The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Farm team name, brand and logo reveal

-SN-

Official announcement:

cut.jpg

Vancouver, BC
 - The Vancouver Canucks announced today that the club's American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate will be called the Abbotsford Canucks and will feature "Johnny Canuck" as the primary logo. Fans can see full details at abbotsford.canucks.com and on the Abbotsford Canucks social channels which launched today. 

"We're thrilled to unveil Abbotsford's new AHL brand," said Francesco Aquilini, Chairman, Canucks Sports & Entertainment. "The Abbotsford Canucks will be an extension of our history, and a new identity for fans in the Fraser Valley to embrace. Today marks an important milestone. It brings us a big step closer to puck drop in the fall and an exciting inaugural season."  

"The Abbotsford Canucks' brand reflects the long history, local connection and new opportunities that this team brings to our community," said City of Abbotsford Mayor, Henry Braun. "I am looking forward to joining all of the fans in cheering on our new hometown team." 

The Johnny Canuck logo has been part of the fabric of Vancouver Canucks history. The design elements maintain a strong connection to the past while forging a new beginning in Abbotsford.  

The team's colours are Field Green, Pacific Blue, Fraser Blue, Valley Fog Grey and Mountain White, representing the area that the Abbotsford Canucks will proudly play for. The dark jersey is primarily Field Green, while the light jersey is Mountain White. Details in the jersey's sleeve stripes form the letter "A" to represent Abbotsford. 

Six other AHL teams share names and similar brands with their NHL counterpart including the Bridgeport Islanders (New York), Providence Bruins (Boston), Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (Pittsburgh), Belleville Senators (Ottawa), Iowa Wild (Minnesota) and the Texas Stars (Dallas). 

Fans can sign up for the latest information or get to the front of the line for the 2021-22 season with a $25 deposit and priority access to tickets at abbotsford.canucks.com.  

Abbotsford Canucks jerseys and other merchandise is for sale now at Vanbase.ca. 

The Abbotsford Canucks will begin the 2021-22 AHL season in October. 

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/canucks-ahls-newest-franchise-named-abbotsford-canucks/c-325647828

Just now, Wayne Glensky said:

Ownership trying to save a buck. 

The logo and jersey are great. The name is pretty standard for a farm club. Its the fact that they couldn't even get it revealed properly when they were using an existing name and logo.

I don't mind them being the Canucks. It brings a real connection to the NHL club, and the fact they're so close now. I'll definitely be following the farm team a lot closer. Imagine having to call up a player and they just drive down. lol  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, McBackup said:

The logo and jersey are great. The name is pretty standard for a farm club. Its the fact that they couldn't even get it revealed properly when they were using an existing name and logo.

Just goes to show how understaffed and mismanaged the club is. 

31 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I like how it’s an upside down V to look like an A

Yep, quite cool.

27 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I don't mind them being the Canucks. It brings a real connection to the NHL club, and the fact they're so close now. I'll definitely be following the farm team a lot closer. Imagine having to call up a player and they just drive down. lol  

Yeah, this is really just following proven market strategies I think. I think it does develop a bond and probably gives the players a far better sense of being part of the Canucks themselves. I did prefer Aviators though but this is great, we're off and running. Now I don't know how this works but would there away jersey be a different design or just an alternate color scheme?

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Yep, quite cool.

Yeah, this is really just following proven market strategies I think. I think it does develop a bond and probably gives the players a far better sense of being part of the Canucks themselves. I did prefer Aviators though but his is great, we're off and running. Now I don't know how this works but would there away jersey be a different design or just an alternate color scheme?

Away jersey looks to be a white one. There's a post earlier on that shows it. 

• Cheers 1