The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Is Schmidt on the move?

Me_

35 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

He's annoying is basically what it boils down to. Fun guy, good guy, but an annoying guy.  We all know someone similar.  Takes a certain type of room to be able to deal with it. Looks like ours can't. 

I don't buy it. The team literally spent zero time together off the ice so to say his attitude would have something to do with it doesn't make sense to me.

Rifts between players would usually happen off the ice, a guy being a bit of a clown is not the type of attitude that would cause his teammates to shun him. Things like being an A-hole of banging a GF sure but being a goof-ball who by all accounts is a hard worker and a nice dude seems a big overreach.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I don't buy it. The team literally spent zero time together off the ice so to say his attitude would have something to do with it doesn't make sense to me.

Rifts between players would usually happen off the ice, a guy being a bit of a clown is not the type of attitude that would cause his teammates to shun him. Things like being an A-hole of banging a GF sure but being a goof-ball who by all accounts is a hard worker and a nice dude seems a big overreach.

Vancouver is a nice place but nate was stuck in his hotel or where er he was living this year bored outta his mind caus eof the stupid pandemic. Probably didn’t witness much of  the good things vancouver has to offer 

• Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

we're always linked to stupid $&!# this time of year. I don't believe any of it. 

Try being a packers fan as well as a Canucks fan. Off seasons are long and omg can Aaron Rodgers just talk to the media please!

Edited by Dats hockey
  • Haha 2

I don't blame him for wanting to move. The shine of "players wanting to come to Vancouver" are long gone with this management. The assenine treatment of the players during covid to add to the constant losing, Im not surprised. The fact that JT Miller had to stand up and pretty much call BS on the one practice and play the rest of season, shows you how idiotic Jim Benning is. As the GM , you have to look out for your players well being, because guess what? If that was Mike Gillis, he would've said something, and if that was Burkie, hed DEFINITELY be saying something about the issue. With Gillis, this team had UFA begging to play here, players were treated first class, and its turned to this. Hate to say it but we are turning into the Sundin era leafs when some of our fan base, the millenial Satiah Shah types, where our players are getting massively overhyped. EP40 isn't even a top 20 player in the league and hes "elite" LOL. The bar keeps getting lower and lower. The franchise is an absolute embaressment under Jim Benning, with no results to show for it, but hey! We got calder candidates galore!

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2

6 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

This article was written before Dhaliwal tweeted he has no source that Schmidt wants out.

Dhaliwal is usually pretty right though. When he says something, theres usually some weight to it. Out of all the Canuck twitter guys, Dhaliwal is probably the most reliable when it comes to breaking news

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

That article is such crap and shows how much of a hack D-wall has turned into.

Some hack on the east coast parrots a rumour that was squashed by the player and GM a month ago and our local hack claims his "sources" confirmed it. Anyone that follows the team knows management keeps things tight-lipped so I seriously question his sources are anyone involved with actually running the team or represent Nate because leaking that only hurts the return and possibly limits the destinations making it harder to trade him. If a player wants out leaking it is counter-productive for said player unless he was told he's not being moved and Benning doesn't seem like a guy that would force a player to stay if he didn't want to be here. He's worked with agents all the time trying to facilitate a move for players so I just can't see the reason for it going down like this.

you never know what can pop up around the draft, but everything the team has said, and Nate too, point to him wanting to be here. 

In this case its just a TO "source" click bating. 

7 minutes ago, gurn said:

26 pages, on a story that was all ready denied by the player and team.

Welcome to  summer.

Players and teams will always deny right up until a trade occurs. Pretty much scripted.

14 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Players and teams will always deny right up until a trade occurs. Pretty much scripted.

media will always make carp up, definately scripted.

Clicks equal money.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Vancouver is a nice place but nate was stuck in his hotel or where er he was living this year bored outta his mind caus eof the stupid pandemic. Probably didn’t witness much of  the good things vancouver has to offer 

Yeah, and likely never saw any of it on his multiple previous trips to town :ph34r:

Edited by J-Dizzle
  • Upvote 1

I have been pondering a Tarasenko for Schmidt trade, Tarasenko has a higher cap but only 2 seasons left on contract, compared to Schmidts 4 years. Tarasenkos latest injuries definitely deflate his trade value so we could even get some picks coming back in the deal as well.

The reason I bring up Tarasenko is that he may be a great piece to add in our top 6 and help mentor our young Russian coming to town this year :)  I think him and Podz could really gel, and at the very least give Podz a guy to get comfortable with since we have no other ruskys on the team.

Can't say i'm totally in love with this trade, but it works for both parties if both need a change of scenery. And the possibility of Podz and Tara forming something kinda makes me tingle, not gonna lie, especially if it's true that he's healthy again. 

Jb says he’s going to be aggressive aside from picks Schmidt and Myers are about the only two trade peace’s we can move that have any value.

Watching tamps d doesn’t give a lot of support for the soft wee d Vancouver has. 
Nucks don’t have the size or strength to protect the net.

myers is big but ….

we have been an easy to team play against for years  we have maybe two forwards that can throw a effective check I’m not talking about a little bump.Big Mac could hit but the coaches refused to use him.

so our for check is highmore 5,11 188 and motte 5,10 190 lol the fear of getting hit from these two is likely zero. 

and zero d that can or will punish forwards.or even clear the front of the net. 
build small soft no surprise the team is small and soft. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2

11 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Not blaming him, was probably having all the fun he was in a place like Vegas and then got shipped to the very beautiful but boring and bland "no fun city" Vancouver.

Not to mention the rumours that the other players were having issues with his "enthusiastic" attitude lol

I've heard there are two players that are not well liked.....

• RoughGame 1

22 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Yeah like the bull$&!# facts thats been spread around here that he received norris trophy votes when he was in vegas?

There's bullcrap rumours about him wanting to be traded too.

• Cheers 2