The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Maple Leafs looking to trade Zach Hyman’s rights; Canucks interested

5 minutes ago, IRR said:

I see you had to get up early to take another shot at Benning before anything has even happened! Unreal!!

It’s a 24 hr a day job. Luckily he provides lots of material to work with. 
I think Benning has been working the phones hard. The silly Boeser rumours have re-emerged, more Schmidt rumours going around and his name appears with every potential trade candidate. He is doing his job calling everyone but his hands are still fairly tied (thank goodness) by previous mistakes. 

• Cheers 1

Zach Hyman. 3.5 mil for four years. No more. 

This is a guy who didn't make the NHL until he was 24.  Protect Lind because he could be on a similar path. Trading away McCann left a hole . Jim makes moves to fill one hole just to create another. This is because we do not have enough depth yet ,at any position. We are a few more drafts away. 

If they move Boeser for a D man then we will need a winger. Actually we need more wingers now.

Forget the playoffs unless it happens organically. Slow down and make smart deals. This club is on the right path.

Edited by appleboy
  • Cheers 1

There is no way the Canucks are interested in Hyman at the price and term that he's expecting, so a hard pass says JB. We already have a lower end Hyman in Motte, and a more skilled version of Hyman in Podkolzin. So no thanks.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Well if anything we would definitely be a playoff team if we added hyman lmao

I wonder if they’re wanting to get another top 6 forward in order to have Miller as 3rd C. It would make for a killer too 9 if that’s the case but I don’t know how JB plans on making that cap work. 

2 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Well if anything we would definitely be a playoff team if we added hyman lmao

Dickinson and Hyman would certainly take some pressure off our d. 

If Jim can unload Holtby to Boston for a bag of pucks thats most of the way to signing Hyman. 

9 hours ago, combover said:

Having mismanaged and being just plain terrible with cap for so long is actually saving us (again) from new JB screw ups.

I guess we should thank LE for not retiring.

I can’t compute more idiot into this equation. 

Too much idiot.

20 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Dickinson and Hyman would certainly take some pressure off our d. 

If Jim can unload Holtby to Boston for a bag of pucks thats most of the way to signing Hyman. 

Man if we can unload schmidt and erikkson somehow we could really be in on larsson and maybe even saad