The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Seattle Kraken at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 05, 2021 | 7:00 pm PT | Sportsnet One

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Was hopeful MacEwen could be something like that at one point.

But getting outmuscled by McCann isn't a good look.

MacEwan is so hyped up in these boards like he is the 2nd coming of Bertuzzi. I dont see anything special in MacEwan except he can fight, thats it. Lockwood has already surpassed MacEwan.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Terrible PK against an average seattle PP. If we are this bad at pk with Seattle scoring this much  I think they will get shredded against the Oilers. Canucks are reverting back to old ways of defending on PK which is passive, stand in a box and let them take free shots. When will Baumgartner get fired, I cant stand that PK strategy. Also we need Motte, Hamonic and Sutter as soon as possible.

I think you just answered your statement. We're missing almost an entire PK unit, what do you expect?

Just now, DefCon1 said:

MacEwan is so hyped up in these boards like he is the 2nd coming of Bertuzzi. I dont see anything special in MacEwan except he can fight, thats it. Lockwood has already surpassed MacEwan.

i like lockwood, wouldnt be upset if he took his spot.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

I'd rather see what Gadjovich can do instead tbh 

What we see with Mac is what we'll get, Gadjovich could be more

2 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Was just hoping he could be a solid 3rd/4th liner, not Bertuzzi, but he's gotten worse since the original pause. I agree Lockwood has passed him.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Sure but show an inkling of energy out there. Going through the motions isn’t good way to set yourself up for the season.

Actually 5v5 we are creating as much if not more than Kranken... Its a show me for the bottom line players, who stays and who goes...

Just now, Teemu Selänne said:

Love that Boner takes risks but with Hughes back he's not gonna be running a powerplay. I think he'll go get TOI with Abby until there's an injury. Hopefully that'll helpen sharpen up and give away fewer pucks

Yeah Rathbone is better to start on Abbotsford and sharpen his defensive skills. He is not ready for NHL yet, I think a season in Abbotsford will be good for him. Although with Schenn not playing too good, Hamonic bot playing, am not sure if they will send him down right now.

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

We are currently outplaying the entire Kraken NHL roster with half an AHL lineup lol.  We’re only behind because Gru is a wall and we trying different PKers on weak calls.  If we were on an even playing field this would be a blowout for us tonight.

Well said. The amount panic and hand-wringing in here tonight would be funny if it weren’t kinda sad to witness. Just waiting for the FIRE GREEN crap to start up again. And don’t forget FIRE SHAW. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1