The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks Interested in Tyler Bertuzzi

What would be the cost here?

Hes an RFA probably looking to get paid 4-5 mil I would think.

Capable 20 goal scoring 50 point guy who plays with an edge. Would complement Horvat perfectly and he’s the nephew of a fan favourite.

I would do the 2nd and a prospect.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Capable 20 goal scoring 50 point guy who plays with an edge. Would complement Horvat perfectly and he’s the nephew of a fan favourite.

Knowing Steve Yzerman and his shrewd ability to squeeze other GM's he isn't letting Bertuzzi go for that price.

He basically got a first, second round pick and a top six forward in Vrana for Mantha.  Bertuzzi played a big part of Detriot's first line in 2019-2020 that saw him become their best all around winger on the team.  It won't be a cheap price to acquire him. Id expect Yzerman will look to acquire a similar asking price he got for Mantha.

• Upvote 1

On 7/10/2021 at 12:05 AM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Yzerman, really doing a full rebuild by selling expensive & young assets (even the young Mantha), while he builds his (own) young core; and saving his cap to add when his core is ready.  Ballsy but he is able to sell his plan to the owners & (to a lesser degree) the fans.

Something to ponder: if Yzerman, was our GM - would he had traded the Twins to expedite his rebuild ?   My guess: Yes.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Upvote 3
  • RoughGame 2

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’d be very interested in him as well, although I want to know more about his injury. He missed almost all of the season and apparently had back surgery. Does anybody have any updates on that?

8 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Knowing Steve Yzerman and his shrewd ability to squeeze other GM's he isn't letting Bertuzzi go for that price.

He basically got a first, second round pick and a top six forward in Vrana for Mantha.  Bertuzzi played a big part of Detriot's first line in 2019-2020 that saw him become their best all around winger on the team.  It won't be a cheap price to acquire him. Id expect Yzerman will look to acquire a similar asking price he got for Mantha.

Well they’re not gettin that much. Washington overpaid big time.

They can have a couple 2nds and Juolevi then.

Just now, Outsiders said:

Another team can afford to overpay than us. Plus we don't exactly have 4-5 to go handing out. Bert doesn't really fight anymore either, I want someone that'll actually drop em anytime not another Roussel 

We wouldn’t be handing out 4-5 mil, he’s a legit top 6 forward that would be great value at that price.

He doesn’t need to fight to be effective. He’s a gritty top 6 player that would complement Bo and Podz perfectly.

If all he costs is a couple of picks and a prospect you do it. Way better than giving up the 9th for Reinhart.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

We wouldn’t be handing out 4-5 mil, he’s a legit top 6 forward that would be great value at that price.

He doesn’t need to fight to be effective. He’s a gritty top 6 player that would complement Bo and Podz perfectly.

If all he costs is a couple of picks and a prospect you do it. Way better than giving up the 9th for Reinhart.

If we are paying him 4-5 mil we would be handing out 4-5 mil literally was my point. Also, I like the player I'm just worried the type of game those guys play don't hold up long term. He was injured all this season and we'd have to give him lets say 4.5 on a 4 or 5 year deal. I just don't think giving up a bunch more seconds and Juolevi is a smart choice. 

This would great, one more skilled pker and he would push Pearson down to the 3rd line to mentor Podz. 

Miller - Petersson - Boeser

Bertuzzi - Horvat - Hoglander

Pearson - ???? - Podkolzin

Motte - Graovac - MacEwen

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

I think the price would start at a 1st+ but the main thing would be finding a GM that isn't scared by his injury. If health becomes a risk then it could deflate the value quite a bit like it seems to be doing with Eichel. 

I wouldn't move 9th OA for him but I would consider next year's first. I don't think I'd do much more than that if at all though. 

Bertuzzi - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat Hoglander

Roussel - Miller - Podkolzin

Motte - Beagle - MacEwan 

Highmore

Ideally another forward could be added do displace Roussel, maybe from a Schmidt trade. 

7 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

If we are paying him 4-5 mil we would be handing out 4-5 mil literally was my point. Also, I like the player I'm just worried the type of game those guys play don't hold up long term. He was injured all this season and we'd have to give him lets say 4.5 on a 4 or 5 year deal. I just don't think giving up a bunch more seconds and Juolevi is a smart choice. 

How do you propose we upgrade the top 6 then?

Its gonna have to come through trade cause we’re not doing it in free agency.

I would offer Lind + OJ + Second 

Lind is trending the right way despite putting up 0 points in 7 games @ NHL level he'll get another shot, and if anyone knows a thing or two about development paths its Det.

If anyone can get the most out of OJ it would be Det plus he would have lots of chances for ice time here.

Second is self explanatory.

Keep in mind Bertuzzi only played like 9 games this year 

Edited by logic

It doesn't make any sense to give up what it would take to bring in Bertuzzi. We'd have to give up 90A and we need centers and not wingers. Unless we're planning on trade ANOTHER first to bring in a player that will make us a little bit less mediocre is just pointless. We need homegrown talent, we need to keep our pick and forget about this 26-year-old. We need a guy to fill in for injures, Mason McTavish, Simon Edvinsson, Cole Sillinger, William Eklund or Brandt Clarke, not Tyler Bertuzzi, is the way to pave forward. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, morrissex95 said:

It doesn't make any sense to give up what it would take to bring in Bertuzzi. We'd have to give up 90A and we need centers and not wingers. Unless we're planning on trade ANOTHER first to bring in a player that will make us a little bit less mediocre is just pointless. We need homegrown talent, we need to keep our pick and forget about this 26-year-old. We need a guy to fill in for injures, Mason McTavish, Simon Edvinsson, Cole Sillinger, William Eklund or Brandt Clarke, not Tyler Bertuzzi, is the way to pave forward. 

You ain't getting 9OA for a guy who played 9 games last year mate

• Cheers 4

Just now, logic said:

You ain't getting 9OA for a guy who played 9 games last year mate

What do you expect the Red Wings to want? What do we have? They'll probably ask for north of what Calgary got for Bennett and probably a little bit less than what the Isles got for Palmieri. That's a haul Vancouver can't afford. 

• Cheers 2