The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Schmidt and 9OA for Tkachuk or Reinhart

3 minutes ago, Michael P said:

While I`m asking why is it called the lotto line?

6-40-9. 

6=Boeser

40=Pettersson

9=Miler

In BC, we have something called the Lotto 649 which is a lottery (ie buy a ticket and get a chance of winning a million dollars).   

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I would do 9OA for Reinhart, 9OA + Schmidt for Tkachuk or I'd walk away.

Definitely the Tkachuk idea since we’dbring in a younger asset that would be more aligned with our needs (skilled physical presence on our top 6), while also making it fit cap wise since Schmidt would be going the other way.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, sonoman said:

Way more than using it to bring in pukechuk 

I get that people might not like Tkachuk, but how is he any different than Claude Lemieux, Brad Marchand, and even our own Alex Burrows?   All of these guys played cheap and dirty on regular occasions, but knew how to produce when it mattered most.  Tkachuk is exactly what this team needs in many respects.  He hits like a truck, scores goals, and is in the same age range as our core of Horvat, Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser, Podkolzin, Hoglander, and Demko.  Tkachuk was drafted 6OA but easily goes top 5 in a redraft.  Meanwhile, Olli Juolevi would be dressed up as Paris Hilton somewhere.  Outside of Matthews and McAvoy, Tkachuk might even go 3OA in that draft.  He had an awful season this past year, but the guy netted 34 goals the year before.  

• RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

edit - Hoglander removed from proposal. 

[proposal] Schmidt and 9OA for Tkachuk or Reinhart

I think if Calgary traded us Tkatcrap for the 9th and Nate then we grab that and run. Then flip the creep for 2 1sts :lol:

Thats too high a price for Sammy tho. The most I'd want to see for him is the 9th + Loui, and that would sting.

• Cheers 1

I don't want Tketchup on our team and I highly doubt that the Flames would do that trade.  You're the one drooling all over him, so you should know that he is worth more than Schmidt and 9OA. 

Now if the other brother was offered for that exchange, I would want JB to pull the trigger.  I don't think Ott does it though.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I don't want Tketchup on our team and I highly doubt that the Flames would do that trade.  You're the one drooling all over him, so you should know that he is worth more than Schmidt and 9OA. 

Now if the other brother was offered for that exchange, I would want JB to pull the trigger.  I don't think Ott does it though.

Well, in my defense, I *did* initially have Hoglander added into my package but got flamed! (Pun?)

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Even NHL21 would say 'lay off the glue' to this proposal. 

But why?  Does NHL 21’ think this deal favors Calgary too much?  I think 9OA + Schmidt for Matthew is pretty fair.   Flames aren’t going to get full value for MT because of

1) The season he had last season

2) Everyone in the league knows that Calgary is fielding offers on Tkachuk due to a lockerroom rift, and that he might not be the most popular guy in the room (and so those trading for Matt would be buying relatively low with the calculated risk that he learns from his mistakes).

4 hours ago, Michael P said:

I.know but lets say our prospect pool is owerloaded. What can we expct for  9 OA pick ?

No such thing as overloaded prospect pool.  Some picks will hit but most will miss.

6 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I would do 9OA for Reinhart, 9OA + Schmidt for Tkachuk or I'd walk away.

No way Scmidt and 9th overall for Tkachuk.....

Scmidt to Seattle  for MacDermid 27, 6'5 and 2nd rounder

Have 4.5 million try and sign UFA D man...

• Cheers 1

I mean, the Canucks would have a pretty dang good top 6 with that addition. But the D would have a huge hole left in it, and I would feel bad for Demko. 

But it would cost them more than that. Jerk or not, guy is a damn good hockey player. 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Michael P said:

Thanks for explaining it to me. 

So i`m wondering what you guy`s think a 9 OA pick is worth ? 

Corey Schneider at one point.    Who was a top five goalie for awhile anyways.   

What can a 9th overall get you in the draft?  Hamilton and Horvat...Trouba, Couture, Phanuef, Granlund, Leetch,Neely lol if you want to go way back ...  but 50/50 really a lot of cups of coffee too.   For every Brindamour there is a Brett Lindros. 

5 hours ago, wildcam said:

No way Scmidt and 9th overall for Tkachuk.....

Scmidt to Seattle  for MacDermid 27, 6'5 and 2nd rounder

Have 4.5 million try and sign UFA D man...

If we trade Schmidt who's going to replace him?   Teams have just lost their D's well 12 of them.   Not going to be easy to not overpay to get a UFA this year.     If we trade Schmidt it's almost certainly a tank move.  

6 hours ago, BPA said:

No such thing as overloaded prospect pool.  Some picks will hit but most will miss.

A quick glance at 1980 to 2013 when we picked Horvat, 11 total duds.    So roughly 2/3 we're hits.  Of those, two HHOFer and Rob Brind'Amour who actually had a decent case but probably will never get in either (still a great hockey player).    Cam Neely and Leetch.   Then a long list of names who played 300-800 ish plus games.   Edit:  From a scouts point of view in the 8-10 range a bust is anyone who doesn't play 300 game, without doing the math i'm guessing that's around the average.  

Edited by IBatch