• Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/2021 at 11:30 PM

3 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

wow....Schiffy.....probably gonna be suspended for that one....doesn't look like a dirty hit.....but not sure if was necessary considering Evans had already scored....

Not dirty? He’s skating hard from the opposing blueline, and targeted the head on a vulnerable player. On what planet is that not a dirty hit? I’m all for hard nosed playoff style hockey, but this is just completely over the top. 

I think, in watching it again (don't ask why), this bugs me as much as anything.  AFTER laying the guy flat out cold on the ice, he doesn't even check him (at all).  Ignores him as he focuses on who's coming.

What an ass.  

image.png

• Cheers 3

13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Scheifele wasn't coming back to make a "hockey play". He completely ignored the puck and his intent was clear.

Honestly I disagree.  He had full momentum going the other way it’s super easy to miss the puck or knock it into your own net.  Taking the body prevents the player from putting the puck in the net at all.  If evans isn’t injured that’s not even a penalty it’s just unfortunate Evans head hit the ice knocking him out.  If Scheifele got there a split second earlier he prevents the goal.  Also to the other people saying the game was over.  It’s a one goal game with momentum going your way.  Scheifele was trying his best to prevent the goal and he almost did.  I just think that the way Evans landed made the play look so much worse than it actually is.  The hit was shoulder on shoulder while Evans had the puck.  What do you call the penalty?  Roughing? Charging? (Yah that makes sense but I don’t think it was worth more than a major)

Im no Jets or Scheifele fan, but honestly I think people overreact this is nothing compared to what Reaves did to Ryan Suter or Graves this past week.

Edited by Rindiculous
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 2

The speed of that hit is what makes it look a lot uglier than it really was. It wasnt high, his elbow and arm were tucked in unlike Kadri. He ran his shoulder into his chest and Evans head snapped forward at high velocity. In all honesty, what is Scheiffele supposed to do, nah man here take the empty netter. I’d hate to try and keep you from scoring. 

Be real, if that was 25% slower speed Evans gets up from that hit.

You can say there was no point to throw the hit, but I strongly disagree. Its a 1 goal game theres almost a minute of hockey left. If Scheiffele lets Evans come out with an easy tap in, he gets hung for the lack of effort. 
Evans should be expecting to be hit if hes trying to score a goal. He didnt shy away from the puck. Scheiffele was coming in hot and heavy to try and get Evans to give up the chance and keep the game alive. He took the hit to make the play. 
High speed hit, without the intent to injure. Its unfortunate Evans got injured, but it was without a doubt not Scheiffele’s intent. He wanted to scare Evans from going for the empty netter.

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 2

Scheifele went looking for that hit regardless of the fact that the puck was in the net. I don't know what is worse: seeing that cheap shot on a defenseless player or listening to the Winniipeg commentators trying to justify it.

We'll see what the NHL make of it, but if it was up to me he wouldn't play again this season.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, knucklehead91 said:

The speed of that hit is what makes it look a lot uglier than it really was. It wasnt high, his elbow and arm were tucked in unlike Kadri. He ran his shoulder into his chest and Evans head snapped forward at high velocity. In all honesty, what is Scheiffele supposed to do, nah man here take the empty netter. I’d hate to try and keep you from scoring. 

You can say there was no point to throw the hit, but I strongly disagree. Its a 1 goal game theres almost a minute of hockey left. If Scheiffele lets Evans come out with an easy tap in, he gets hung for the lack of effort. 
Evans should be expecting to be hit if hes trying to score a goal. He didnt shy away from the puck. Scheiffele was coming in hot and heavy to try and get Evans to give up the chance and keep the game alive. He took the hit to make the play. 
High speed hit, without the intent to injure. Its unfortunate Evans got injured, but it was without a doubt not Scheiffele’s intent. He wanted to scare Evans from going for the empty netter.

weird take,  I thought it was high, seemed to jump a bit and it was a touch late.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I watched it several times in slow motion, I also think the hit itself was clean.

You're kidding, right?

It's the definition of charging....and the extreme end of it too.

Rule 42 - Charging 42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates, jumps into or charges an opponent in any manner. Charging shall mean the actions of a player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A “charge” may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I watched it several times in slow motion, I also think the hit itself was clean.

Lead with the elbow, made no attempt to play the puck, evans was in a vunerable position while trying to score and unable to protect himself, left his feet, made no attempt to even slow down.  On what Planet is this a clean hit?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, knucklehead91 said:

The problem is that it wasn’t 25% slower. It’s a charge that resulted in a pretty brutal injury, he doesn’t need to run his shoulder through the guy. Is Evans not supposed to try to score there? There’s honestly no way to defend yourself when someone comes in that hot. I get what you’re saying, but I just think Scheiffele could just pull up a bit there. 

Edited by Kenny Blankenship
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Lead with the elbow, made no attempt to play the puck, evans was in a vunerable position while trying to score and unable to protect himself, left his feet, made no attempt to even slow down.  On what Planet is this a clean hit?

There was no elbow and he did not leave his feet and he’s racing back to prevent the wrap around, why should he slow down?

And for those that think the hit is late here is a pick just as the puck crossed the line and Scheif is already set for impact.

A34BADF7-78A9-404B-AFEC-4BBF0C33CE0A.jpeg

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Like 2
  • RoughGame 2

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to NDF: (3) Winnipeg Jets vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens lead series 1-0