The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Olli Juolevi to Panthers for Juho Lammikko, Noah Juulsen

5 hours ago, mll said:

There's no extra 500K if Rathbone is sent down and recalled.  His bonus is a non issue in a demotion/recall because he started the season on the NHL roster.

In LTIR, when a bonus eligible player is demoted, his bonus creates a bonus pool.  That bonus pool can then be used to cover his own bonus when he is brought back up - the bonus pool simply goes back to zero.

I very much appreciate your insights on this. Thank you!  I know I'm not the only one who really enjoys reading them, even if there is the odd disagreement!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

• 3 months later...

Lammikko has been brilliant but he works so well with Motte and Highmore when he's in. Lammikko is proving that he can play just as well as Motte too. Many teams don't have 1 guy like Motte and we have 2, maybe 3. Finally we have a decent lock of a 4th line (but ice-time wise they're probably our 3rd line).

Even if Juolevi is a regular bottom pairing defenceman, this trade is another minor win for JB.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Lammikko has been brilliant but he works so well with Motte and Highmore when he's in. Lammikko is proving that he can play just as well as Motte too. Many teams don't have 1 guy like Motte and we have 2, maybe 3. Finally we have a decent lock of a 4th line (but ice-time wise they're probably our 3rd line).

Even if Juolevi is a regular bottom pairing defenceman, this trade is another minor win for JB.

Its nice to have a great 4th line... its been over 10 years since weve seen such a thing. Would be nice to get all 3 locked up moving forward. Motte 1.7 x 3, Lammy 1 x 3, Highmore 1 x 3 

5 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I don't know if you could call it a win when the whole world was wanting Matthew Tkachuk over Juolevi

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

I don't know if you could call it a win when the whole world was wanting Matthew Tkachuk over Juolevi

Tkachuk was never going to o be a Canuck. They didn't even interview him. His attitude problems were not what the team was building at the time. Guy is a hell of a player, but he's a crap dude.

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

Tkachuk was never going to o be a Canuck. They didn't even interview him. His attitude problems were not what the team was building at the time. Guy is a hell of a player, but he's a crap dude.

That kid is a natural leader just like his brother... Assistant captain at age 20.  Joined the league as an 18 year old and has dominated ever since with absolutely zero evidence that he is a crap dude. Not sure where you are getting this from

If they didn't interview a kid who was right around where they picked then it's just another failure on the list for Benning and crew.  

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Yea that's an awesome excuse for not drafting the best player available.

If that's true JB should have traded down.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Kovalchuk said:

That kid is a natural leader just like his brother... Assistant captain at age 20.  Joined the league as an 18 year old and has dominated ever since with absolutely zero evidence that he is a crap dude. Not sure where you are getting this from

If they didn't interview a kid who was right around where they picked then it's just another failure on the list for Benning and crew.  

How many awards, trophies, division titles or cups has he hoisted?  Playoff round wins?

None?

At all?

Fancy that.  Not so dominant I guess

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

How many awards, trophies, division titles or cups has he hoisted?  Playoff round wins?

None?

At all?

Fancy that.  Not so dominant I guess

He's +30 with 50 points in 45 games.  Probably the best net front player in the league or at least top 3, will fight, instigate and hits.  Still just age 24

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Kovalchuk said:

He's +30 with 50 points in 45 games.  Probably the best net front player in the league or at least top 3, will fight, instigate and hits.  Still just age 24

He also is a locker room cancer with serious character issues.  Absolutely gutless coward who no one in their right mind respects.

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He also is a locker room cancer with serious character issues.  Absolutely gutless coward who no one in their right mind respects.

Imagine sitting behind a keyboard talking like this about someone you know nothing about

Now this is where I ask you to provide one tidbit of information proving your claim, and then this is where you don't reply and crawl back into your dark little hole in which you dwell.  

2 minutes ago, Kovalchuk said:

Imagine sitting behind a keyboard talking like this about someone you know nothing about

Now this is where I ask you to provide one tidbit of information proving your claim, and then this is where you don't reply and crawl back into your dark little hole in which you dwell.  

Well the fact that he kept cheapshotting Kassian and then turtled when it was time to face the music.  Also the tantrum he threw over the Muzzin incident last year.

53 minutes ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

People need to get over this, even Brian Burke has said they rated Juolevi, even with Tkachuk. 

Unfortunately, our management team was lacking in clairvoyance and didn't forsee the extreme injury problems on the horizon with Juolevi.

You draft based on what you know has happened, and based on what had happened up to draft day, Juolevi was a solid top 10 player in a deep draft.

Now, looking at this trade, home run for us. We turned someone who can't get past his injury issues, into a solid 4C and an intriguing defensive prospect who looks like he is just getting ahead of his own injury issues.

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Well the fact that he kept cheapshotting Kassian and then turtled when it was time to face the music.  Also the tantrum he threw over the Muzzin incident last year.

Lol it's a game dude.  Mental warfare.  

This is like saying Burrows was a locker room cancer because of his antics.  Get real

• Haha 1