The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Maple Leafs looking to trade Zach Hyman’s rights; Canucks interested

4 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Yes...

The Nugkins deal.

Git er done and be spinning in the oil slick for almost the next decade.

Anybody have thoughts on what the trade aspect would be if he’s going back to TOR?  Maybe a Nylander or Reilly?
TOR gonna have to move out cap?

On 7/18/2021 at 7:42 PM, KKnight said:

Yeah I hear ya, but I really think Loui is unmovable. Roussel imo is our best shot to relieve some cap space and gain a highly skilled forward, while sacrificing our 9oa pick. But, if we have a chance at Brandt Clarke, no way in hell we should deal it. 

No sir. His contract could be moved for a 2nd round pick, give or take. That would be a deal that’s almost sweeter for a team than what the Ladd deal was.

Holtby will be moved. If there is more than a few teams interested we might not retain salary but have a lesser return.

Jake bought out. 

Eriksson will be buried, and Rooster might be too.

We will have cap space. 

Besides the Luongo ReCap, everything is movable with a price. 

I myself wouldn’t mind sacrificing a few draft picks one year as an EXCEPTION. Benning adores them, and it might be hard for him to part with them.

Cheers! 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Am I missing something here; Hyman has never been a minus guy?

E43D02F1-E81E-4E19-8961-94B49BEA5C51.jpeg

I think Hyman's a legitimately good middle 6, complimentary top 6 player.  +/- isn't a great stat but in Hyman's case I think it does highlight his overall solid play.  Hyman's offensive numbers might be slightly inflated given who he played with (e.g. Marner, Matthews) but it often seems like he helps add to his linemates rather than is carried by them.

I have absolutely no problem with the Canucks signing Hyman as far as his ability to help the team with his play.  Where the problem immediately emerges is $ and term.  As a UFA, he's probably going to ask for too much and for too long.  Unless Hyman loves Vancouver or something and is willing to leave a lot of money and years on the table, I can't see a fit.

Edited by EternalCanuckFan
  • Cheers 4

27 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

I myself wouldn’t mind sacrificing a few draft picks one year as an EXCEPTION. Benning adores them, and it might be hard for him to part with them.

This made me laugh, our current GM has loved to trade picks away his entire tenure here...all while rebuilding too apparently!

• RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

This made me laugh, our current GM has loved to trade picks away his entire tenure here...all while rebuilding too apparently!

The same GM that picked Boeser, Pettersson, Podz and Hoglander in the same draft, etc?

Or are you talking about that awful, awful, god awful JT Miller trade? 

Or the 3rd he just threw away for nothing recently? Dickinson is trash right? 

/s

Cmon man. It’s not like he’s traded every 1st round pick every year during his tenure. 

ryan reynolds eye roll GIF

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Oh man.  If this is true, not only did they sign him to a ridiculous contract, they're giving up assets to do so!  For all our complaining around here I'm glad we're not the Oilers.  McDavid and Dra and still nowhere near a championship caliber team.

Something tells me there is a major move being attempted or in the works with EDM. There is no way McD or LD can be happy with this off-season so far so maybe some major pieces are still to come?

This potential Hyman sign and trade back to TOR makes me wonder if there’s a top F coming back as part of a larger package deal from both sides 

1 hour ago, Johnny Torts said:

The same GM that picked Boeser, Pettersson, Podz and Hoglander in the same draft, etc?

Or are you talking about that awful, awful, god awful JT Miller trade? 

Or the 3rd he just threw away for nothing recently? Dickinson is trash right? 

/s

Cmon man. It’s not like he’s traded every 1st round pick every year during his tenure. 

ryan reynolds eye roll GIF

Did I reference any of what you posted...Nope!

So I won't get into it as I am not bashing every move, just stating a fact about his trading away of picks almost every year throughout his 7 years of rebuilding this team

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Did I reference any of what you posted...Nope!

So I won't get into it as I am not bashing every move, just stating a fact about his trading away of picks almost every year throughout his 7 years of rebuilding this team

For an asset. He’s not dumping cap year after year, if we want to stay relevant. 

• RoughGame 1

17 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Edmonton could just wait a week and not give up any assets but i guess giving hyman that extra year in the deal is really important for them lmao

With the deals that are going around so far Im kinda worried what Benning would do if he clears cap space.

This does not seem like a good offseason to spend when guys like Hyman are getting 8 years. 

Edited by DeNiro

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

With the deals that are going around so far Im kinda worried what Benning would do if he clears cap space.

This does not seem like a good offseason to spend when guys like Hyman are getting 8 years. 

Maybe he wants to clear space to sign dougie hamilton

20 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Edmonton could just wait a week and not give up any assets but i guess giving hyman that extra year in the deal is really important for them lmao

I wonder what the the price would be from EDM to sign and trade. What will they give up for that extra year?

(Not that I think it’s worth it)