• Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/2021 at 11:30 PM

19 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Initial contact looks clean to me, his elbow coming up and him leaving his feet are due to the collision. He was racing back to prevent the empty net goal and a body check was probably his best bet so I don’t see charging, by definition of the rule pretty much any hit is charging.

As I said, I see no suspension coming but if you ask my wife my track record of being right is along the lines of the Canucks win percentage.

Not a chance man. A hit isn’t the quickest way on preventing that goal...obviously if he used his stick that would’ve been the most likely chance of him not scoring. Your stick...ya know...can be multiple feet in front of...ya know...your body....smh

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

39 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

weird take,  I thought it was high, seemed to jump a bit and it was a touch late.

Evans was low as he tried to tuck the puck in. You can see from the angle below the goal line that Scheiffele gets low, keeps his arm and elbow tucked in. He gets Evans dead centre and the force of the hit caused Evans head to snap forward viciously, due to the speed and how hard he went through Evans it caused Scheiffele to go airborn. 
If Schieffele actually caught him right in the head he would be either dead or have a broken neck. Scheiffele even stopped skating from the top of the circle and coasted in (at a very high speed)

I wouldnt call it a dirty hit, its a highspeed hit which is scary. 
To me a dirty hit is in the numbers/elbows up/head is the target/late/blindside

Highspeed is its own issue. Because no matter how clean the actual hit is, the speed of the hit makes it so much more devestating. 
The only issue with the hit was the speed. Not how it connected but the speed that it connected.  Like I said, if that was any slower, Evans is probably fine.

The psychology of that hit is to to scare Evans from going for the puck and the hit is no longer needed

Evans went for the puck, the hit is now unfortunately the only way Scheiffele planned to stop the empty net chance. But the outcome is not at all what Scheiffele was intending. 

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Yep.  I saw that look in his eye.  

Yeah he was going crazy there and for good reason. Props to Ehlers for protecting Evans there. Nasty, unnecessary play.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Evans was low as he tried to tuck the puck in. You can see from the angle below the goal line that Scheiffele gets low, keeps his arm and elbow tucked in. He gets Evans dead centre and the force of the hit caused Evans head to snap forward viciously, due to the speed and how hard he went through Evans it caused Scheiffele to go airborn. 
If Schieffele actually caught him right in the head he would be either dead or have a broken neck. Scheiffele even stopped skating from the top of the circle and coasted in (at a very high speed)

I wouldnt call it a dirty hit, its a highspeed hit which is scary. 
To me a dirty hit is in the numbers/elbows up/head is the target/late/blindside

Highspeed is its own issue. Because no matter how clean the actual hit is, the speed of the hit makes it so much more devestating. 
The only issue with the hit was the speed. Not how it connected but the speed that it connected.  Like I said, if that was any slower, Evans is probably fine.

The psychology of that hit is to to scare Evans from going for the puck and the hit is no longer needed

Evans went for the puck, the hit is now unfortunately the only way Scheiffele planned to stop the empty net chance. But the outcome is not at all what Scheiffele was intending. 

Nah,

He screwed up. Bad hit.

He knew he wouldn't prevent the goal before he got there.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Nigerian said:

Not a chance man. A hit isn’t the quickest way on preventing that goal...obviously if he used his stick that would’ve been the most likely chance of him not scoring. Your stick...ya know...can be multiple feet in front of...ya know...your body....smh

Not if Evans stick and the puck was already coming out front, then Scheifeles stick could have knocked the puck into his own net. If Scheifele was a 1/4 second quicker he would have prevented the goal.

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Not if Evans stick and the puck was already coming out front, then Scheifeles stick could have knocked the puck into his own net. If Scheifele was a 1/4 second quicker he would have prevented the goal.

I dunno, man. Even after the glide, he looks close enough to contact the puck below the goal line, if he’d actually extended his stick.

If Scheifele keeps skating, he gets there even sooner. 

It’s a fast game, of course, but I still think Scheifele plays it differently, if he’s actually thinking about his best chance at stopping the goal.

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

The problem is that it wasn’t 25% slower. It’s a charge that resulted in a pretty brutal result, he doesn’t need to run his shoulder through the guy. Is Evans not supposed to try to score there? There’s honestly no way to defend yourself when someone comes in that hot. I get what you’re saying, but I just think Scheiffele could just pull up a bit there. 

Is Scheiffele not supposed to stop the chance? 
All Scheiffele has to do is scare Evans and he can help keep it a 1 goal game. Evans did exactly what a real man does and takes the hit to make the play. Its just really unfortunate he took a high speed hit and wasnt braced for it.

I can see both sides of it. It was without a doubt not the outcome that Scheiffele was going for. Is a poke check going to scare you from going for the empty netter or is a big scary hit going to?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I dunno, man. Even after the glide, he looks close enough to contact the puck below the goal line, if he’d actually extended his stick.

If Scheifele keeps skating, he gets there even sooner. 

It’s a fast game, of course, but I still think Scheifele plays it differently, if he’s actually thinking about his best chance at stopping the goal.

I’m sure he didn’t plan the hit from the start but at some point he felt that was the play he needed to make, I think that point came in the last couple seconds, that was a high speed play and split second decision that’s why I think it was a hockey play. Unfortunately there is no way to know what he was thinking.

1 minute ago, knucklehead91 said:

Is Scheiffele not supposed to stop the chance? 
All Scheiffele has to do is scare Evans and he can help keep it a 1 goal game. Evans did exactly what a real man does and takes the hit to make the play. Its just really unfortunate he took a high speed hit and wasnt braced for it.

I can see both sides of it. It was without a doubt not the outcome that Scheiffele was going for. Is a poke check going to scare you from going for the empty netter or is a big scary hit going to?

Oh come on..."scare a guy" from an empty netter?

Or try to prevent the empty netter?

Yours is a reach for sure.  Which is what he should have done.  

Look at how he was amped up and see that this was more about unleashing some frustration than it was saving a goal from being scored.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1