The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks Interested in Tyler Bertuzzi

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Well they’re not gettin that much. Washington overpaid big time.

They can have a couple 2nds and Juolevi then.

Doesn’t he have back issues?  He just underwent back surgery lately.  I’d be wary of giving up any assets to acquire damaged goods.  Back injuries tend to stay with you.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

7 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yzerman, really doing a full rebuild by selling expensive & young assets (even the young Larkin), while he builds his (own) young core; and saving his cap to add when his core is ready.  Ballsy but he is able to sell his plan to the owners & (to a lesser) the fan.

Something to ponder: if Yzerman, was our GM - would he had traded the Twins ?   My guess: Yes.

So Stevie gets to just ignore NTC and trade who he wanrts?

No wonder every one thinks he's a great g.m.

35 minutes ago, Pears said:

So with this logic we shouldn’t trade for or sign any player who just got injured? That’s a pretty naive point of view Alf. Bertuzzi would be a great acquisition. 

A back injury, requiring surgery is not like a broken arm.

Has Alex Edler ever been the same level of player since his back trouble?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Detroit only has like 10 players signed going into next year?? Could easily take on some cap.

Friedman (a more reliable source IMO) is stating Toronto has some interest in him too

If Canucks do get involved I wanna see our RHD from Richmond coming back too. Let's goo

36 minutes ago, Pears said:

So with this logic we shouldn’t trade for or sign any player who just got injured? That’s a pretty naive point of view Alf. Bertuzzi would be a great acquisition. 

Depends on the injury, the surgery required, and the player.  Mini Bert needs to play a very aggressive and physical game to be effective.  He just had back surgery.  I’d be happy if we traded for him, but not for more than Jake.  

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

So Stevie gets to just ignore NTC and trade who he wanrts?

No wonder every one thinks he's a great g.m.

A back injury, requiring surgery is not like a broken arm.

Has Alex Edler ever been the same level of player since his back trouble?

Brock boeser seems better after his injury. Not all injuries or players are the same. Anything not involving our first or young guns is worth the squeeze imo.

• Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

I doubt so many teams would be in on him if his back issues seemed really bad.

These are rumours teams are interested.  Likely teams are checking in to see the ask to acquire, but that’s as far as it goes.  Also, Stevie Y is trying to create a market, so he is floating stuff. 

• Upvote 1

7. Don’t know if it still works, but Toronto liked Tyler Bertuzzi this season — moving elsewhere when it became obvious he wasn’t going to be healthy. Barring a major change, Zach Hyman won’t be back with the Maple Leafs, a big loss for them. It’s expected Detroit will be among his pursuers, although the Red Wings won’t be the only ones.

^ Elliott Friedman

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/31-thoughts-nhls-olympic-participation-stands-off-season-begins/

4 minutes ago, Pears said:

Not all injuries are the same (especially concussions). I think Boeser came back pretty ok from his injury issues. 

Different injury, and a completely different type of player.  

Yzerman is clearly floating rumours to create a market fir his damaged goods.  

Jake for Smurf Bert is fair value.  

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Different injury, and a completely different type of player.  

Yzerman is clearly floating rumours to create a market fir his damaged goods.  

Jake for Smurf Bert is fair value.  

Fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion. Even if it's wrong lol

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

Starting to really dislike when they do this. Some idiot decides to start a rumour and suddenly the Canucks might get Bertuzzi. Please.  This is Benning were talking about here. Can't even re-sign players that are already here. 

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 2

32 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Brock boeser seems better after his injury. Not all injuries or players are the same. Anything not involving our first or young guns is worth the squeeze imo.

So far between the two players mentioned, Boeser and Edler, 50 % of them have been 100% since their injury.

Small sample size for sure, however I'm not big on tradeing for a 50/50  risk player at a $5 mill per cap hit.

If the guy's name wasn't Bertuzzi, I'd say half of the support for this idea vanishes.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

buying out Jake gets us 1/2 way into TB's next deal, so I don't think cap is an issue for us, but the right cost.... thats tough. 

I don't think anyone's going to (or should) consider a top 20 1st. So thats out. 

2nd and home town boy Lockwood? 

I'd be trying to do a deal around Juolevi, if Stevie would bite on that we could do another deal for a RHD pre-expansion. 

• Like 1