The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Is Schmidt on the move?

Me_

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

This is a thread meant for discussing the possibility of Nate Schmidt wanting to move on. Anybody arguing about the GMs, regardless of their stance, can be given blame for hijacking the thread.

No one knows if Schmidt wants out or not. If he suddenly gets traded I guess we know the answer.

Looking at the situation I would not be surprised if he does want to move on. And i dont really blame him if he does. But to give him credit, if true, he at least so far isnt waging that war in the public space. 

I expect we will see him moved and honestly I am fine either way. He can be much better than he showed in his first year. I think he needs a different D partner and a role that actually fits his strengths as a player. If that role isnt available to him here he will be moved.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Personally think the canucks are the ones that want to trade schmidt more than he wants to leave. I cant really blame them for that.

He doesnt seem to really fit on or off the ice so I could see it being more Canuck based than Schmidt based. Having said that, the opposite would also not surprise me much.

He came from a winning organization. I am sure he wants to be on a contender given his age and previous situation.

56 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Good take - whoaaaaaa !  Would seing him in a movie theater count ?

Captain Kirk good job during the 94 run - ::D

Thanks, but damn that Layfette

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I know it doesnt fit the pro Benning narrative but everything I said is actually fact bud.

Un duh, my name is clearly CaptKirk888, not bud. Great reading comprehension 

17 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Un duh, my name is clearly CaptKirk888, not bud. Great reading comprehension 

Notice you dont actually have a conversation or specifically refute anything I stated but just say its wrong with absolutely no evidence presented as to why.

Not sure you should be questioning anyone else's reading comprehension.

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

Notice you dont actually have a conversation or specifically refute anything I stated but just say its wrong with absolutely no evidence presented as to why.

Not sure you should be questioning anyone else's reading comprehension.

Yup you nailed it.

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I know it doesnt fit the pro Benning narrative but everything I said is actually fact bud.

well.. sort of. All we've heard from Nate is he wants to stay. He's never said he wants out. Benning says we want to keep him. So based on whats actually been said, we do know what both parties want. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

17 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well.. sort of. All we've heard from Nate is he wants to stay. He's never said he wants out. Benning says we want to keep him. So based on whats actually been said, we do know what both parties want. 

Yes   but this rumor won't die.  

15 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

We wont really know until Schmidt or Benning says so publicly or Schmidt is suddenly traded. Benning was pretty clear he wanted to keep him so if he does get traded its not a huge assumption that he wanted to be. I expect the return and the destination of any move would give a good indication too.

4 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

We wont really know until Schmidt or Benning says so publicly or Schmidt is suddenly traded. Benning was pretty clear he wanted to keep him so if he does get traded its not a huge assumption that he wanted to be. I expect the return and the destination of any move would give a good indication too.

but we do know, they both said so. 

10 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

My question is, WHY would Nate Schmidt demand a trade out of Vancouver after the kind of season we had, very little opportunity for players to get acquainted outside the rink with all the rules and regulations and the restrictions going on. It just doesnt make entire sense to me why a guy, after 1 season where things got really f***ed up in the world and in the NHL would want out so bad. Its not like he has been here for years and its been the same sort of failure for 4 or 5 years. Our future is looking bright, not grim. It doesnt really make sense to me, especially when Schmidt’s character was raved about and how the Vegas players loved him.

Like what is it that would have made him allegedly want out?? 

Edited by knucklehead91

1 hour ago, BPA said:

Trade with BOS??

Schmidt + JV for Debrusk + Carlo + 2nd?

Meh.  Not sure what's the going rate nowadays. :mellow:

That package doesn't even get Carlo, let alone Debrusk and a 2nd. Schmidt is borderline overpaid, Virtanen is brutal and there's the whole sexual assault thing. Carlo is one of their top 3 Ds, so no, you are pretty far off from the going rate.

34 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

In all fairness… Tavares did say the same BS

I just dont fully understand why Schmidt would want out so quickly after a season that wasnt a fair shake. The Canucks had the worst luck when it came to this season and it may as well have just scrapped the Canucks season and shut them down. It wasnt a fair fight for the boys and I think every player in that locker room knows it. They know they are better and know they will be better. So why would you want to leave?? Unless there is some behind the scenes kinda stuff goin on or family related issues that are kept completely private and hush hush.

• Cheers 1

Obviously, there's no way for any of us to know for sure what's happening. That said, this could easily be a media generated echo chamber. One BS rumor is parroted by an army of clueless reporters, and now all of a sudden Dhaliwal is "hearing it from multiple sources", or whatever.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1