The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blue Jackets trade Seth Jones, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 6th-round pick to Blackhawks for Adam Boqvist, 2021 1st-round pick, 2021 2nd-round pick, 2022 1st-round pick

1 minute ago, gizmo2337 said:

Jim's on the radio right now. Doesn't sound promising. "Would like to re-coup picks and make moves in the next 7-10 days."

Wakeup Jim, the draft is in an hour!

he's on cloud 9 right now cut him some slack lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

No way. Podz is going to be a beast. 

Agreed. I wouldn't have done Podz for Jones since Jones is a little older.  I probably would have done something around Podz for Dahlin prior to the OEL deal, but I'm happy with Podz being here.  I think our top 9 is going to be deadly this coming season.  

1 minute ago, Patel Bure said:

Agreed. I wouldn't have done Podz for Jones since Jones is a little older.  I probably would have done something around Podz for Dahlin prior to the OEL deal, but I'm happy with Podz being here.  I think our top 9 is going to be deadly this coming season.  

Dahlen is a different animal tho, he will be far better than Jones. I mean if he's ever set free from Buffalo. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

we basically took the Yotes 2nd best forward and OEL for a 1st, 2nd and a 7th. B)

Plus made them retain on OEL and eat 12 million in dead cap.

There were some posters on here that said it would take our 1st to get rid of LE's hit by itself :P

• Huggy Bear 1

Great move for Columbus. Well done. 9.5AAV for Jones get a life. 

Imagine if the Canucks did this. 

That’s practically Quinn Hughes and our 1st for Jones. Then signing him for 8 x 9.5. Think about it.

And there were people that actually didn’t like the OEL Garland move today lmao 

• Upvote 2

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Blue Jackets trade Seth Jones, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 6th-round pick to Blackhawks for Adam Boqvist, 2021 2nd-round pick, 2022 1st-round pick
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Blue Jackets trade Seth Jones, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 6th-round pick to Blackhawks for Adam Boqvist, 2021 1st-round pick, 2021 2nd-round pick, 2022 1st-round pick

Wow 

Chicago could very well miss the playoffs and be giving up a potential lottery ticket in the Shane Wright draft! 

16 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Wow 

Chicago could very well miss the playoffs and be giving up a potential lottery ticket in the Shane Wright draft! 

Its a Top 2 protected pick.  Slides to 2023 if it's a #1 or #2