The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Dickinson | #18 | C

-AJ-

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Unfortunate about the events leading to Rypien, but if true, Gillis deserves some credit for recognizing that Rypien needed help. I'm sure it must have been gut-wrenching to his teammates, including Burrows, that their friend was suffering so much. For all the faults Gillis had as a manager, I think he really cared about his players/clients.

Gillis had been a players agent and was extremely protective of his roster. You my recall depite the prominent role Malhotra played for Vcr Gillis was concerned abot continuing to play with hsi eye damage

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Dickinson will be the third line centre. There's no way he's on the fourth line. Doesn't make sense. He's their third line guy. 

Our top nine looks really good. 

It's the defense that has me a tad concerned. 

Agreed, though I think he'll need to work on faceoffs if he wants to become our key defensive zone faceoff guy.

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Agreed, though I think he'll need to work on faceoffs if he wants to become our key defensive zone faceoff guy.

I'm hoping he turns out to be a modern day Malhotra, unfortunately his F/O stats are not the best but from what e're told he is a defence proud player

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I think they’re as bad as Gaudette’s was ( ie., awful).  In his defense, he was used much more as a winger on his former team so  it’s a small sample size (faceoffs) which can skew the results.

29 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I think they’re as bad as Gaudette’s was ( ie., awful).  In his defense, he was used much more as a winger on his former team so  it’s a small sample size (faceoffs) which can skew the results.

I looked up last season stats and Dickinson took 296 face-offs 46.3% vs Gaudette 124 face-offs 42.7%. And a lot of that was against other teams top lines. He is much better than Gaudette at face-offs.

Edited by Playoff Beered
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

I looked up last season stats and Dickinson took 296 face-offs 46.3% vs Gaudette 124 face-offs 42.7%. And a lot of that was against other teams top lines. He is much better than Gaudette at face-offs.

Point being that he's not that much better in faceoffs than a guy Seattle didn't even want for free.  Again, though, neither took that many faceoffs (so numbers can be skewed as a result).

On 9/13/2021 at 12:58 PM, Playoff Beered said:

Where would that place him on the Canucks last season at 46.3 percent?