The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason Oilers @ Canucks / Oct. 9 / 6:00 PM Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

As I recall the last pre-season game usually has a couple guys that are going to make it and a couple that are on the bubble with one last chance. Maybe Juolevi has already made it.

I get that if you are pulling for OJ to make it you might want to cling to this thought. But for him not play in the final pre-season game, as well as the last few games….likely means the writing is on the wall. Or he has an injury.

But again, losing him to waivers would SUCK.

7 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I get that if you are pulling for OJ to make it you might want to cling to this thought. But for him not play in the final pre-season game, as well as the last few games….likely means the writing is on the wall. Or he has an injury.

But again, losing him to waivers would SUCK.

lol, I'm half pulling for him but I thought maybe it's an injury or they are saving him as the good prospect to send down. :emot-parrot: :lol:

Rathbone is very lucky McDavid, Draisatl, and a few others are getting the night off....he has to learn that you can't have any pudding until you eat all your meat. That is to say he wants to play like an offensive forward before he really nails down playing Defence in the NHL. 

Hope he gets lots of ice time and devotes it to blueline duties.

8 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

Rathbone could turn out to be a star and posters want to trade him????

He struggles in his own zone, we already have Hughes, and we have a braindead imbecile coaching the D who will cause serious damage to him long-term.  A hockey trade for a similar aged defensive D makes sense.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

Rathbone could turn out to be a star and posters want to trade him????

I don't want to trade him at all, he is doing good in the O zone, but i do want him to play like an NHL Defender before he tries to play like a NHL top six forward. I have yet to see what I want from him though. 

it is no secret that I prefer Olli J. in that OJ the Spearfisher knows how to stop pucks from going in the net at his end of the ice: but to be honest, he could stand to do a little more at the other end too, haha...maybe an OJ/Rathbone hybrid would be a phenom in the league. haha

Edited by Primal Optimist

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He struggles in his own zone, we already have Hughes, and we have a braindead imbecile coaching the D who will cause serious damage to him long-term.  A hockey trade for a similar aged defensive D makes sense.

We honestly need Sami Salo or the equivalent.