The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning on donnie and dhali

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

5 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Actually, you are missing the mark.

Negativity does not equal criticizing Benning. Your negativity towards me as an exsmple is still negativity.

One person took a picture of him in a store. Big deal. I saw a lot of people ragging on Gaudettes wife on here for something very similar to what Benning did.

The people ragging on Gaudette’s wife were either ignored or rebutted and no one rounded up money to fly a banner denouncing her nor did they call for public protests. 

I saw one post bitching about Tryamkin’s wife today. No one picked it up and ran it through a megaphone to try and encourage mob mentality.

• Cheers 2

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Pretty much all of them.  But I'm not here to pick bones with you...I honestly am tired of that game.

I am a fan of the team....THIS team.  Not the team as I expect it or demand it...the one that is.  Win and lose.  When they struggle.  Because I understand how tough it really is and you can't just scream FIRE (someone) on a loop.  Which is what happens here at times.  It's been ongoing and a bit of a theme. 

I don't care enough to argue the point...I'm just tired of it so won't.

So am I. 

I am not a fan of hypocrisy that plays itself out here every day though based on whether you praise Benning or criticize him. 

My post had nothing to do with anything other than that. The rest of your complaining aboug me wasnt even part of what I said.

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

The people ragging on Gaudette’s wife were either ignored or rebutted and no one rounded up money to fly a banner denouncing her nor did they call for public protests. 

I saw one post bitching about Tryamkin’s wife today. No one picked it up and ran it through a megaphone to try and encourage mob mentality.

Why are people so butthurt about a banner being flown? I just dont understand why it bothers you guys so much. Its free speech. Would I do it? No. But I dont see it as a huge deal at all.

Wally, don't bother with this lot.

A fair portion of Benning supporters show negativity toward Green, Baumgartner, Brown, etc at every which way you turn.

It's never been about "the team" or about preserving the positivity.  The people here are happy to rag on individuals so long as it fits their agenda and protects the GM.

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 2

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Why are people so butthurt about a banner being flown? I just dont understand why it bothers you guys so much. Its free speech. Would I do it? No. But I dont see it as a huge deal at all.

If you can't figure it out, then you're probably part of the problem! Well, i know you are! You prove it over and over and over...

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Wally, don't bother with this lot.

A fair portion of Benning supporters show negativity toward Green, Baumgartner, Brown, etc at every which way you turn.

It's never been about "the team" or about preserving the positivity.  The people here are happy to rag on individuals so long as it fits their agenda and protects the GM.

2 peas in a pod! Big surprise!! 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

I happen to agree with you to a point...I didn’t care for people attacking Gadette’s wife, I don’t care for the attitude that there is something wrong with Tryamkin putting his and wife’s interest first. And I don’t like people flying that banner because Jim cares about his family as well. Why do you find something wrong with the first two but not the latter? All three are free speech but that doesn’t make them right.

Flying a banner about Benning and the job he is doing is targeting Benning himself.

Targeting someones wife that has nothing to do with the job their husband does is a completely different thing to me. 

If they flew a banner saying his teenage daughter is the reason Benning should be fired I would feel the exact same way about that. But they didnt.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Why the hypocrisy? So it's not okay to talk about Gaudette’s wife but, because it's a high profile job Benning’s family have to see the stupid banner?

Both are uncalled for, period. 

Nope, they are two different things.

Talk about Benning or Tryamkin all you want. Talk about their wives or kids and blaming them is totally different. They werent talking about or blaming Bennings daughter for anything.

• Thanks 1

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

Nope, they are two different things.

Talk about Benning or Tryamkin all you want. Talk about their wives or kids and blaming them is totally different. They werent talking about or blaming Bennings daughter for anything.

Tomato tomatoe. Still an uncalled for juvenile and stupid banner. There are better less childish ways to voice displeasure. 

• Cheers 2