The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason Oilers @ Canucks / Oct. 9 / 6:00 PM Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

12 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Anyone else surprised at Coach Green lineup choices this preseason. I understand the forward group missing EP40 would make the lines look outa whak with Miller as a Petey center filler, but I thought things would look different now Petey is back. 

i’m not sure if im ok with these lines , its preseason but its the last one.., just my back seat Coaching from the couch 2 cents and old cushion popcorn.

Go Canucks Go 

CDF01FE0-6115-4E4A-86FF-87F1705EBFB2.jpeg

Yeah, I would appreciate if we replaced Green with someone who could actually be trusted to set the lineup.  We already lost Gadjovich due to Green's insistence on playing AHL trash like Dowling, DiGuiseppe, and Petan.

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, gregthehockeynut said:

I thought Ollie had a recurring knee problem but I am not sure about that...I wish Gadj had made the middle six  but Podz blew past him on the depth chart.

The lack of PK readiness training for prospects {Gadj} has been an on going issue for years imo. I guess his foot speed might never be pro level for PK duty 

on the 4th line.

Umm.  Sutter.  The aging speedster.   Horvat when he first starting playing.   Footspeed had nothing to do with Gads getting waived.   They made a mistake.   A big one.   Why the heck they'd choose to keep Highmore or Chiasson or whomever over him ... stupid.  

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Rathbone also needs to go down. He needs to learn how to play in his own zone, and the less exposure he gets to Nolan Baumgartner, the better.

Juolevi won't make it down to the AHL, high chance he gets claimes. Agree with Rathbone going to tbe AHL he needs to work on his d. Also think that we don't have a need for anotner offensive dman with Hughes and OEL here long term.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Yeah, I would appreciate if we replaced Green with someone who could actually be trusted to set the lineup.  We already lost Gadjovich due to Green's insistence on playing AHL trash like Dowling, DiGuiseppe, and Petan.

Was it Green though?  We don't know.   He said in his presser that he expected him to play NHL games this season.   Maybe it was, maybe he was trying to hide him.   But whomever actually was complicit made a mistake.   I'm willing to wait and see how big a mistake.   I really wouldn't care much if we had more guys like him in the system but we don't. 

It's the final pre season game...finally!

See some on here are going to games on the regular, when earlier they were saying they would not be going for quite some time to a big indoor gathering like a game...good on you for changing your tune to cheer on the boys!

Stay safe and have fun to all going to the game and most importantly....GO Canucks GO!!!

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Umm.  Sutter.  The aging speedster.   Horvat when he first starting playing.   Footspeed had nothing to do with Gads getting waived.   They made a mistake.   A big one.   Why the heck they'd choose to keep Highmore or Chiasson or whomever over him ... stupid.  

Point well taken on Sutter but Gadj can't play center and we have a wealth of wingers right now. I am guessing Sutter might go on LTIR

as a cap maneuver but that is sheer speculation.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Pbhatti00 said:

Hindsight is 20/20 ..speaking of the possibility of losing him on waivers ....

Totally. But man I didn't like that pick right out of the get go.

Having said that I would have gone with Glass so believe it or not even I'm not perfect.

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

See some on here are going to games on the regular, when earlier they were saying they would not be going for quite some time to a big indoor gathering like a game...good on you for changing your tune to cheer on the boys!

The turning point for me was the vax passport to get in deal.  And half capacity, so it gives room to spread out.

Last game, I wore my mask the entire time and we moved twice to get away from people.  So it's safer than a large, unmonitored deal.  Like going to my job each day in a school.

I wouldn't go if it was sold out with no regulations in place.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Totally. But man I didn't like that pick right out of the get go.

Having said that I would have gone with Glass so believe it or not even I'm not perfect.

Glass wasn't in Juolevi's draft class. If anything we should have picked sergachev or mcavoy . Either way though,  i still have a feeling Juolevi will find his game, just needs to work on his mobility, conditioning. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Slegr said:

I’m in full support of Joulevi staying up and sending Rathbone down at the start. We can’t lose Joulevi for nothing, and he would get claimed. Injuries to defense has been a theme on this team for years. We know Rathbone would be back up pretty quick.

There's a reason you might lose OJ for nothing, no one wants him. I'm sure JB is working hard on trying to move players maybe for low end draft picks. Every team has aOJ on their roster at this time of the year

4 minutes ago, Pbhatti00 said:

Glass wasn't in Juolevi's draft class. If anything we should have picked sergachev or mcavoy . Either way though,  i still have a feeling Juolevi will find his game, just needs to work on his mobility, conditioning. 

I know. He got drafted behind some guy I would have not picked.  Can't remember his name at the moment...wears 40?

I would have drafted Tkachuk or Chychrun over OJ.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pbhatti00 said:

I remember that OJ was touted as the safe pick.  Too bad injuries derailed his development. 

Would have chosen Tkachuk (bloodlines) or other high risk / high reward like Sergachev.

Got to make those 1st round picks count.

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

Man I get it but these guys are a dime a dozen. Bottom 6 wingers aren't worth getting upset about.

It's like Gaudette and Baer. We get all upset and these guys go no where.

I said I was confused, not upset. Lockwood looked good this preseason, an absolute piss missile out there. Got under Mcdavid and Drais skin last game. Are we going to sit on him for a couple years only to lose him for nothing, just like the rest? Trade him for another Highmore? I'm not a Benning hater by any means, but this piss poor asset management is starting to annoy me.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, JoshuaGuy said:

I said I was confused, not upset. Lockwood looked good this preseason, an absolute piss missile out there. Got under Mcdavid and Drais skin last game. Are we going to sit on him for a couple years only to lose him for nothing, just like the rest? Trade him for another Highmore? I'm not a Benning hater by any means, but this piss poor asset management is starting to annoy me.

Yea his asset management is poor like the time he ran out of tendies. Held onto aging assets etc and so forth.

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

I remember that OJ was touted as the safe pick.  Too bad injuries derailed his development. 

Would have chosen Tkachuk (bloodlines) or other high risk / high reward like Sergachev.

Got to make those 1st round picks count.

I always get nervous when they say someone is a "safe pick".

Pretty underwhelmed with the 4th liners we kept. Hopefully Motte and Sutter are back sooner than later.

This is the forward group I wanna see when everything settles:

Garland Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Hoglander

Chiasson Miller Podkolzin

Motte Dickinson Bailey/Sutter

Lockwood

• Cheers 2