The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Farm team name, brand and logo reveal

-SN-

26 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

https://abbotsford.canucks.com/

Official link to their page now

JOHNNY IS BACK

Like our great city, Johnny is a force of nature. He is a product of the natural environment that surrounds us, from rugged mountains to vast and open green as far as the eye can see. He is strong and determined. He is relentless, powerful and gritty – and ready to take the league by storm.  

He lives life just as he plays hockey – with passion and edge. He is as authentic as you will ever find, representing the unstoppable nature of the Fraser Valley. Even though on the surface he seems calm, Johnny is ready at any minute to do whatever he has to do to defend his home and stand up for his team. He also knows how to kick back and celebrate when the jobs been done, and is known to crush a cold one with friends from time to time.

Lol, Awesome:canucks: :towel::canucks:

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Have to keep in mind too, this is an AHL team. Getting upset about the name or jersey design seems kind of silly - the Canucks AHL team is finally in BC!  I always thought using Utica made zero sense.   

Not having to charter an hours long flight will be a great thing for prospects getting called up. Hell, it'll be a 20 minute flight.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Have to keep in mind too, this is an AHL team. Getting upset about the name or jersey design seems kind of silly - the Canucks AHL team is finally in BC!  I always thought using Utica made zero sense.   

Yeah, I think the negative comments on here are pretty unwarranted. I mean we just got got our official AHL team in the Valley, hours from Van, and god forbid it's called the Canucks. Do we hate the name Canucks now too? I mean calling ourselves the Rig Hands, or Burning Embers would have been slightly worse I guess.

For crying out loud can't some people just enjoy something for once? This is a good day, a reason to be happy. :lol:

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not having to charter an hours long flight will be a great thing for prospects getting called up. Hell, it'll be a 20 minute flight.

8 minutes on a kawasaki ninja

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

If they were going to use the Johnny Canuck logo, why not The Abbotsford Axe! 

Something.  The creative void in this club runs from figuring out how to find creative ways to get out of big mistakes on the big club, all the way down to the name of their junior team.

Every time you are talking to anyone about either team, you'll have to remember to preface the City first.  Kind of annoying. If you turn on the radio and they are talking about the Canucks, you'll have to listen for a bit just to find out which team.  Not the biggest deal,  its just reflective of the big club in that it seems they just ..."ran out of time" and had to name them something.  Meh...its fine.

Go Canucks and Canucks Go!

:frantic:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

From Abbotsford to downtown Vancouver? You insane, bruh!

well I DID go from Kamloops to Maple Ridge in 2 1/2 hrs BEFORE the Coquihalla was around.

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

If they were going to use the Johnny Canuck logo, why not The Abbotsford Axe! 

Something.  The creative void in this club runs from figuring out how to find creative ways to get out of big mistakes on the big club, all the way down to the name of their junior team.

Every time you are talking to anyone about either team, you'll have to remember to preface the City first.  Kind of annoying. If you turn on the radio and they are talking about the Canucks, you'll have to listen for a bit just to find out which team.  Not the biggest deal,  its just reflective of the big club in that it seems they just ..."ran out of time" and had to name them something.  Meh...its fine.

Go Canucks and Canucks Go!

:frantic:

The Axe would have been a great name actually, and would perfectly tie in to Johnny Canuck's favored murder weapon of choice. 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Fraser Blue? Mountain White? Valley Fog Grey? I had no idea such colors existed. I may have to repaint my entire house. 

Yeah  -  need to get the nuances right.  Subtle difference between Valley Fog Grey and Squamish Fog Grey.  One is more ...... greyish, maybe?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I like that certain NHL teams still in some way keep the name in brand but some rendition of it

Calgary Flames = Stockton Heat

Vegas Golden Knights = Henderson Silver Knights

San Jose Sharks = San Jose Barracuda

I wonder what way perhaps the Canucks could still stay on brand with "Canucks" but make it a little nuanced or different

Canadians...hmmm...maybe not.

• Cheers 1