The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

23 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I hated when the team kept Virtanen up just to let him play 6 minutes on the 4th line every 3rd game. These kids that we want to develop need to be playing 17+ minutes a night on a top 6 and top PP. Klim isn’t getting that here so send him to the AHL I’d almost say if he can’t get that there then send him to the Q. Might be an unpopular opinion but I’d rather he be a superstar in that league really building up his offensive confidence and being tired from being leaned on to be the guy in every situation. Rather this kid get loads of playing time than having him play 10 or less minutes a night at 18 years old.

Klim can play in the A, and develop there.  For Jake it was either the NHL or Junior.  Considering Jake’s character, or obvious lack there of, it wouldn’t matter where he played.  He would still be a dough head.

Klim will develop wherever he plays.  He’s of high character.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Klim can play in the A, and develop there.  For Jake it was either the NHL or Junior.  Considering Jake’s character, or obvious lack there of, it wouldn’t matter where he played.  He would still be a dough head.

Klim will develop wherever he plays.  He’s of high character.  

I’m just as excited about Klim’s potential as the next guy but sometimes coaches like to stick with their vets. It’s what they know and who has played in the league before in these situations. If there’s a chance he isn’t in the top 6 which I would think there could be a scenario. A coach might put him behind other wingers like Petan, Gadjovich, Lockwood, Di Guiseppe and maybe even Chiasson if we sign him to a 2way deal.

1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

I’m just as excited about Klim’s potential as the next guy but sometimes coaches like to stick with their vets. It’s what they know and who has played in the league before in these situations. If there’s a chance he isn’t in the top 6 which I would think there could be a scenario. A coach might put him behind other wingers like Petan, Gadjovich, Lockwood, Di Guiseppe and maybe even Chiasson if we sign him to a 2way deal.

Couldn't hurt Klim to learn to play without the puck in a structured middle six role in Abbotsford.  He's going to develop because he has high character.  (unlike Jake)

50 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Couldn't hurt Klim to learn to play without the puck in a structured middle six role in Abbotsford.  He's going to develop because he has high character.  (unlike Jake)

That’s fair and that is probably the likely scenario being a middle 6 role in the AHL. I just see people saying have him stick with the NHL for a stint and scratch my head. That’s essentially saying waive Gadjovich and or MaCEwen just to give Klim a sheltered look then hope your guy didn’t get claimed and call him back up.

I like Button, but having seen Dan with my own eyes in training camp I think he should be in the AHL. Close to Van and it’s coaches, his buddies Podz and Hogs, and he will be in a much better environment to learn English. Plus, he’s already shown he can play against men no problem.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

I like Button, but having seen Dan with my own eyes in training camp I think he should be in the AHL. Close to Van and it’s coaches, his buddies Podz and Hogs, and he will be in a much better environment to learn English. Plus, he’s already shown he can play against men no problem.

A tough call IMO. You'd like to see him in a position where he can really really suceed IMO. He ain't going to get a lot of English in Northern Quebec :rolleyes:

Just now, Fred65 said:

A tough call IMO. You'd like to see him in a position where he can really really suceed IMO. He ain't going to get a lot of English in Northern Quebec :rolleyes:

Apparently the town he would be playing in has close to the lowest percentage of English speakers in all of Quebec. Nope, keep the kid here. I’m telling you this..if one had watched training camp in person, and you didn’t know who Podkolzin or Klimovich was you probably would have thought that Klimovich was a #10 overall pick. He probably had a stronger camp overall than Podz did, especially considering his young age and draft position. He opened a lot of eyes. 

I’m prepared to be wrong, but I don’t think the AHL will be too much for him. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Canucks cut 16 players from the initial training camp roster but Danila is still with the main team.

Don't think they have had enough of a chance to see what he can do due to him having a minor injury and not in any games lately. TG mentioned that during one of the questions asked iirc.

Edited by Kootenay Gold

2 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Don't think they have had enough of a chance to see what he can do due to him having a minor injury and not in any games lately. TG mentioned that during one of the questions asked iirc.

Thanks. You are right, found the source

• Like 1