• Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/2021 at 11:30 PM

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Considering he made no play on the puck whatsoever, yes. 

You know I can't argue with that...  but I just think that hitting someone behind the net to prevent a goal is a perfectly good play that Scheifele is late on by about 0.2 seconds.  I wish that Evans didn't get hurt on the play, but the only way that you can justify a suspension on the play is that Scheifele should've known that he had picked up a lot of speed and that he should've anticipated that Evans was going to do a low wrap around.  

Anyways after reading your arguments I do tend to lean more to the dangerous side and could see them going 2-3 games. Once you go over 3 games, you're getting into the predatory hit territory, kind of the Kadri blindside shoulder to head special.  Kadri is a repeat-repeat-repeat-repeat offender hence the 8 games this time.  

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

So what’s your prediction on suspension, I predicted no suspension, I can see one but only to calm stuff down next game. If it’s 2 or more then I’ll freely admit I’m wrong. If it’s 1 or less will you admit I’m right?

I’ll base right on what I saw I have also been a certified official in lacrosse and charging is covered under identical language and interpretation in hockey. 

That was a charge and a Major imo should be done for the series. Wheel of justice will probably f it up as usual. Wouldn’t surprise me if it is only 3 or 4 games cause “playoff games = 2 season games” another unwritten rule that should be abolished imo. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Kenny Blankenship said:

I say he gets 2 games. I would give him 4 but because he’s a star he gets away easy. At this point it would be dumb not to suspend him. Unless Parros wants a bloodbath in the next game. 

Yeah it would be a good idea to throw at least a couple at him.  

They shouldn't consider the fact that he's a star, but rather that he has been a clean player throughout his career.  That's why you throw the book at guys like Reaves and Kadri. 

21 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Okay but if he clips him, he is going head first into the boards at a high speed.

the only way he avoids charging or clipping is to stop skating and give up on the game. He hustled back and made 2 split second choices

1) try to scare Evans with speed instead of defending with a poke check

2) throw the hit instead of????? Peeling away?? Its a fast game, it sucks someone got hurt.

stop and poke check, win the puck battle but have to start back up ice from a stand still.

or try to intimidate someone with speed and hope to skate up ice with the free puck. 

it was just a really unfortunate outcome. We can all sit here and say he shoulda done this and shoulda done that and just react based off an outcome. Or we can try to understand how we got to that outcome and put ourselves in a position not to judge and blame. But to understand what the actual intent was and wether or not it was malice. Break down body language (stick on the ice, both hands on the stick, leaning on his backhand side) and maybe we can settle down the emotion of the outcome and believe that this was an unfortunate outcome that was not the primary intention.

Speed was high, but he was back checking

stopped skating and began to coast, he is in control. He can turn up the ice from that angle and that speed. Any faster and he cannot turn quick enough to go back up the ice it is a clear indicator he has no intention to go up the ice, he only cares to hurt someone.

The plan didnt work and he sadly went with the hit as he abandoned the idea of a stick check and went with the idea of intimidation and hoping for a free puck to scoop up

Those are fair points and I don’t really disagree. Yes, it was an unfortunate outcome and it will be interesting to see what the Department of Player Safety thinks. In the end, I’m glad Evans is alert and doing better.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

I say he gets 2 games. I would give him 4 but because he’s a star he gets away easy. At this point it would be dumb not to suspend him. Unless Parros wants a bloodbath in the next game. 

So, we’ve been going back and forth I propose a deal:

0 games: you concede I’m not dumb.

1 game: I can see one game just to avoid a bloodbath so I’d call it a wash.

2+ games: I will admit I’m not so smart.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Waves stick towards the corner.... 

YOINK just gunna pull that puck back and watch you head on into the corner.

Can wave the stick but follow through with the body and not use as much force, no injury to either party and no charging call. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I’ll base right on what I saw I have also been a certified official in lacrosse and charging is covered under identical language and interpretation in hockey. 

That was a charge and a Major imo should be done for the series. Wheel of justice will probably f it up as usual. Wouldn’t surprise me if it is only 3 or 4 games cause “playoff games = 2 season games” another unwritten rule that should be abolished imo. 

So, making excuses in case I’m right.

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Those are fair points and I don’t really disagree. Yes, it was an unfortunate outcome and it will be interesting to see what the Department of Player Safety thinks. In the end, I’m glad Evans is alert and doing better.

Im not saying he shouldnt be suspended either. I think a suspension is fine and fair. High speed hits are dangerous.

im just moreso trying to point out things that are not being taken into consideration due the outcome of the hit overshadowing all the small little details that tell of a different intent but a horrible outcome. 

The speed is what made everything so much worse. 

and with a highspeed hit, Scheifele is taking a lllllot of risk himself. He cant guarantee he is going to be okay from the hit either, he could blow his shoulder a part. He could catch a piece of him and go flying into the boards. 

Everything changed when Evans stuck to the wrap around attempt. Scheifele couldnt take him out along the boards, he had to end up going head on unfortunately. After abandoning the idea of a stick check, he could only either hit or skate away. And i think we all know how pissed we’d be if Horvat turned away from a guy and let him have an empty netter. We want him to take the body, we just dont want anyone to get hurt

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Never liked him. 

Also, always thought he looked a lot like Luther...

Just as crazy, perhaps?

large.the-warriors-luther.jpg.f0da438d4294a62676bf8404215cabc2.jpg

lol thats a good one, also need to rewatch that movie, cant even remember the last time i did.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Okay but if he clips him, he is going head first into the boards at a high speed.

the only way he avoids charging or clipping is to stop skating and give up on the game. He hustled back and made 2 split second choices

1) try to scare Evans with speed instead of defending with a poke check

2) throw the hit instead of????? Peeling away?? Its a fast game, it sucks someone got hurt.

stop and poke check, win the puck battle but have to start back up ice from a stand still.

or try to intimidate someone with speed and hope to skate up ice with the free puck. 

it was just a really unfortunate outcome. We can all sit here and say he shoulda done this and shoulda done that and just react based off an outcome. Or we can try to understand how we got to that outcome and put ourselves in a position not to judge and blame. But to understand what the actual intent was and wether or not it was malice. Break down body language (stick on the ice, both hands on the stick, leaning on his backhand side) and maybe we can settle down the emotion of the outcome and believe that this was an unfortunate outcome that was not the primary intention.

Speed was high, but he was back checking

stopped skating and began to coast, he is in control. He can turn up the ice from that angle and that speed. Any faster and he cannot turn quick enough to go back up the ice it is a clear indicator he has no intention to go up the ice, he only cares to hurt someone.

The plan didnt work and he sadly went with the hit as he abandoned the idea of a stick check and went with the idea of intimidation and hoping for a free puck to scoop up

The argumentative defense of any proposition is inversely proportional to the truth contained.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Can wave the stick but follow through with the body and not use as much force, no injury to either party and no charging call. 

Ummmm.... so hes still travelling at the same speed. The force is going to be the same. Your solution still doesnt change the outcome. Its a highspeed hit that even Scheifele is taking a risk on. He could blow his shoulder a part or go flying headfirst into the boards if he only catches a piece of him. Its just really unfortunate outcome. It was less than a split second. 

Watch Scheifele’s feet as he is approaching. He is leaning one way to possibly scoop the puck and go back up the ice OR if Evans goes wide he can ride him into corner hard but safely. 
Evans goes for the jam in wraparound and You can see Scheifele switch his edges to go in tight to the net and take out Evans. 
The intent was not to hurt, it was a split second of choice with a bad outcome. 
suspendible, yes. But the intent was not there to hurt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Apparently hospitals in Manitoba are pretty much at capacity. That’s why they didnt take him there.  They ruled out spinal injury and are now monitoring him at the hotel 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Ummmm.... so hes still travelling at the same speed. The force is going to be the same. Your solution still doesnt change the outcome. Its a highspeed hit that even Scheifele is taking a risk on. He could blow his shoulder a part or go flying headfirst into the boards if he only catches a piece of him. Its just really unfortunate outcome. It was less than a split second. 

Watch Scheifele’s feet as he is approaching. He is leaning one way to possibly scoop the puck and go back up the ice OR if Evans goes wide he can ride him into corner hard but safely. 
Evans goes for the jam in wraparound and You can see Scheifele switch his edges to go in tight to the net and take out Evans. 
The intent was not to hurt, it was a split second of choice with a bad outcome. 
suspendible, yes. But the intent was not there to hurt.

Clearly I mean slower, this hit is indefensible and stupid. The intent was clearly to hurt and is asinine to argue otherwise. 

• Cheers 1