The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks Interested in Tyler Bertuzzi

10 minutes ago, R3aL said:

What would it take and why would they want to trade him? Top line winger with grit who’s young!?

would allow miller to play C and put bertuzzi  with petey

and god would it be nice to Bert on a jersey again 

RFA @ 3.5 mil.  26 and coming off major back surgery.  

9 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

Trade the Twins? 

We're going to trade $14 Million in cap and some team is going to pay us to take them. How the hell do you expect anyone to PAY to take two older players past their prime for ONE cup run? That's the only way it can be done, we wouldn't be able to trade them to a contending team with an extra year on their deal. How does a contending team accommodate $14 Million USD? What's the GM going to do? Wait for their contracts to expire? Because that's exactly what Benning did and the Sedins were at least top six forwards even in their last season. The only way we would've been able to trade the Twins is to a team with a bunch of cap space and we wouldn't get enough back to make it reasonable at all. Plus the twins were needed to entertain the fans and groom the young players. Think through these ruminations because some of them are silly. 

It was a theoretical question, if Yzerman is our GM - relax. I get it and your (somewhat) overreaction just proves my point that there was no chance that JB was even allowed to consider trading the twins; and I agree the contract alone would make any trade prohibitive or impossible.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

9 hours ago, Trebreh said:

This would great, one more skilled pker and he would push Pearson down to the 3rd line to mentor Podz. 

Miller - Petersson - Boeser

Bertuzzi - Horvat - Hoglander

Pearson - ???? - Podkolzin

Motte - Graovac - MacEwen

I don't think that is how mentoring works

Its not "Pearson, you're on the 2nd line, don't mentor Podz, now your on the 3rd line mentor Podz"

3 minutes ago, 2009cupchamps said:

Ok you proved me wrong Rathbone is a huge defence man. He’s small for NHL standards. We all ready have one of those in the lineup can’t afford to have anymore 

I’d agree with this. If we plan to ever go far in playoffs, we need size on the back end. Time and time again, the Playoffs demonstrate the need for it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

It was a theoretical question, if Yzerman is our GM - relax. I get it and your (somewhat) overreaction just proves my point that there was no chance that JB was even allowed to consider trading the twins; and I agree the contract alone would make any trade prohibitive or impossible.

Jim Signed the NMC contracts that made the Sedins untradable

Just for the sake of arguement, what if Jim or Steve (in my fantacy world) didn't re-sign the Sedins,

where would we be now?

• RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I would have loved to see him try. Because in the end the Twins probably would say "What part of no movement clause do you not understand?"

Forgot about GIllis' tendency to hand these out - good point.   My question was theoretical and it was based on what Yzerman tends to do when he is evaluating a roster - a real full rebuild, just look at what he is doing in Detroit by selling of (young assets) that are eating up a good portion of there cap.

34 minutes ago, 2009cupchamps said:

I wish everyone would stop including Joulevi in every trade then pencil Rathbone in his place. Rathbone is a talented offensive Defence man but he is smaller then Hughes. We can’t have a defence that can’t play defence and can’t handle the rigours of the playoffs. Joulevi will have greater long term value for the organization then Rathbone. Since Joulevi recovered from his injuries has progressed really well. I would include Rathbone over Joulevi in these trade proposals. 

I’m not so confident about that but I respect your opinion.

He's on my wish list.  

Curious when he had his surgery?  It would be tough to acquire a staple piece like this but not have him at 100 percent (including a full off season to train/not rehab). 

With him you've got some good skating big boys on your wings.  Adding him and Podz to a line up next season would be nice.  Along with Miller, Pearson, Hoagie, Motte, MacEwan all doing their thing that seems like a fun group to watch.

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

I’d agree with this. If we plan to ever go far in playoffs, we need size on the back end. Time and time again, the Playoffs demonstrate the need for it.

Oh no, the Canuck fans way is not to ever follow the trend

Big Mobile defense is just a trend, when the goal posts get shifted

Vancouver will be well suited with 6 tiny D

You watch, we'll be ahead of the curve!!!

7 minutes ago, 2009cupchamps said:

Ok you proved me wrong Rathbone is a huge defence man. He’s small for NHL standards. We all ready have one of those in the lineup can’t afford to have anymore 

I think we have room for two.  Rathbone plays big for his size and would be a great offensive weapon on the 2nd PP.  He is good defensively as well.  I agree at most we should only have the two though.  I'm in favour of trading Schmidt and getting more beef on the back end.

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

RFA @ 3.5 mil.  26 and coming off major back surgery.  

This could be just a rumor started by the team because he’s eligible for arbitration again. After settling last year before getting  to arbitration Stevie Y might be sending a message that TB better come to an agreement if he wants to stay in Detroit.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Quinn Hughes - 5'10" 170

Jack Rathbone - 5'11" 190

giphy (9).gif

Just wanted to add to the point you helped me make. Tampa defence this year

Victor Hedman.         6-6.    223

Erik Cernak.               6-3.   233

Ryan McDonagh.       6-1.   215

Luke Schenn.             6-3.   229

Mickhail Sergachev.   6-3.   215

Jan Rutta.                   6-3.   200

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2009cupchamps said:

Just wanted to add to the point you helped me make. Tampa defence this year

Victor Hedman.         6-6.    223

Erik Cernak.               6-3.   233

Ryan McDonagh.       6-1.   215

Luke Schenn.             6-3.   229

Mickhail Sergachev.   6-3.   215

Jan Rutta.                   6-3.   200

nothing but a trend

Don't fall for it

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think we have room for two.  Rathbone plays big for his size and would be a great offensive weapon on the 2nd PP.  He is good defensively as well.  I agree at most we should only have the two though.  I'm in favour of trading Schmidt and getting more beef on the back end.

I don’t disagree that Rathbone is talented. He and Quinn both play the left side. If they played opposite sides then you could potentially protect them. You can’t when 2/3 of your left defence is going to be targeted every shift.