The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Blackhawks working on Duncan Keith trade to Pacific Northwest or Western Canada

6 minutes ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Ive always been a fan of keith he reminds me of a veteran hughes small mobile D BUT! If you watched the playoffs we are missing a mean nasty big defender we already have a few small mobile defence 

I wouldn’t categorize Keith as “small”…

Hate or hate him, Keith is hated for many things. Being small isn’t one of them.

Edited by Me_

5 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Wasn’t he like 160 pounds in college or something like that?

Dunno but when he was born he was 7.5lbs….

…………………….

………………………………

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Dunno but when he was born he was 7.5lbs….

…………………….

………………………………

My point was that he is not of great stature. He's added muscle to his frame, but I believe by nature he's a fairly slight l guy. A late growth spurt helped him crack 6'.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

huh. Thats interesting, but that doesn't feel like a Holland move to me, he's a pretty conservative dude. I'd be pretty happy about it though. 

Just thinking it would be an upgrade on/replacement for Barrie... Then he can go for a lower cost, 3rd pair guy to play Larsson'  harder minutes.

Plus EDM does tend to need to play more offense given their lineup. Schmidt is probably better at that than Larsson. Also need to keep McDavid happy and try to win...

Edited by aGENT
  • Vintage 1

47 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Just thinking it would be an upgrade on/replacement for Barrie... Then he can go for a lower cost, 3rd pair guy to play Larsson'  harder minutes.

Plus EDM does tend to need to play more offense given their lineup. Schmidt is probably better at that than Larsson. Also need to keep McDavid happy and try to win...

I can see the fit for sure. Id want to fleece EDM tho.

2 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

My point was that he is not of great stature. He's added muscle to his frame, but I believe by nature he's a fairly slight l guy. A late growth spurt helped him crack 6'.

And my point is, Keith is not small.

3 hours ago, Me_ said:

And my point is, Keith is not small.

I think he’s similar to Rathbone. Not big by any stretch, but “big enough”, which I think Rathbone will get there eventually. Seem to see a lot of people worry about JR’s size. 

Keith was just exceptional at using his skating, smarts, and stick to negate the size he lacked. 

• Cheers 2

52 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I think he’s similar to Rathbone. Not big by any stretch, but “big enough”, which I think Rathbone will get there eventually. Seem to see a lot of people worry about JR’s size. 

Keith was just exceptional at using his skating, smarts, and stick to negate the size he lacked. 

The perfect mentor for Hughes.

But I digress…

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I can see the fit for sure. Id want to fleece EDM tho.

Clear some cap, add Larsson, gain 20th OA select Couleman, Chayka etc (after selecting whichever F drops to us at 9)... I'd be game for that.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 7/8/2021 at 7:09 PM, Sean Monahan said:

Where Keith excelled was his fitness level.   Could run a marathon just to warm up for the next part of the triatholon.   So playoffs and OT he was heads and tails ahead of the rest of his brethren.   Like Chelios, Roberts and Gilmour that way.    Just a level up on everyone, could play 30 mins and barely break a sweat.   QHs is nothing like Keith.   Yet at least. 

54 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Where Keith excelled was his fitness level.   Could run a marathon just to warm up for the next part of the triatholon.   So playoffs and OT he was heads and tails ahead of the rest of his brethren.   Like Chelios, Roberts and Gilmour that way.    Just a level up on everyone, could play 30 mins and barely break a sweat.   QHs is nothing like Keith.   Yet at least. 

Was comparing Rathbone to Keith in regards to the size. Rathbone’s known to be a gym rat so hopefully he can be similar.