The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning on Sportsnet 650 with Halford & Brough - June 24, 2021

Rate this topic

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Is Schwartz a UFA?  

He is. Though as a left wing, he would push Pearson to the right side. Then once Podz develops, he can take over the 2RW role, and Pearson can move to 3LW.

Edited by kloubek
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FaninMex said:

While I agree with you about the picks, I do believe this is a good year to move our first. Is there a good player at 9th? Yes, likely. But we need to give to get. I think this team needs to get a piece to the puzzle this year then look for something in the UFA column next year. It keeps the team moving forward.

Start about the 1 minute mark. As he has a few interesting points before he talks about the Leafs again.

Two years without a first round pick. They are creating another void in our development system.  If their moves don't work their will be nothing in our system to turn too.

53 minutes ago, kloubek said:

He is. Though as a left wing, he would push Pearson to the right side. Then once Podz develops, he can take over the 2RW role, and Pearson can move to 3LW.

Or just push Pearson to 3rd now...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Or just push Pearson to 3rd now...

Pearson was a productive player season after last. If he returns to form, there is no reason not to keep him on the 2nd, maintaining a winger for Bo which he hasn't had a lot of prior. Who do you propose moves to 2nd? Podkolzin - who has played 0 games in the NHL? 

At least wait for camp.

1 hour ago, kloubek said:

Pearson was a productive player season after last. If he returns to form, there is no reason not to keep him on the 2nd, maintaining a winger for Bo which he hasn't had a lot of prior. Who do you propose moves to 2nd? Podkolzin - who has played 0 games in the NHL? 

At least wait for camp.

In your scenario, Schwartz, Horvat, Hoglander.

I have zero issue with Pearson, but Schwartz is a better player.

22 hours ago, aGENT said:

In your scenario, Schwartz, Horvat, Hoglander.

I have zero issue with Pearson, but Schwartz is a better player.

Well, I was playing on the idea of Miller moving to 3c., and already had Hogs on the 1st line. (Though if we did get Schwartz, he'd likely be put on the 1st instead). So if we were to drop Pearson to the 3rd in my scenario, Podz would have to start as 2rw and that's a pretty big ask for a rookie.

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser

Schwartz? Horvat Pearson

Highmore Miller Podkolzin

Motte Beagle Sutter

Graovac, Lind, Gadjovich

28 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Any idea if Gadjovich has adequate hockey IQ to ride shotgun with Pettersson?  If so, he can be the Semenko to our Swedish "Great One".  :bigblush:

Gadojovich needs to work on his skating  before any of that ever happens , he just is too slow right now to keep up

8 minutes ago, the grinder said:

Gadojovich needs to work on his skating  before any of that ever happens , he just is too slow right now to keep up

Gads is actually pretty fast in a straight line; it’s his first couple steps that are slow.  He makes up for his lack of quickness though with smarts.  I think he could definitely play with Petey and Bess.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Gads is actually pretty fast in a straight line; it’s his first couple steps that are slow.  He makes up for his lack of quickness though with smarts.  I think he could definitely play with Petey and Bess.  

Oh man he could provide a great screen for Boesser & Petey and really clean up around the net. He scored a lot of his goals in close.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Oh man he could provide a great screen for Boesser & Petey and really clean up around the net. He scored a lot of his goals in close.

And he is tough as hell too.  The question for me is does Gads have the aerobic capacity (not all guys do, no matter how hard they work off ice) to play at that pace for 14 plus five on five minutes game after game?  If he does, them I think he might work. Because he’s smart, and has the skills to play with good players.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

If they're going to keep Miller as a centre (which I hope they do) and put one of the 3 rookies wingers with Boeser and Pettersen, I think Podkolzin would be a better fit on that line.  Then Lind and Gadjovich can each play on one of the other top three lines, unless we acquire another winger to replace one of them.