The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Canucks and Seattle (and beyond)

5 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

If we’re losing our 9th overall pick, LE and Ferland’s contracts better be going with it.

why ferlands he's on ltir so there is no issue there. I would rather them take roussell instead

Edited by hockeyking
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

1)

To Seattle:  Myers + Holtby + 9th OA

To Vancouver:  7th rounder

2) Canucks sign Philip Danault (5 million) and Adam Larsson (6 million)

3) Virtanen buyout money towards Hamonic

4) Edler + Sutter + Baertschi money + Eriksson minors relief money = split evenly amongst Pettersson and Hughes bridge deals.

5) Roussel + 2nd as sweetener for 7th rounder.  Money used to sign a cheap back goalie + #6 cheap vet right side dman

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander

Vesey-Danault-Podkolzin

Motte-Graovich-Highmore

Hughes-Larsson

Schmidt-Hamonic

Rathbone-CheapVet

Demko

CheapVet

2022 off-season:  Beagle + Eriksson money + Luongo cap penalty freed up money = used to upgrade Top 4 D + WING. (ByeByeVesey + Hamonic to 3rd pairing).

Why, in any universe would we do #1, not to mention the others.

If we wanted Myers gone, all you have to do is leave him unprotected in the expansion draft and they will snap him up. If you want to trade him, he'll get you pretty good value on return. He's a solid top 4 D, He's not perfect, but he's a much better D than a lot of people seem to think.

As we sit right now, we're a better team with Myers on it, Seattle will take Holtby in the expansion draft, he's their best option from us.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I am sooooo happy that fans are not running this team!!!

we'd be giving Seattle McTavish, to take Myers and Holty. 

I don't want to see Jim burn any picks to move cap this year. Let Loui sit in Abbotsford, the fans there will have a lot of fun wit him. 

1 hour ago, hockeyking said:

why ferlands he's on ltir so there is no issue there. I would rather them take roussell instead

Point of my reply was that there was no way we're giving up our 9th overall pick without some really major cap dump(s) going the other way (1st on that list would be Eriksson).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

15 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

So you've spoken to Ron Francis then? 

Lollll no it’s just heresy.   I think someone else even mentioned it on here that Seattle was going to be extremely analytics driven in its approach and would be extremely careful in who it picked.  That’s not gospel though it’s just what has been floating around out there.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Myers or Schmidt and Lind to WPG for PLD?

Jets fans are angry, they traded their star winger (Laine) for PLD and he has been plain bad, very underwhelming. He wasn't injured during playoffs. Is Dubois a bust? Or...?  Also, the Jets D needs help. They may be desperate to make big changes, their window is closing fast.

Could be a good #3C or LW, and maybe more as he develops and gets older.

You’re crazy if you think Winnipeg is going to move PLD this soon after giving up Laine to acquire him.  It’s been 40 games.  And how do you know he wasn’t injured during the playoffs? Just because he was playing it doesn’t mean he wasn’t battling a nagging injury.  

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

we'd be giving Seattle McTavish, to take Myers and Holty. 

I don't want to see Jim burn any picks to move cap this year. Let Loui sit in Abbotsford, the fans there will have a lot of fun wit him. 

Loui will be bought out, saves us 2 million on cap.

Holtby will go to Seattle

Only way we move the 9OA is if its for immediate help like we did to acquire Miller. If there's an opportunity to flip 9OA with someone for Seth Jones under the condition that he will resign in Vancouver, then great. If not, just make the pick.

• Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Seattle would take Myers and Holtby for free.  Myers has actually played very well for us since the bubble.

That's still over 10 million in cap space for an aging defenseman and an awful backup goalie.  I don't see Seattle touching that deal as they want to compete (and helping us free up that amount of cap space means they won't be able to compete against us by a longshot).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Loui will be bought out, saves us 2 million on cap.

Holtby will go to Seattle

Only way we move the 9OA is if its for immediate help like we did to acquire Miller. If there's an opportunity to flip 9OA with someone for Seth Jones under the condition that he will resign in Vancouver, then great. If not, just make the pick.

tbh I'm torn on a Loui buyout. We still save 1/2 that by sticking his butt in Abby. I don't like the idea of paying for him for two more years. Next year we still have the Luongo bs recapture, lets be free of that AND Loui two seasons from now. 

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

1)

To Seattle:  Myers + Holtby + 9th OA

To Vancouver:  7th rounder

2) Canucks sign Philip Danault (5 million) and Adam Larsson (6 million)

3) Virtanen buyout money towards Hamonic

4) Edler + Sutter + Baertschi money + Eriksson minors relief money = split evenly amongst Pettersson and Hughes bridge deals.

5) Roussel + 2nd as sweetener for 7th rounder.  Money used to sign a cheap back goalie + #6 cheap vet right side dman

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander

Vesey-Danault-Podkolzin

Motte-Graovich-Highmore

Hughes-Larsson

Schmidt-Hamonic

Rathbone-CheapVet

sDemko

CheapVet

2022 off-season:  Beagle + Eriksson money + Luongo cap penalty freed up money = used to upgrade Top 4 D + WING. (ByeByeVesey + Hamonic to 3rd pairing).

Never make this trade..9th O/A no no no...Other way to make moves....Larsson signs in Edmonton soon..

OMG-- Giving up 2nd rounder to move Roussel... Your killing the team..

TERRIBLE 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

tbh I'm torn on a Loui buyout. We still save 1/2 that by sticking his butt in Abby. I don't like the idea of paying for him for two more years. Next year we still have the Luongo bs recapture, lets be free of that AND Loui two seasons from now. 

Reduced the money he gets by 1 million. He might get a league minimum contract from someone, but I doubt it.