The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Dickinson | #18 | C

-AJ-

14 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Not impressed by him at all, but i could understand he is in pre season mode without fighting for a spot.
I just don't like his lack of hustle, he seems passive. 

and please, you are a hockey player, not a woke activist. 

It sounds like you're in the shut up and play crowd. Why can't a hockey player have and express their opinions about social justice? Should we tell you to shut up about hockey and go back to flipping burgers or whatever you do? No, people should be allowed to express their opinions and use their platform to do so. You don't have to agree with them but you should show some respect.

6 hours ago, audiodave said:

It sounds like you're in the shut up and play crowd. Why can't a hockey player have and express their opinions about social justice? Should we tell you to shut up about hockey and go back to flipping burgers or whatever you do? No, people should be allowed to express their opinions and use their platform to do so. You don't have to agree with them but you should show some respect.

Agreed.

I probably disagree with a lot of Dickinson's feelings, but I'm glad he feels free to share what he believes. Just as I was glad that David Booth felt free to share his beliefs, I'm glad that Dickinson does too.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, gurn said:

This place.

Poster- " Just play hockey, don't be an activist'

Me- " why does a poster post his opinion, that somebody else should not have an opinion, and not get the irony?":picard:

You absolutly don t know which activitism i support, i may have the same opinion as him, share some or not.

Thats what i mean. Its about neutrality and not be out of your skill domain. 

Edited by deus.ex.makina

9 hours ago, audiodave said:

Funny, when Hamonic expressed his opinion (or even worse, what you think he may have say) i don’t see any form of your so called respect. Its just about the right and only pre validated opinions that you want me to show some respect.

Its just like actors who spread their fake moral, the guy follow absolutly all the authorized narrative its scary. 

I may return at flipping my burger, i guess you guys prefer flipping books above fire and taking down statues. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, deus.ex.makina said:

You absolutly don t know which activitism i support, i may have the same opinion as him, share some or not.

Why do you care if he speaks outbon issies or not?  It makes no impact on your life whatsoever.

2 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Excellent, then we can look forward to your absence on these forums, as hockey is not your skill domain?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 5:15 PM, gurn said:

Excellent, then we can look forward to your absence on these forums, as hockey is not your skill domain?

actually it's my skill domain as i'm a hockey coach in France.
and without surprise, as i said, Dickinson should focusing on his duty on ice first, he's absolutly garbage and should be benched.

15 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

and without surprise, as i said, Dickinson should focusing on his duty on ice first, he's absolutly garbage and should be benched.

If hockey was your skill domain, you would be coaching in the NHL, where the player you have a problem with earns his living.

And why do you think a hockey coach in France should take a social justice stance against a hockey player in Canada having a social justice stance? Irony much?

Edited by gurn
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

If you are a coach, then give actual helpful information rather than just saying "he's absolutely garbage". All this really tells me is you need to use the title of coach to compensate for things you don't have, such as actual hockey information.

Just putting on a t-shirt that says your a coach doesn't make you knowledgable about the NHL or hockey in general.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Lock said:

If you are a coach, then give actual helpful information rather than just saying "he's absolutely garbage". All this really tells me is you need to use the title of coach to compensate for things you don't have, such as actual hockey information.

Just putting on a t-shirt that says your a coach doesn't make you knowledgable about the NHL or hockey in general.

oh man...pointless and failed behaviorism study attempt's and completely off-topic. you guys have way too much time to overthink. in France, we can call this "intellectual handjob".
i let you have the last word, i already said what i want to say, so we can switch to our beloved Canucks, which are why we are all here.

what about recall Petan and give him the 3C instead of that garba... hum less efficiency Dickinson ?  

i would like to see that lineup :

Miller Petey Boeser

Hoglander Horvat Garland

Pearson Petan Podkolzin

Highmore Lammikko Chiasson 

Edited by deus.ex.makina
  • Wat 1

2 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

oh man...pointless and failed behaviorism study attempt's and completely off-topic. you guys have way too much time to overthink. in France, we can call this "intellectual handjob".

Not sure anyone here cares what ridiculous saying you have in france. France isn't exactly a "power house" hockey country so having a critique from there doesn't mean much.

Actual hockey people in Canada, the strongest hockey country in the world and way way way way ahead of france, say Dickinson is a very good defensive centre. I will go with there thoughts on the matter. We can give him some games to learn systems and gel with the team. 

Petan was not picked up by any team in waivers but, yeah, he is better. lol. 

20 minutes ago, Canuck Luck said:

Not sure anyone here cares what ridiculous saying you have in france. France isn't exactly a "power house" hockey country so having a critique from there doesn't mean much.

Actual hockey people in Canada, the strongest hockey country in the world and way way way way ahead of france, say Dickinson is a very good defensive centre. I will go with there thoughts on the matter. We can give him some games to learn systems and gel with the team. 

Petan was not picked up by any team in waivers but, yeah, he is better. lol. 

fair enough, you guys have the better players in world, no point. 
But don't think the game of hockey itself is a dark ; secret ; inaccessible ; overcomplex and unpedagogic material.  
if you think so, don't forget there is a penalty in this game for the team that can't count up to 5 guys... This game can be learnt,understood and teached.
And the strongest hockey country in world has played your 3C 10mn last game.  

12 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

i let you have the last word, i already said what i want to say, so we can switch to our beloved Canucks, which are why we are all here.

It's about wanting you to back up what you are saying. I don't care if you are a coach or not. What I do care about is you having facts and logic to back up not liking Dickenson.

You being a coach does not exclude you from having to do this to prove a point. If you have the extra hockey knowledge then show it, because you have yet to actually do so. I'm not just going to take your word that Dickenson is somehow magically bad just because you said so.

Edited by The Lock

I'm a little surprised how negative people are being about Dickinson. It has been 4 games so far, it sounds like he was loved by his teammates and fans in Dallas and he played excellent defensive hockey. 

Shouldn't we chill a bit and give him some more time to gel with a new team? 

• Upvote 1

Considering he's new to the organization, and still getting to know the team itself, I think he's been fine. Obviously he's got more to give, but I could say that about a number of our other players right now too. 

Clearly he was effective in Dallas, I think he can be effective here too. Time will tell whether it's a player issue, a team issue, a coaching staff issue, or some combination thereof. 

Edited by Coconuts

47 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

I'm a little surprised how negative people are being about Dickinson. It has been 4 games so far, it sounds like he was loved by his teammates and fans in Dallas and he played excellent defensive hockey. 

Most of the peeps making comments in this thread are quite positive about Dickinson.  The only hater is the Parisian that claims he is a hockey coach.

2 hours ago, Bobby James said:

Exactly this. We need to learn to give players an actual chance to show who they are over time. So far he hasn't been given that yet.

He's a player I was surprised we managed to get. I liked Dickenson before he was here and 4 regular season games here isn't going to change what I think.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, The Lock said:

It's about wanting you to back up what you are saying. I don't care if you are a coach or not. What I do care about is you having facts and logic to back up not liking Dickenson.

You being a coach does not exclude you from having to do this to prove a point. If you have the extra hockey knowledge then show it, because you have yet to actually do so. I'm not just going to take your word that Dickenson is somehow magically bad just because you said so.

i guess you should re read the topic, i never said "listen, i'm a hockey coach and i say Dickinson is crap, so listen to me", i was refering to my hockey knowledge as a hockey coach ONLY to answer a guy who said i'm not allowed to respond if i have not any knowledges.
i'm on this board since so many years, its the first time i tell anyone i'm a hockey coach in my real life. 

look, i'm more a Vancouver fan than a Dickinson "hater". i even think he played good againt CHI, even though it was more Highmore who played abslolutly great, and set up perfect opportunities.
i wish him (Dickinson) to gain confidence and play to his level, because we need a really good 3C. if its him then good, if its someone else, i don't care that much, i only want a winning team. i support the Canucks since the 1993-94 run, and its about time.     

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

i guess you should re read the topic, i never said "listen, i'm a hockey coach and i say Dickinson is crap, so listen to me", i was refering to my hockey knowledge as a hockey coach ONLY to answer a guy who said i'm not allowed to respond if i have not any knowledges.
i'm on this board since so many years, its the first time i tell anyone i'm a hockey coach in my real life. 

look, i'm more a Vancouver fan than a Dickinson "hater". i even think he played good againt CHI, even though it was more Highmore who played abslolutly great, and set up perfect opportunities.
i wish him (Dickinson) to gain confidence and play to his level, because we need a really good 3C. if its him then good, if its someone else, i don't care that much, i only want a winning team. i support the Canucks since the 1993-94 run, and its about time.     

I just rather see people show their hockey knowledge rather than just state they are a coach. Your response to him came off as arrogant. I'm not asking for much dude. lol

If you don't generally use the premise of coach to "one up" that's great, and hopefully you see where I'm coming from with this as a result of not generally using it.

Edited by The Lock
  • Vintage 1