The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zadorov Shares Some Insight Into Nate MacKinnon

Rate this topic

-DLC-

10 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

This is not a news story, Maybe to people who have never played competitive sports. Go scroll through a NFL feed. Yesterday giants got in a big scrap and coach lost his mind at them. Its called being competitive, Also lets not forget how bortuzzo fought a teammate in practice, Then won a cup.

When are you seeing all these players coming and going from the avs during the season??? Nobody is " gone " lmao.

This is a reach.

Why are soo many people cheering when torts stormed the flames room trying to scrap but shaming nate for being vocal 

Maybe because it’s a Canuck’s board and we (me for sure) hate the Avs?  It’s fun reading that Mac is a terrible leader.  Makes me happy.  :frantic:

Mac clearly doesn’t trust his teammates.  It’s evident in his need to control their practice habits and diet, and it’s evident in his play, as he is such a one man rarely pass, but skate all over with puck on stick, puck hog.  

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Avs haven’t gone beyond round two.  We went just as far as their team has with our bubble performance.  Imo Mac, in tough playoff like hard nosed no ice hockey, is a turnover machine.  He races around with the puck and turns it over in bad spots, because he feels he can do it all himself.  That’s not a team guy.  That’s a guy who isn’t showing trust in his teammates.  That’s exactly what he’s doing with imposing his diet beliefs on the club.  He’s not leading; he’s doing the opposite.

You speak like this is all a fact? When one guy doesn't fit, but everybody else is seemingly fine, Maybe its that one person who's the problem?

I'm sorry but i'm not going to believe the picture zandorov is painting of mac. The one young guy who got shipped off the team.
I will believe hes a tough leader to play for. He's one of the leagues fairly young premiere talents who is expected to carry the top ranked team to a cup but also has struggled making progress in the playoffs. I totally understand his style. IF he crosses lines they have more then enough experience watching over him to NOT let him just run wild and ruin the team. You would have to be sooooooo ignorant to think a multi billion dollar company who is in the spotlight daily would allow what this article is trying to claim happen in their normal day to day operations to this exact scale.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

You speak like this is all a fact? When one guy doesn't fit, but everybody else is seemingly fine, Maybe its that one person who's the problem?

I'm sorry but i'm not going to believe the picture zandorov is painting of mac. The one young guy who got shipped off the team.
I will believe hes a tough leader to play for. He's one of the leagues fairly young premiere talents who is expected to carry the top ranked team to a cup but also has struggled making progress in the playoffs. I totally understand his style. IF he crosses lines they have more then enough experience watching over him to NOT let him just run wild and ruin the team. You would have to be sooooooo ignorant to think a multi billion dollar company who is in the spotlight daily would allow what this article is trying to claim happen in their normal day to day operations to this exact scale.

Nope.  I don’t see us winning in the Olympics with this guy.  Too selfish.  

• Wat 1

We’ve all had jobs under a negative/fear based employer, and we’ve all hopefully had the experience of the positive/rewards based employer.

Reviews of work performance in both situations will surprise nobody. 

Note - Comparing Nat to Michael Jordan is plain ridiculous. Championships and MVPs aside, MJ lead the league in scoring ten times. Ten Times. MacKinnon - zero.

Edited by The Dude Abides

Mack sounds like he likes to micromanage things down to a missed pass to a diet. He's 110% committed and passionate about improving as a team, almost to a fault as Zadorov describes.

Zads wasn't discrediting Mack but the opposite. Zad stated that he's a part of the reason why they're as good as they're.

This quote in particular 

MacKinnon doesn’t want to be the best. He wants his team to be the best. This is something Zadorov wanted to make clear in this interview.

“He made pros out of the entire Colorado team,” Zadorov said. “That’s one of the reasons that Colorado got such an improvement in performance over the last couple of years.” Adding later, “He is a guy that demands everyone leaves everything out there, to maximize their abilities.

“He is always the hardest working guy. He comes out 30 minutes before practice, constantly working on his hands,” adds Zadorov. “Young guys see that he’s the best player in the NHL, and he still works to improve. It motivates them to work even harder.”

Still have to wonder if he's too overbearing by being a such a hardass. He sounds like a coach. The implication I got from Zads is that it has done good but only so much.

• Vintage 1

16 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

This is why hes Nate The Great. Need to be a hardass and demand the best, While also carrying the team.

Hockey was better when everyone were being d*1ks.
Metal/rock was better when everyone were being d*1ks, drunk and on drugs.

It is what it is. Facts show being a d*1k while backing it up works lol

Umm no it wasn't. Been going to metal shows since the 80's. I don't want to see some drunken @sshole stumbling around onstage, forgetting the words when I'm shelling out my hard-earned cash. Live music is better now when almost everyone is a professional and saves any partying for after the show. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

What goes on in the dressing room stays in the dressing room imo.

I have no respect for Zadorov for this.

MacKinnon wants to win and wants dedication from team mates. Even Trevor Linden has been called too serious as captain of the Canucks so I take this stuff with a grain of salt.

Context is everything.

Edited by GarthButcher5

17 hours ago, Alflives said:

Maybe because it’s a Canuck’s board and we (me for sure) hate the Avs?  It’s fun reading that Mac is a terrible leader.  Makes me happy.  :frantic:

Mac clearly doesn’t trust his teammates.  It’s evident in his need to control their practice habits and diet, and it’s evident in his play, as he is such a one man rarely pass, but skate all over with puck on stick, puck hog.  

The Avs are one of my favourite teams to watch other than us.  MacKinnon is the closest thing I've seen to Bure in his prime.  They play really entertaining hockey.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, gurn said:

The former Blackhawk suing the team, will likely strongly disagree.

Apples and oranges when you are comparing criminal activity to personal preference over leadership styles.

This is a complete categorical difference that anyone should be logically able to.understand.

2 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Apples and oranges when you are comparing criminal activity to personal preference over leadership styles.

This is a complete categorical difference that anyone should be logically able to.understand.

I had a reply here, but decided to delete.

Not really worth getting into.

Will say if you go to the Blackhawk thread you will see there are some that don't see a difference.

Edited by gurn

On 8/4/2021 at 5:38 PM, Kenny Blankenship said:

Please show us these facts lmaoooo

Micheal Jordan

Dave Mustane (MegaDeth for the uncool people out there)

Kane, Kieth, Marchand, Kuch, etc….

Hugs and high fives don’t win a thing.  
Just ask the Sedin’s. 
Doing what whatever it takes and leaving peoples feelings out of it, even if that means being a greasy jerk…… that’s how you win.  

Edited by drummerboy

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

Micheal Jordan

Just ask the Sedin’s. 
Doing what whatever it takes and leaving peoples feelings out of it, even if that means being a greasy jerk…… that’s how you win.  

Kane, Keith, Marchand, and Kuch aren’t ogres to their teammates.  The don’t force diet on their teammates.  Doesn’t work in hockey, because it conveys a lack of trust.  Hockey is about trusting your teammates, and standing up for one another.  Mackinnon needs to change.  

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

Micheal Jordan

Just ask the Sedin’s. 

I don’t disagree that all those you named are winners, but it’s not always the a-holes that win. To claim that only the hard asses are winners is just wrong. It’s not factual lol.