47 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

DET

Nate Schmidt 

9th Overall

VAN

Filip Hronek
Jonathan Berggren

Ya, nay, or maybe?

If I’m moving Schmidt and a 9th (which is retarded to begin with), I’m asking for Brandon Carlo + their 1st in Boston (which Boston would likely decline).

I’m completely flabbergasted as to why people want to move Schmidt.  He plays both sides, moves the puck extremely well, has a relatively cap hit, and was the best defenseman on a cup finalist team a few years back.  Let’s see how the guy does when he adjusts to our system......especially now that Brad Shaw will be running our defense (and will be encouraging puck possession and dmen joining the rush apparently.......which suits Schmidt’s game) as opposed to that moron Nolan Bumgartner.

Edited by Patel Bure
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

If I’m moving Schmidt and a 9th (which is retarded to begin with), I’m asking for Brandon Carlo + their 1st in Boston (which Boston would likely decline).

I’m completely flabbergasted as to why people want to move Schmidt.  He plays both sides, moves the puck extremely well, has a relatively cap hit, and was the best defenseman on a cup finalist team a few years back.  Let’s see how the guy does when he adjusts to our system......especially now that Brad Shaw will be running our defense (and will be encouraging puck possession and dmen joining the rush apparently.......which suits Schmidt’s game) as opposed to that moron Nolan Bumgartner.

Because schmidt didnt prove any of that last year. Thats why. I dont even remember one game where i was like wow schmidt is playing awesome.

• RoughGame 1

16 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Because schmidt didnt prove any of that last year. Thats why. I dont even remember one game where i was like wow schmidt is playing awesome.

That's recency bias, but if Shaw changes the system would you not believe that he could do better?
Hronek is Detroit's current top D-man out of necessity (the kids haven't earned their roster spots yet) but he's not the sizable RHD that the team should seek to pair with Hughes.  If we're offering a 9th pick PLUS Schmidt (who has positive value as a top-4 D-man), I'd want some combination of Seider, Rasmussen or Soderblom coming back.  Rather not add more small talent.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

He wasn’t being deployed in the correct manner.  Hopefully, that will change with the arrival of Brad Shaw. Schmidt needs to play in a system where he is

1) encouraged to move the puck up ice and join the rush

2) play on the right hand side 

3) play with a strong defensive minded defenseman.

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

DET

Nate Schmidt 

9th Overall

VAN

Filip Hronek
Jonathan Berggren

Ya, nay, or maybe?

I would not make this trade Berggren 5'11, Hronek 6'0 ome offence we already have this in Hughes and Rathbone..

Would rather go after a big D man like Graves 6'5, 26, 21:00 TOI .....Colorado will lose to Seattle..

Col  - 2nd rounder - Lind ----- Van - Graves , 2022 -- 3rd rounder

15 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

There was one game.   I remember it.   Scored a nice goal too.    Schmidt and Eagle took tough minutes.   And he's fast.   Don't know why we can't just give him the benifit of the doubt.  Good in WSH, great in Vegas. 

18 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

keep it classy

On 6/27/2021 at 2:06 PM, Rush17 said:

DET

Nate Schmidt 

9th Overall

VAN

Filip Hronek
Jonathan Berggren

Ya, nay, or maybe?

Good, skilled young players but undersized.

We already have a lot of undersized skill and speed.

Size is an issue with our team and it does matter.

Schmidt is much better then he showed. I believe he will be a much improved player next season.

Imo, JB needs to start adding aggressive size to our lineup with more attention being paid to our blueline.

I'm looking at guys like Erik Cernak, Kevin Bahl, Braden Schneider, Ryan O Rourke, and Jordan Greenway and hope JB, seriously looks at offer sheeting Darnell Nurse if he gets to free agency next year. It's also a big reason I want McTavish at this draft.

We seriously lack in the physical facet of the game. If the 9th pick is dealt, I really hope size and aggression play a big factor in it.

• Vintage 1