The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning on donnie and dhali

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Flying a banner about Benning and the job he is doing is targeting Benning himself.

Targeting someones wife that has nothing to do with the job their husband does is a completely different thing to me. 

If they flew a banner saying his teenage daughter is the reason Benning should be fired I would feel the exact same way about that. But they didnt.

Totally disagree. The people who blamed Gaudette’s and Tryamkin’s wives felt it had everything to do with their husband’s jobs. Flying the banner was just a public display to show disapproval, exactly the same as the people who posted about the actions of the two wives.

All three were amounted to public shaming to try to further their points of view and all three were hurtful to their families.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Then they call everyone Benning nut huggers/bros etc and bitch about being called out for whining about the same things they whined about in 9 other threads. 

Maybe some are just more tired of the same regurgitated thoughtless posts. (Clarifying Wallstreet your posts are well thought out and do add to the discussion.) 

When things effect people’s families it’s not right. What makes the stuff with Benning right but with people’s wives wrong? Both are wrong imo. I am struggling to find what he’s getting at. I know Wallstreet doesn’t think the world of Benning but maybe he just feels left out or something on his point of views. Not enough other people agree with him? It’s like he thinks there’s two sides or something. Like if you are a Benning supporter your also this or vice versa. I don’t know, I can’t figure it out. 

• Cheers 2

After listening to this interview a will bet you that the Canucks do very little in this off season. 

The playoff talk is for season ticket drives. They will have minimal cap space even with some buyouts 

Jim says they will look at everything.  Yet he says that they will not be high end players.

Today he said that many of the holes that need to be filled could be done internally. LOL

I think management realizes their screw ups and they know that fans will have no tolerance for more of the same.

This may be a very cautious aggressive off season.

8 hours ago, Maddogy said:

J.B. is at the very least an average G.M. The problem then is if you fire him, how certain are you that you can find someone better? We've seem a a lot of teams  that go through changes in management and coaching staff and they are still underwhelming. 

People think that if you fire a G.M., someone better will magically show up. If you quit your job, a better job is just around the corner. If you divorce your spouse, your soul mate is waiting at the altar for you. Yes but at what level of certainty?

The risk is, if J.B. is fired they may hire someone that really end up ruining the rebuild and screw up this generation of Vancouver Canucks. 

Average will never win you a championship in sports. People are not paying a lot of money just for average.

reading the posts in this thread and im.....

Glad to hear people are sick of Negative Nancy reporting and media chaos starters.

Whiners are just annoying and are just cancers to a Teams mental health. Which is the roots for a never ending losing environment.

Go Canucks Go

16EDD1B8-5826-499D-9B9D-5C5BD4CD00AE.gif

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Cheers 3

7 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Plus Florida will be trying to rebuild Bobrovsky and they have one of the best goalie prospects in the league.

Benning better not drag his feet on this or a team like Florida will scoop him up.

I read that three time SC champion Francis Allaire is a consultant for the Florida Excellence department for goalies.

https://puckprose.com/2020/12/09/florida-panthers-roberto-luongo-can-be-key-to-salvaging-bobrovskys-career-in-sunrise/

2 hours ago, IRR said:

Or maybe all the people doing all these things can stop acting like immature clowns and get a life! My 3 young kids don't even act like that...f'n embarrassing & wrong on many levels!! 

Or maybe people on here can stop taking a meaningless protest to such dizzying levels of hyperbolic butthurt.

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Then they call everyone Benning nut huggers/bros etc and bitch about being called out for whining about the same things they whined about in 9 other threads. 

Maybe some are just more tired of the same regurgitated thoughtless posts. (Clarifying Wallstreet your posts are well thought out and do add to the discussion.) 

Lol ...

Benning Nine Threaders Whiners

vs.

Benning Nut Hugger Bros. 

;)

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Totally disagree. The people who blamed Gaudette’s and Tryamkin’s wives felt it had everything to do with their husband’s jobs. Flying the banner was just a public display to show disapproval, exactly the same as the people who posted about the actions of the two wives.

All three were amounted to public shaming to try to further their points of view and all three were hurtful to their families.

The difference is the hypocrisy I was actually talking about.

Benning earned the criticism he gets himself. No one is protesting his wife or calling her down or blaming her for his mistakes as a GM. The evidence used against him by his detractors - whether you agree with it or not - is still directly related to his work and his issues. 

Blaming Gaudette's or Tryamkin's wife, especially with no evidence they had anything to do with how things ended up, is just misplaced anger from a group of people looking for excuses to justify laying 100% blame on the player and his family to avoid any criticism of Benning. 

Those are two different scenarios. 

Protesting the job a GM does and personally and publically slandering and verbally attacking wives of hockey players to further your narrative are two different things.

Anyone who cant see which one is worse simply doesnt want to.

• Cheers 1