The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SIrhan Sirhan, Robert F. Kennedy's Assassin, Recommended for Parole

DonLever

Just now, Gnarcore said:

It has been 50 years. It should never be on the family. That is ridiculous. 

Really? RiDICULUS?

The guy is still dead 50 yrs later

Murder is not like stealing

Maybe you are unable to feel empathy for others pain

If someone wanted to hurt you and kill your baby child and scared you for life

Who is it to say it is ok to you, he can go on "living" his life while your baby NEVER could and you are troubled by his releasing?

This is my opinion, i am sure others agree and disagree, but it is not ridiculous on either side of the debate

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Really? RiDICULUS?

The guy is still dead 50 yrs later

Murder is not like stealing

Maybe you are unable to feel empathy for others pain

If someone wanted to hurt you and kill your baby child and scared you for life

Who is it to say it is ok to you, he can go on "living" his life while your baby NEVER could and you are troubled by his releasing?

This is my opinion, i am sure others agree and disagree, but it is not ridiculous on either side of the debate

This is my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, gurn said:

You want justice based on how different people feel pain. I prefer not.

Your way means if the family of that degenerate, gang member, drug dealing, scum bag don't care that their boy got offed, the killer gets it easy.

But if the family of that nice, boy scout leading, St. John's Ambulance volunteer cares, then the killer gets different justice.

no thanks.

Thats not what i said at all

I said when the killer is deemed parole it should be the hurting families decision if they get released

1 minute ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Thats not what i said at all

I said when the killer is deemed parole it should be the hurting families decision if they get released

Right, so different justice based on how different families feel.

Again, no thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gurn said:

If the guy had murdered some one that wasn't famous; he would have been free 25-35 years ago.

Like Mark David Chapman, the guy that killed John Lennon.  I don't why that guy is still in jail 40 years when worst killers have been let go.  He had no criminal convictions before his crime and has been a model citizen in the past 4 decades.   Is he a threat to society when rapists and child sex molesters serve less time than him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DonLever said:

Like Mark David Chapman, the guy that killed John Lennon.  I don't why that guy is still in jail 40 years when worst killers have been let go.  He had no criminal convictions before his crime and has been a model citizen in the past 4 decades.   Is he a threat to society when rapists and child sex molesters serve less time than him.

The purpose of prison is supposed to be rehabilitation not punishment. Sirhan has been deemed completely rehabilitated and not a threat to anyone by the board. It's serves society no purpose to continue to imprison him.

MDC is no longer a threat to anyone. His jailers just don't want the negative publicity of releasing him.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

4 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Its been fifty years. He's done his time. It shouldn't matter who the victim is. Murder is murder.  Feel the same about hate crimes. Punish the act equally not the reason. 

I don't know.

Sirhan not only killed a man, he changed history.

RFK was the peace candidate.  Had he won in '68, the Vietnam War might have been over years sooner than it was.  How many lives would have been saved if this had happened?

Yes, there's a lot of 'if's  in there.  But this wasn't just 'another' murder.

Interesting question, though.  Wonder what the California governor is going to decide?

3 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

That is the sad truth, when people say they have done their time though, have they really?

The innocent dead person is not coming back from his time dead,  loved ones pains who won't enjoy thinking a murderer is enjoying life, (while the dead is not) and they will always have a huge whole of their life missing forever of pain and sorrow

Who decides what is right for other's pain?

If releasing a murderer upsets a loved one left behind, why subject THEM to more pain of releasing a murderer?

IMO

If a board has deemed it ok, it should always be the immediate families final decision, without subjecting them to lengthy hearings

So then basically a person could be in prison for literally the rest of their life, no matter the circumstances surrounding the murder? According to that concept Dakota Pratt, who was sentenced to 5 years for killing a home intruder who was stabbing him in the head in the middle of the night, could potentially spend the rest of his life behind bars, if Vincent Bunn's family is sufficiently tearful. Makes no sense.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DonLever said:

I think it's because a lot of people out there would like to be the one to take him out. Keeping him locked up isn't about protecting society from him, but him from society. Someone could knock him off, a ton of people will call that person a hero and they likely walk after a year.

28 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

I don't know.

RFK was the peace candidate.  Had he won in '68, the Vietnam War might have been over years sooner than it was.  How many lives would have been saved if this had happened?

Interesting question, though.  Wonder what the California governor is going to decide?

Sure it was a massive impact.  But conjecture on impact doesnt change that in our system one life shouldnt matter more than any other. 

Except for Brad Marchand of course....

• Haha 1

He murdered a Kennedy and changed history which has not only affected the lives of the Kennedy family but also the lives of millions of Americans and people around the world.

To be fair though he wasn't a lone shooter.  The assassination of the Kennedy brothers was done on a much larger scale, with many people and organizations involved.  These actual shooters were just the trigger men.  The people who actually plotted to assassinate the Kennedy's walked away freely.

I would release him and then he should be interrogated to see if he can bring out any new information on the assassination of the Kennedy brothers.

10 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Didn’t the Kennedy brothers share Marlynn?

While there is plenty of evidence of John's philandering there is none indicating 

Robert indulged in the same behaviour. 

Only rumour.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

I don't know.

It is interesting to note the that Robert Jr does not believe that sirhan killed his father. 

He is a lawyer and put a lot of research into finding out what  actually happened even confronting Sirhan in jail.

It is also interesting to note that while not denying he did it,sirhan has no memory of doing so. 

Another murder or not how long do we keep people in jail for crimes they commit.

58 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He murdered a Kennedy and changed history which has not only affected the lives of the Kennedy family but also the lives of millions of Americans and people around the world.

To be fair though he wasn't a lone shooter.  The assassination of the Kennedy brothers was done on a much larger scale, with many people and organizations involved.  These actual shooters were just the trigger men.  The people who actually plotted to assassinate the Kennedy's walked away freely.

I would release him and then he should be interrogated to see if he can bring out any new information on the assassination of the Kennedy brothers.

Haven't you watched Watchmen ? 

The comedian did it.

• Haha 1