The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

16 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

My belief is that Pettersson (and possibly Hughes) do not like Jim Benning and what he did to the team a year ago (letting Markstrom, Tanev, Toffoli, Stecher walk). Maybe they don't trust that he's the man in charge that will help get them a Cup in VAN. I'm sure Hughes is also dreaming of playing with his brothers in Jersey, so I wonder about his commitment to the Canucks as well.  What Pettersson's doing is not the Swedish way (diva).

Two contracts with the same agent shouldn't be this difficult. I think they might just be toying with Jim, until he trades them, or he's no longer the GM of the Canucks.

Other than Toffoli those were the right moves.

28 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Other than Toffoli those were the right moves.

I would have given tanman that deal at the time and it looks even better now. I'm still gutted everytime i see him in red. 

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Hits waivers, we reclaim him.... ;)

he'll clear.

25 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Not sure if this is the place to post this question, but what the hell.

Does anyone know how Kole Lind is looking in Seattle's camp?

Just curious

I don’t know how he has been so far but it sounds like he and Geekie are fighting for the last spot. Geekie scored twice against the Canucks and Lind is supposed to play tonight against the Oilers. Both guys are waiver eligible.

1 minute ago, tas said:

I would have given tanman that deal at the time and it looks even better now. I'm still gutted everytime i see him in red. 

he'll clear.

Would love to re-acquire him given what's happening with Hamonic...

Wonder what the price tag would be. Won't be cheap I guess considering that it's the Flames.

Just now, khay said:

Would love to re-acquire him given what's happening with Hamonic...

Wonder what the price tag would be. Won't be cheap I guess considering that it's the Flames.

he was their best player last year, and treliving absolutely loves the guy. he's not going anywhere. plus I couldn't see tanev returning while this management group is still here anyway after the way he left. 

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Everyone in the media seems to be writing off Juolevi, but I find it hard to see Green going into the season with 2/3 LHD not being able to kill penalties.

God forbid if OEL takes a penalty, then your looking at Hughes or Rathbone killing penalties. The PK is an area Juolevi can really carve out an identity & I think he's been solid so far.

Rathbone has been more impressive & deserves to start in the top 6. But even if they carry OJ as a 7/8 there's legitimately a role for him to fill. And he could fill it with his playing style. 

Green has been putting Ollie in these situations during camp so far he hasn’t been playing easy minutes

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Gotta admit I missed most the Flames game, but in Spokane I thought he did a really nice job. (The only Dman that didn't get score on shorthanded IIRC)

Yup and he bailed out Rathbone too on a play both are 6/7 to me.Both are assets no need to write off either one.