The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Have you been vaccinated (Part Deux as of Sept 25, 2021)?

Gawdzukes

Have you been vaccinated?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I heard this on the radio on Thursday.  Woman thought she could beat the odds and was afraid to get the vaccine because of what she had read on the internet about the side effects that the vaccines had.  The hospitals aren't filled with people suffering from side effects.  It's a little late for the regrets for her.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8216343/bc-mom-covid-unvaccinated-regret-hospital/

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

At my workplace everyone is vaccinated except one person that I know of. That person recently got covid and has been off work 3 weeks and counting. Praying for a good recovery.

The potential for long lasting vaccine adverse side effects is almost non existent it is something like 0.002%.

On the other hand long lasting adverse side effects from covid are disputed but could be 5-25%

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Kragar said:

A neighbor of mine was basically paralyzed waist down after his second Pfizer dose.  Took him about 3 months before he could walk to the next room in the house unaided.  He still uses a scooter at times when walking the dog, but once or twice a day he now can walk a couple blocks without it, if he takes it easy.  Doc says it will be a least a year before he can walk normally.

The large majority of people in our countries can survive the virus, especially if they are already healthy and take care of themselves.  While the severe side effects are far rarer than dying from Covid, they are also less predictable.  Also, given the FDA's history of turning a blind eye to pharma companies' less than stellar testing protocols and history, I understand some people's distrust.

I'm not at all saying this to encourage people to not get vaccinated (I've been fully vaccinated since early June), but I understand the hesitancy some have had.  Fear can be an incredible force, even overriding one's own logic. https://www.anxietycanada.com/articles/intolerance-of-uncertainty/

I look at vaccines as body armor.

Although it’s not 100% safe since it doesn’t cover all of your body.

I would still rather wear one if I was involved in some sort of the shootout.

One thing that cracks me up is the reasoning why some people don’t want to take vaccines.

So many Americans are obese, suffering from diabetes, high cholesterol and heart disease.

We have spent our lives eating highly processed foods, corn syrup, food dyes, saturated fat, sugary sodas etc.

But yeah, now we are concerned what’s in the vaccines, like Mississippi.

Highest obesity rate in already obese country, with lowest vaccination rates.

Especially amongst blacks and Hispanics, who are even more obese than whites and Asians.

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Kragar said:

A neighbor of mine was basically paralyzed waist down after his second Pfizer dose.  Took him about 3 months before he could walk to the next room in the house unaided.  He still uses a scooter at times when walking the dog, but once or twice a day he now can walk a couple blocks without it, if he takes it easy.  Doc says it will be a least a year before he can walk normally.

The large majority of people in our countries can survive the virus, especially if they are already healthy and take care of themselves.  While the severe side effects are far rarer than dying from Covid, they are also less predictable.  Also, given the FDA's history of turning a blind eye to pharma companies' less than stellar testing protocols and history, I understand some people's distrust.

I'm not at all saying this to encourage people to not get vaccinated (I've been fully vaccinated since early June), but I understand the hesitancy some have had.  Fear can be an incredible force, even overriding one's own logic. https://www.anxietycanada.com/articles/intolerance-of-uncertainty/

I'm double Vaccinated too, but I also understand why some people are scared to get the vaccine.  For some people the fear can be crippling especially if they are already dealing with mental health issues. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, thrago said:

I'm double Vaccinated too, but I also understand why some people are scared to get the vaccine.  For some people the fear can be crippling especially if they are already dealing with mental health issues. 

Just so we're all clear, are you refering to the  Area 51, Flat Earth, Anti-Everything uneducated ignorant CONservatives or just the truly uneducated ignorant CONservatives?

• Haha 1
  • Wat 3
  • RoughGame 4

9 minutes ago, thrago said:

I don't think anyone here is denying what your saying, but the people (not you) that think they are going to get through to these people by calling them stupid or selfish are just making things worse.  People generally don't change there minds when people start calling them stupid, they tend to double up. 

Yes those people are doubly selfish then.   Geeze.   I know people that have died, and others that haven't recovered and got this over a year ago and should be living happily for another 30/40 years.    What should we call them?  Hero's for "standing up for their rights?"   Ok in that case, thank you very much for your stance - and for being a hero - and go get your vaccine and be a real hero.    I'd happily punch anyone in the face if they want too if they need "cognitive therapy".  I like drugs sex and rock and roll and my freedoms too.   Nobody gets a free pass being an island by themselves on this planet anymore.   If you leave your house or get groceries sent to your house or whatever - your part of the human race.   Here's a thought - maybe become "breathatarians" and learn how to live off air alone.    If you can do that then yes - free pass - don't get a vaccine. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

I look at vaccines as body armor.

Although it’s not 100% safe since it doesn’t cover all of your body.

I would still rather wear one if I was involved in some sort of the shootout.

One thing that cracks me up is the reasoning why some people don’t want to take vaccines.

So many Americans are obese, suffering from diabetes, high cholesterol and heart disease.

We have spent our lives eating highly processed foods, corn syrup, food dyes, saturated fat, sugary sodas etc.

But yeah, now we are concerned what’s in the vaccines, like Mississippi.

Highest obesity rate in already obese country, with lowest vaccination rates.

Especially amongst blacks and Hispanics, who are even more obese than whites and Asians.

Body armor is an interesting analogy. 

If you aren't active military or law enforcement, presumably, you don't wear it every day.  You wear it when there is known risk of a certain level. You wouldn't wear it in barracks or in the office, and maybe not in the field.  Depends on individual circumstances

This is my first ever vaccine.   Even though 2% is low, it is still a significant death rate, especially for something that spreads so rampantly as Covid does. So while I didn't want to get it at first, there are still things I want to do that not getting vaccinated would keep from happening.  And the trending numbers and variants made the decision easier, of course.

Fortunately, I don't suffer from that paralysis of indecision, and I could calculate the risks and get the jabs.  But I see that problem in others, where they are not the "crazy" rural conservatives that get ragged on constantly here and in the media nor are they the urban minorities who have been screwed over by drug companies and the government in the past.  Just people with diagnosed anxiety issues which play havoc on their everyday lives.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, thrago said:

Ok I'm going to give you an example of 3 people I know personally.  1 is one of the nicest people I know, they would help you or anyone else that needed it and never expect anything in return, they understand all the reasons they need to get the shot but have an irrational fear for some reason and just can't seem to get over it. 2 is someone my wife works with that is exactly the type of person you are talking about, contrary and selfish and refuses to get it or listen to reason. The 3rd is on of the most despicable people you will ever meet in your life for an example when they got divorced he told his wife at the time good you can keep the kids I never want to see them again, but guess what they got the vaccine, does that make him a better person then the first 2?  Not a chance he is the worst person I have ever had the displeasure of meeting.

My point is these aren't all bad people and punching them in the face isn't going to help, even if some of them deserve it.  

Exactly, I know quite a few people that arent vaccinated.  

One of them would pull over and help you with your flat tire.  Not some evil guy that's trying to kill your grandmother with biological warfare.  

The amount of vitriol online in the last 3-4 months is extremely toxic. Guy in the off topic thread being happy that a mother is hospitalized with Covid to prove a point. F'n ridiculous. 

Get vaccinated so we can end this Trump flu.

i was fine first shot just a felt like someone punched me in the shoulder. Second shot i was sick for a day, but no big deal. 

I can’t believe the people who aren’t vaccinated, do you wanta this Covid stuff forever? And , its the same selfish people who don’t believe in wearing masks. 

im happy you need to prove your vaccinated for Canuck games. Its VIPs only. 

also those who bs saying I can’t for medical reasons, plz talk to your doctor and have them provide proof your not just a lazy selfish BSer.

anywho 

Go Canucks Go

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1