The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning on donnie and dhali

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

20 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Friedman mentioned before that it may be a pipe dream.  

If you got 5 good dman on your team, you’re not going to be trading them away, or trading one and losing one.  

A lot of teams will just bite the bullet and lose one player. 

Lose one player for free?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Haha I just realized that this is another thing that can be added to the list of lies by the media this year.  

Juolevi not playing was due to the fact that we didn’t have any cap room to put him into the lineup.  That was a Patrick Johnson special from a few weeks ago I believe.  

Our market here is too big so we have bloggers that become “journalists”. 

it's because of the rise of the team from 2007-11 and beyond. there was such a voracious appetite for canucks news, former canucks president chris zimmerman had turned cdc into the most visited nhl team website, and then the province gave the kurtenbloggers a platform. from there you get botchford with the provies and the dreck that is canucks army and all of its clones.

so many people with opinions, and too many of them self-involved enough to think they need a platform that enables them to shout it out there louder. 

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Lose one player for free?

Or lose that one player in a trade instead, and get the return of a young prospect.  Kind of a no brainer the team will choose the trade route, and collect the prospect, no?  

• Cheers 2

Just now, Alflives said:

Or lose that one player in a trade instead, and get the return of a young prospect.  Kind of a no brainer the team will choose the trade route, and collect the prospect, no?  

Yes. Like if can get a dman better than Schmidt at a reasonable price.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Not necessarily. If a team has more than one player they dont want to lose how does that help them? They still lose 2 players they would rather keep and get a prospect in return. If they leave both those players exposed they still only lose 1.

Its far better asset management for contending teams to pay Seattle to take a player they want to lose.

If a team only has one player they dont want to lose, maybe they trade him for a prospect.

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

So can we get some accountability with these clown journalists?

After reporting $&!# that has now been debunked, we can assume that Vancouver media should largely be ignored. Even Ian MacIntyre needs to be scrutinized because he's parroting what he thinks are valid sources - yet it is his responsibility as a journalist to get the facts right.

Glad we have an owner that isn't in fact "cheap" (what a load of trash. Top 25 richest in Canada, and people whining we don't have a top 5 rich guy in Canada). That speculation about FA being poor is also stupid AF.

We also had the huge fuss about Hughes being on IV (Sekeres).

The media is snowballing anxiety onto the fanbase, who cannot be viewed as a beacon of rationality. They just read at the level of grade school and then report back to everyone else like it's a fact. No demonstration of critical thinking. No logic.

Reddit/Twitter are both cesspools for Canucks discussion. Basically the moment you try to speak reason to them about this entire situation, no, it's all Benning's fault. And they don't care about listening to your arguments, no matter how valid you are.

You took the words right out of my mouth! I'm sooo done with the sports media and a large chuck of this fan base!! The part about it effecting his family pisses me off...all these selfish / entitled inmature "fans" & media that behave disgustingly and without repercussion and never consider how their behavior / actions effect others. 

Edited by IRR
  • Cheers 4

6 hours ago, canuckster19 said:

Yeah what happens if someone like say Dean Lombardi rips Benning's vision apart and we suffer through another 10 years of ineptitude... where are the haters going to be then? Oh yeah, calling for Lombardi's head, and the next guy and the next guy.

Are you talking hockey or politics? Cos that's exactly what voting accomplishes.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

So can we get some accountability with these clown journalists?

After reporting $&!# that has now been debunked, we can assume that Vancouver media should largely be ignored. Even Ian MacIntyre needs to be scrutinized because he's parroting what he thinks are valid sources - yet it is his responsibility as a journalist to get the facts right.

Glad we have an owner that isn't in fact "cheap" (what a load of trash. Top 25 richest in Canada, and people whining we don't have a top 5 rich guy in Canada). That speculation about FA being poor is also stupid AF.

We also had the huge fuss about Hughes being on IV (Sekeres).

The media is snowballing anxiety onto the fanbase, who cannot be viewed as a beacon of rationality. They just read at the level of grade school and then report back to everyone else like it's a fact. No demonstration of critical thinking. No logic.

Reddit/Twitter are both cesspools for Canucks discussion. Basically the moment you try to speak reason to them about this entire situation, no, it's all Benning's fault. And they don't care about listening to your arguments, no matter how valid you are.

I'm sooo much happier without TSN 1040... Donnie and Daliwal is refreshing (great guests) fact filled sports radio.  I bet the other pod cast shows with the other guys are floundering... As they should... Karma's a B!  

• Cheers 4

6 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

So after all the hysteria and constant negative messaging from the Vancouver media, it turns out; 

- Clark is likely staying after all

- Neither Miller or Schmidt are asking for a trade

- The goal is actually to build a cup contender, not just squeeze into the playoffs

Who would've thought !

Shocking seems like management and team have a clear direction and plan. And here the Benning haters were telling is Clark was long gone and half our important players want out. :rolleyes:

• Cheers 4

53 minutes ago, Patrik Laine said:

FA isn't a billionaire. If you own a major sports team and your not a billionaire get the hell out. Hes cheap. My mom cleans his office and he uses 1 ply toilet paper and his toilet is America  standard. Not even a TOTO. This guy is crapping like a poor hobo

image.png.067d7c90ade162760a2954fda1d0fdba.png

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-23-richest-billionaire-nhl-franchise-owners-2018-3

• Cheers 3

15 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Shocking seems like management and team have a clear direction and plan. And here the Benning haters were telling is Clark was long gone and half our important players want out. :rolleyes:

I will postpone my celebration for when they actually announce they signed Clark, not said they will try to get something done with him.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Thanks for posting this, @Bertuzzipunch, here's my takeaways on it:

Benning is the most open guy that I think we've ever had as a GM in Vancouver, but BOY is he boring to listen to!

#1. They are waiting to see if the police charge Virtanen so that they could just terminate his contract instead of having to pay him anything further through a buyout.

#2. Juolevi will be a full time guy next year, provided he regains the weight and conditioning that he had before Covid

#3. Sedins will be at our table at the draft (assuming that there is a open floor draft this summer).

#4. He's really hedging his bets on resigning Edler and doesn't want to commit to the idea as they may walk away from him.

#5. Podkolzin will be signed before the middle of June

#6. Ian Clark will be staying and doesn't want to go anywhere, its just a matter of finalizing whether there will be other changes in the coaching staff.

#7. Tryamkin didn't have a wife to keep happy, when he told the Canucks at the draft, that he wanted to be in the NHL and has likely decided to play his whole career in the KHL.

#8. NO ONE has asked for a trade, the media is doing what it always does, its making $&!# up to generate clicks and readers.

Personally, I still believe in Benning, I believe that the team is heading the right way and that this season was an anomaly and that we will be in much better shape next season.

I listened to it and didnt hear him say any of the bolded.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Cheers 1