The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

3 hours ago, RomanP said:

You can never have too many power forwards. Klimovich is not penciled to make the Canucks this season. He might be called up for a game or two in case of injuries and his good play in Abby. My opinion is that in the long run Klimovich would be a replacement for someone like Pearson. Or imagine a line of Horvat/Podkolzin/Klimovich in the future. Or Petterson/Boeser/Klimovich. Assuming both Podz and Klim develop nicely.

Höglander   Pettersson   Boeser

Klimovich    Horvat          Podkolzin

Miller           Dickinson     Garland

Put the Swedes and the Russians together.  That could be the best top 9 in all of hockey...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

Bad move, imo.  Benning should try and facilitate a trade between the junior teams and get him into the Giants' organization, closer to Vancouver, where he can monitor progress more closely.  Might also give Klim the odd opportunity to hang out on an evening with his buddies Podz and Hoagie when both clubs are idle

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

4 hours ago, Googlie said:

Bad move, imo.  Benning should try and facilitate a trade between the junior teams and get him into the Giants' organization, closer to Vancouver, where he can monitor progress more closely.  Might also give Klim the odd opportunity to hang out on an evening with his buddies Podz and Hoagie when both clubs are idle

I feel like ever since we brought the Comets to Abby, we’ve been prioritizing proximity over everything. Closer isn’t always better. The Q has a pretty decent track record of producing offensive talent and I wouldn’t necessarily be opposed to him going there. 

6 minutes ago, guntrix said:

I feel like ever since we brought the Comets to Abby, we’ve been prioritizing proximity over everything. Closer isn’t always better. The Q has a pretty decent track record of producing offensive talent and I wouldn’t necessarily be opposed to him going there. 

Dating foreign lasses who speak yet another language, gives a young fellah CONFIDENCE! ..(uttered in the arrogant & clueless voice of them dino-scouts, from that Moneyball, potential-FA mtg scene! :^)

1 hour ago, guntrix said:

I would say that beyond skill, the other huge issue is language. Let the kid learn English rather than French now and then English later.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Dating foreign lasses who speak yet another language, gives a young fellah CONFIDENCE! ..(uttered in the arrogant & clueless voice of them dino-scouts, from that Moneyball, potential-FA mtg scene! :^)

Relax, the kid got a serious girlfriend, just look at his Instagram account ::D

On 10/9/2021 at 1:43 PM, Googlie said:

Assuming he stays.  Isn't Spencer Martin supposed to be Mikeys back up?  I thought they were trying to get an ECHL team for Silovs

From what I saw in exhibition, Silovs is more advanced than Martin and should be the backup in AHL and sharing time. I think about 70/30 split on games.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1