The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 NHL Entry Draft

5 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Great to see Hank and Danny involved with our team.

Really liked hearing multiple scouts talking about what a player projects to be, not what they are now. 

Hearing one scout stating there is talent in later rounds is heartening, I believe that to. 

My question is who was Delorme talking about when he said, all I ever see him do, is shoot? I believe is was Harvey who said, I agree.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Goal:thecup said:

Allvin, in his intro, said we don't have a second round pick, but (something like) a lot of things could change before the draft.

Yes please, more 2nd round picks please.  More than zero anyway.

Judging by that & his comment on CTV trading down is looking like a real possibility

24 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

My question is who was Delorme talking about when he said, all I ever see him do, is shoot? I believe is was Harvey who said, I agree.

Geekie? maybe they seem him as a winger not a C.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Judging by that & his comment on CTV trading down is looking like a real possibility

We could trade down and collect a second rounder and move Garland for two seconds.  Coyotes have four of them, and Harland is now signed to a good contract.  I see Garland heading back there for two seconds.  

26 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

That’s when one would hope the management asks the analytics people to comment and use their data to either support of disprove the eye test of Delorme and Harvey.  

5 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

I like Chesley there are other guys I prefer at 15 but I tooted the Chez horn much of the year. I think there are a lot of qualities there to really complement a mobile offensive LD he's a guy we should absolutely target in the 25-35 range. I do think it's a rather safe bet he will be there in that range. 

Edited by hammertime

Did something I'm glad I did, a couple of months ago. I recorded the U-18 WC Gold medal game between USA and SWE. Those teams probably have 15 - 1st rounders in the game, so it's interesting to see how they play against the best competition.

One line that stands out so far:

Ohgren - Ostlund - Lekkerimaki

If the Canucks are taking the BPA at #15, I have a feeling they take Noah Ostlund. I'd actually be pleased with any of the three.

OSTLUND - Quick, shifty, very smart, good hands. Not the biggest player, but he will grow into a very good NHL player IMO

Edited by NUCKER67

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

I like Chesley there are other guys I prefer at 15 but I tooted the Chez horn much of the year. I think there are a lot of qualities there to really complement a mobile offensive LD he's a guy we should absolutely target in the 25-35 range. I do think it's a rather safe bet he will be there in that range. 

Yeah to be honest I get that he may be a reach, and there are definitely higher ceiling prospects out there at 15. I just don't like how that guy treated me.

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Yeah to be honest I get that he may be a reach, and there are definitely higher ceiling prospects out there at 15. I just don't like how that guy treated me.

Agreed I didn't feel it was nessicary at all.  

Grandma's and their Babies don't have Miroschnichenko at 2 either. 

We all got guys we like for our various own reasons.

Edited by hammertime
  • Cheers 1

Here's a player the Canucks might want to look at in the 2nd round.

Big Canadian kid... 6 foot 7 inch... currently 199 lbs, but projected to end up at 220-230.

Good acceleration and speed for such a big kid and a mean streak... needs work on his turns and gap control.

But you can't teach size and reach.

• Like 1

I'd sure take any of these 8 players - Wright, Slafkovsky, Kemell, Gauthier, Cooley, Nemec, Jiricek, Lekkerimaki - but I'll assume they're gone by #15

This is my Top 7:

1. Kasper

2. Korchinski

3. Mintyukov

4. McGroarty

5. Kulich

6. Geekie

7. Ohgren

10 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Yes, would pay good money to have been in that room.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, AngryElf said:

It’s a bucket-list item for sure. Being in pre-draft meetings and on the draft floor seems like so much fun for this nerd. 

If you come to Aus, as the GM of the CDCGML Detroit Redwings I can promise you a spot in our draft room.

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

I can see a team in our range picking centre Noah Ostlund. He's flown somewhat under the radar I feel. He's slight of frame and below average height, but he is an excellent skater, knows how to play a full 200-foot game, is a terrific playmaker, and from some highlights I've seen has some SICK dangles. He boasts good numbers in the playoffs and in international play. Total sleeper. Give him some time and I see him being a very good player one day.

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1