The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

22 minutes ago, stawns said:

if you're going to throw that many that early you need to make sure you finish it or you completely tire out, which is what happened

Exactly . Also fighting a lefty is tough work. Everyone's got a plan till they get punched in the mouth 

• Vintage 2

On 1/16/2022 at 6:54 PM, Vermette9 said:

Exactly . Also fighting a lefty is tough work. Everyone's got a plan till they get punched in the mouth 

I don’t know how universal that proposition is - Ty Domi seemed to enjoy being punched in the face, probably thought his opponent was likely to break his hand. Another guy that seemed to lead with his face was Tiger Williams, as one wag put it, “He has a face so flat he could bite a wall.”

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

As an 18 year old kid in his first year in pro hockey, he looks like a very promising pick - size, skating, skill and desire. If this is one of Benning’s parting gifts, it just might do a lot toward his redemption. I don’t have a high opinion of JB as a GM, but he sure seemed able to identify kids with promise. If we can survive the cap hell he left to posterity, we might not see what he built (in the youth he selected) for a couple of years yet.

• Vintage 1

On 1/18/2022 at 2:39 AM, Ray_Cathode said:

As an 18 year old kid in his first year in pro hockey, he looks like a very promising pick - size, skating, skill and desire. If this is one of Benning’s parting gifts, it just might do a lot toward his redemption. I don’t have a high opinion of JB as a GM, but he sure seemed able to identify kids with promise. If we can survive the cap hell he left to posterity, we might not see what he built (in the youth he selected) for a couple of years yet.

Not many people do, unless they are in that Satiah Shah type of crowd where every pick we make in the draft are seemingly destined to be all stars LOL I still feel though the development from the farm needs a bit of help. Theres really something wrong going on there considering we've really only graduated 1 guy thats a bonafide NHLer (Demko) and the other guy is barely keeping a job and hes not even with the team (Gaudette) in the past 8 years. I really hope the new, management fixes whatever shortcomings there are in Abby, Im just not sure whether its Cull or Ryan Johnson is the problem with our lack of depth

On 1/27/2022 at 1:51 AM, filthycanuck said:

Not many people do, unless they are in that Satiah Shah type of crowd where every pick we make in the draft are seemingly destined to be all stars LOL I still feel though the development from the farm needs a bit of help. Theres really something wrong going on there considering we've really only graduated 1 guy thats a bonafide NHLer (Demko) and the other guy is barely keeping a job and hes not even with the team (Gaudette) in the past 8 years. I really hope the new, management fixes whatever shortcomings there are in Abby, Im just not sure whether its Cull or Ryan Johnson is the problem with our lack of depth

Johnson for sure.  He surely knew that having Boeser, Petterson, Hughes, Hoglander and Podkolzin simmer in the minors for a few years would for sure have improved our depth-chart rankings, yet he let them go. So short sighted.   ^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

On 1/16/2022 at 11:20 PM, Coconuts said:

And that's fine, but I stand by what I said. 

It’s not the dog in the fight but the fight in the dog.  

so when a players isn’t afraid to muck it up, they aren’t afraid of high danger areas.  That’s good, and something you can’t coach.  It’s called push back,  either you know when too or you don’t.  

If one thing could have changed the outcome of the SCF vs the Bruins, one moment, it’s when Marchand punched Danny six times.  Danny should have gone Viking on the Rat, it’s the SCF and you have to play like there is no next season and this is your last act.  

it’s not soccer and I honestly think that would have given the team all the energy and fire to win the series, instead they never raised the game intensity and it was the difference when all other factors are also added.  

I will take the Bad with the good, cause in this league and the the world in general, you need both to win.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Phat Fingers said:

It’s not the dog in the fight but the fight in the dog.  

so when a players isn’t afraid to muck it up, they aren’t afraid of high danger areas.  That’s good, and something you can’t coach.  It’s called push back,  either you know when too or you don’t.  

If one thing could have changed the outcome of the SCF vs the Bruins, one moment, it’s when Marchand punched Danny six times.  Danny should have gone Viking on the Rat, it’s the SCF and you have to play like there is no next season and this is your last act.  

it’s not soccer and I honestly think that would have given the team all the energy and fire to win the series, instead they never raised the game intensity and it was the difference when all other factors are also added.  

I will take the Bad with the good, cause in this league and the the world in general, you need both to win.  

Remember, hockey is based off lacrosse, a seriously violent sport, traditionally, which is a lot like hurling, which is wild… but played in ice with frozen horse $&!# in a winter to channel aggressive and energy to keep the locals from killing each other during the winter cabin fever season. 

It’s never been a gentleman’s game.  It’s always had a level of danger due to being played on knives and with sticks and walls, like concrete.  

so in the North American game, in its roots, it was a brawl that sometimes began a game, until a game developed.  Like rugby, the rules came afterwards.  

the turning the other cheek style of play cannot win the cup… the player has to elevate their game, and that’s a good sign for a young guy, and it shows he isn’t just playing for himself.