The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason Oilers @ Canucks / Oct. 9 / 6:00 PM Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

How's he getting outcoached, exactly?

Oilers playing with a better structure and discipline (like the Kraken game). 

What do you suggest is the issue after 9 pre season games - more roster tweaking and/or players not totally buying in ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski

There is something about them playing at Rogers arena that just makes them look like they don’t care. Urgency is not there at times. It’s been like that for a few years except of course the last two not playing there because of covid. Our home barn isn’t a tough place to play and it should be.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Can you explain those useless systems?  He doesn't draw up plays that involve crappy passing, lack of urgency and missed assignments.

I'm fine moving on from Green at this point, his management of two high picks is enough for me, but I don't see it as a systems problem, rather an execution problem.

Isn't it his job to ensure that the players are executing his system properly? Or that, if they're not able to execute, that he puts players in place that can? Or if nobody on the roster is able to, that he communicates to management that he needs players that can execute his system more effectively?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rabid Rooster said:

Garland?. How about Podz

I like Podz a lot, but honestly think he needs to start on the 3rd line. He needs to get some experience in the NHL, and the 3rd line is the perfect place for that for now.

He could easily move up and down depending on the game.