The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks Interested in Tyler Bertuzzi

13 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

DiPietro and Virtanen, final offer

If we're giving up Mikey, then Detroit has to take some salary too, Roussel at a minimum, preferably Loui. Loui's crap deal might actually be worth something to Stevie since its already 1/2 paid. 

8 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

What do you expect the Red Wings to want? What do we have? They'll probably ask for north of what Calgary got for Bennett and probably a little bit less than what the Isles got for Palmieri. That's a haul Vancouver can't afford. 

DET

Virtanen

VAN

Berruzzi

• RoughGame 1

31 minutes ago, Pears said:

Again, concussions are a much different injury from backs. If I recall correctly Edler rebounded pretty well from his back injury. 

Edler never hit as much after the surgery. But he does pick his spots here and there. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Edler never hit as much after the surgery. But he does pick his spots here and there. 

I think he’s been more cautious ever since his suspension years ago too. Your right though every now and then he still destroys someone 

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Oh no doubt, but I think another factor is how often he gets penalized/suspended for the littlest things when other times that will be let go. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Knowing Steve Yzerman and his shrewd ability to squeeze other GM's he isn't letting Bertuzzi go for that price.

He basically got a first, second round pick and a top six forward in Vrana for Mantha.  Bertuzzi played a big part of Detriot's first line in 2019-2020 that saw him become their best all around winger on the team.  It won't be a cheap price to acquire him. Id expect Yzerman will look to acquire a similar asking price he got for Mantha.

Pretty much this.

Pass.

Canucks are not close to being a contender to start adding pieces at the cost of sacrificing the future.

Canucks need more cheap ELC players to step up and join the big club while the bad contracts expire next season.

Be patient.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Little Bert just had back surgery.  To be effective he needs to play a style that will likely continue to see his body break down.  He’s a high risk (damaged goods) acquisition.  

Bertuzzi-Eichel-Kessel

who says no?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BPA said:

Pass.

Canucks are not close to being a contender to start adding pieces at the cost of sacrificing the future.

Canucks need more cheap ELC players to step up and join the big club while the bad contracts expire next season.

Be patient.

Canucks aren’t gonna waste another year of their core players prime being patient. They wanna make the playoffs.

Bertuzzi is the right age and the right fit where I’d be fine giving up picks and prospects.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I wish everyone would stop including Joulevi in every trade then pencil Rathbone in his place. Rathbone is a talented offensive Defence man but he is smaller then Hughes. We can’t have a defence that can’t play defence and can’t handle the rigours of the playoffs. Joulevi will have greater long term value for the organization then Rathbone. Since Joulevi recovered from his injuries has progressed really well. I would include Rathbone over Joulevi in these trade proposals. 

• RoughGame 2

What would it take and why would they want to trade him? Top line winger with grit who’s young!?

would allow miller to play C and put bertuzzi  with petey

and god would it be nice to Bert on a jersey again 

I managed to find a little on his recovery.

The skilled and bruising forward went to the 2020 all-star game and through with arbitration in that off-season. One can only imagine what debating Steve Yzerman over your worth is like.

They settled on a one-year, $3.5-million pact, closer to the $3.15 million filed by the Wings than the $4.25 million Bertuzzi requested on the strength of back-to-back 21-goal seasons.

Hurt feelings sometimes linger from these cases, but Bertuzzi downplayed that, telling the Detroit Free Press there was "nothing personal at all."

Bertuzzi injured his back on Jan. 28 against Dallas but a troubling recovery pushed him to seek a second opinion and he had an operation on April 30.

"You never want surgery, but I thought I was honestly going to be a little bit more immobile after," Bertuzzi told reporters in May. "I'm feeling really good right now, so I'm happy I ended up doing it.

"Honestly, it was a really tough year and I'm looking to just put it past me and get ready for next year."

Bertuzzi, a net-front presence, vowed that his rehab won’t alter his hard-driving game.

"It's just a slow process initially after surgery and gradually ramp things up," Yzerman said on locker cleanout day. "Tyler, as you know, is pretty quiet. He doesn't say a lot. He is very upbeat and positive. We expect him to be full steam ahead in September."

Bertuzzi, a Sudbury, Ont., native, is again heading towards RFA status at the end of this month. Again, he is arbitration-eligible. How much can he command coming off a down year in which he played nine games and scored five goals?

• Like 1