The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen update

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I think her text messages and social media direct messages to him might save jake 

I am certainly not privy to those alleged text messages so really can not comment one way or the other about their existence and if they do exist just what the messages were.

it will be up to the courts to decide the outcome of this and any thing said one way or the other on CDC is just conjecture at this point.

1 minute ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I am certainly not privy to those alleged text messages so really can not comment one way or the other about their existence and if they do exist just what the messages were.

it will be up to the courts to decide the outcome of this and any thing said one way or the other on CDC is just conjecture at this point.

Well regardless those messages should help find what the real truth is. 

• Upvote 1

not sure this needs its own thread, but interesting that he doesn't deny they met up. 

4 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Well regardless those messages should help find what the real truth is. 

maybe? who knows. 

Interesting that the Canucks chose to change investigators for a firm with more experience. 

18 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Is he suspended without pay right now?

17 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I assume so but i dunno.

JV is on a "leave of absence".  To me this means that he has been separated from the team which is a good idea.  No mention of salary.  I assume he is collecting it.

52 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

It is but the response from Jake to this very serious allegation was expected. What else is he supposed to say in these circumstances.

Hard to say how this all plays out but I do think Jake will be either bought out or moved this off season.

Do you think that Jake spoke to the media on the advice of his lawyer?  I'd be willing to bet not.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

JV is on a "leave of absence".  To me this means that he has been separated from the team which is a good idea.  No mention of salary.  I assume he is collecting it.

Do you think that Jake spoke to the media on the advice of his lawyer?  I'd be willing to bet not.

If he was smart (questionable), he would have consulted with his lawyer before speaking out about this allegation.

• Cheers 1

So basically the truth is either the girl is looking for a payday after Virtanen's signed that 5.1million contract and is in the gutters being on the shortleash this season. Or Virtanen did physically force the girl, aka rape. My gut feeling it is the first (pls dont crucify me). 

However this pans out Virtanen would take a lot of luck to get his career back on track. 

• Vintage 1