The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

17 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I have always defended asinine statements about the players and won't change for you.    When you can tell me how you fared at the training camps you attended and how the players you saw respond to bag skates perhaps we can compare notes but until then, to me you are a couch dwelling guy spewing crap about something you know nothing about.   Cheers.   :)

Thanks training camp expert. 

Glad you had such a successful career now that you are sitting in front of your computer arguing with other keyboard warriors. 

:P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

My guess is that zero in your media have a clue what real sports is about from inside the ropes and are simply looking for click bait to show someone (boss?) they are relevant.    Sad state of the sporting world these days and that some "fans" lap it up is equally sad.

Covid year aside, I would absolutely *love* a chance to go to a pro training camp for just "opening day" as a "Joe" out-player amongst Pros and "almost Pros" just to illustrate the scale of the difference. Stay away from the battle drills and stuff where there's any risk at all of injuring the actual players, but do the puck drills and the fitness drills. Not play any of it off for laughs, make a genuine attempts to try to keep up with it. I think A) It'd be an interesting BTS 'media' feature and 2) Be hilarious for people to see how badly I'd fail at the bag skate in particular. And then probably puke anyway. Give "media" an actual story to ignore.

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, austy said:

Sorry if I have missed it, but how has Connor Lockhart looked? 

I watched him a little bit today and my impression was that he skates well, pretty shifty and gets involved. All in all looked good for a guy that’ll hopefully have a good camp before he goes to the juniors.

• Upvote 1

Just now, knucklehead91 said:

Out of place in his 4:55TOI? And his 17 mins in pims for dropping the gloves? Just a little critical of the kid dont ya think?

I watched that game, I will stand by what I said. He was slow everywhere with and without the puck. Did he earn any brownie points for starting the fight? not from me, we got a 2 minute instigator penalty.

But the past is long gone, and couldn't really care less about what he did last year. I'm really confused why you twisted my words to make this seem like a negative thing i said.

suck my dick GIF

Edited by Petey_BOI
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Yeah that’s true, I guess it’s just us fans being frustrated haha

It is definitely hard not being frustrated. The money is there, but it's not getting done. Hopefully QH and Petey get jealous seeing all the boys on the ice and just sign a reasonable contract. It's not like we're trying to screw them over. 

Just a question as I have never attended a pro athlete camp...but how is it being a defenseman in these camps? Are they able to be as physical as they would be during a real game? If you are a physical defenseman ie Woo, Shenn, can you showcase your worth in this format or are you a bit scared of hurting other players? 

I'm gonna be totally honest, between Petey and Hughes missing camp, the Hamonic situation, Motte being out and whatever is wrong with Sutter, I'm having difficulty getting excited for the start of the season. Between all of these thing I don't see how we get off to a good start. Feels like there's a bit of a black cloud lingering over camp imho.

• Sad 1