The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason Oilers @ Canucks / Oct. 9 / 6:00 PM Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

2 minutes ago, canuckpuckluck1 said:

Well its not all doom and gloom yet! 

I have been quite supportive of both the GM and Coach.... but this year the team MUST make the playoffs or I will be the first in line to lead the angry horde with pitch forks.

The team, the fan base including myself just cant have another disappointing year, I don't think any of us can emotionally deal with that.

Nor should we.  The management went all in.  The coach is on the hot seat as he should be and will likely get fired as he should have a year ago.

If they are not a playoff team this year both Green and Benning will be gone and along with them half the fan base.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Just so much déjà vu to how the team played offensively and defensively last year.

That is absolutely 100% a coaching issue. 

Yep, the PP and PK look identical to last year..

Honestly, everything in the way we have been playing this preseason seems to be the same, which has proven not to work.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

actually that's the players' jobs. 

It's both. But if, for whatever reason, a player isn't playing to their ability, the coach has to have the ability to fix that. I doubt the Lightning would be 2X Cup Champs if they had Green and Baumer behind the bench  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Yeah, the signing of Hamonic, Sutter and schenn has blown on Bennings face as he tries to figure out which minor leaguer can replace Hamonic and if Dowling can hold the fort. While we lose Gadjovic which was tough to see. He should have went after Larsson in off season. We still have not replaced Tanev because Benning and people here think he is injury prone. Now he has not been injured for 3 years.

Based on the pre season any more roster tweaking is a waste of future assets, as long as the coaching staff remains intact - just lookback to the Schmidt situation: where he came from a team that is a perrenial contender to Vancouver.  Heck he went to Winnipeg over living in the lower mainland.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

You think this team is ready for Wednesday? 2 points are the same in October as they are in February. I say we lose 4 out of 6 to start.

Most hockey experts are picking Canucks to miss the playoffs. 

Every game matters. I just can't believe we don't even know what our final roster will look like after camp and 7 preseason games. 

Guys haven't gelled, timing is off. 

I know it's just hockey but damn I'm mad! 

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, fanfor42 said:

Nor should we.  The management went all in.  The coach is on the hot seat as he should be and will likely get fired as he should have a year ago.

If they are not a playoff team this year both Green and Benning will be gone and along with them half the fan base.

So all the stuff that floats on the top of the slurry? Lol

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

I haven't said much about Green during his tenure here, but after this pre-season which the roster he has been given... I'm starting to agree with the ones who have said he isn't an NHL coach. 

My tune’s changed too as a former Green supporter. He’s been given the greatest Canucks lineup since the Sedin era and this is what we end up with? It’s a preseason game so I’m not going to panic, but he has a short leash from me and other fans. Like I said in the other thread I’m giving him 20 games and if we suck he needs to go. I have a sneaky suspicion part of why Shaw was hired was as an option should Green falter again which would indicate concern among upper management about Green’s performance as head coach. Considering we did nothing to the coaches every other year of Green’s tenure I think that’s more likely then not to be the case.

• Cheers 1

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Based on the pre season any more roster tweaking is a waste of future assets, as long as the coaching staff remains intact - just lookback to the Schmidt situation: where he came from a team that is a perrenial contender to Vancouver.

Garland doesn't look good in this roster, but I don't blame him. This is 100 percent Green.

Player Name couldn't fit in Green's stupid system, and now he is scoring for Arizona on a terrible roster

Just now, bishopshodan said:

I swear we went 1-5 one year pre season and then started the season with like 10 wins in a row.

My memory may be wrong.

But, with the late EP and Huggy addition saga and a few battle for positions, I'm not too worried.

This is a good squad. 

It’s a good comment and I agree with it. But I doubt you’ll find a receptive audience for it tonight here. CDC is salty tonight, wowzers!

Been enjoying Thanksgiving dinner with the family so missed the first half of the game. First thing I saw when I turned it on was Podz springing someone on a semi breakaway, and we looked pretty good for the remainder of the period I watched. And I think we are out shooting them.

Has Demko been shaky?

• Cheers 1