other day! I think my frustration with some of these other people spilled over and that wasn't fair. You've been on point with all these post the last couple of days. Sorry! 

I appreciate the mea culpa, since you don't see that very often around here, but rest assured I don't remember the posts in question, no offence was taken, and I'm perfectly comfortable having unpopular opinions around here -- I've been doing it for a long time!  :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1