The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 16, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

21 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

For next game, please give Petan a chance...  I feel like he can help more offensively than Dowling... Time for Green to mix things up a bit too!! 

I never got how Dowling made the team? I mean after playing 7 preaeason games with an AHL rosters and prospects, they came up with Dowling from all the players like Gadjovic, Bailey, Klimovich etc. He doesnt even PK much if at all and Lumikko is taking Faceoffs. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

Despite the shot clock, the nucks were off their game.

The officials sucked and showed home town bias.

The Nucks sucked and showed the special teams still need to be better.

Onwards and upwards.

I'm pretty &^@#ing pissed that Höglander was called for interference. Really? Holy &^@# what a soft call. We need some pro-biased Canuck refs that will give us some calls. &^@# this goddamn league

• Like 1

Hey @wallstreetamigo wondering when calls will even up B)

Man, that was awful reffing in the 3rd.  At least as bad as our power play.

How Garland gets a penalty for that hit is beyond me. Illegal hit to head when Zadina hits his head on Garland's back, AND the refs weren't going to call anything originally??? And no penalty on the retaliation on Garland's next shift is just plain stupid.

Oh well, it was fun to watch, putting the anger aside.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I never got how Dowling made the team? I mean after playing 7 preaeason games with an AHL rosters and prospects, they came up with Dowling from all the players like Gadjovic, Bailey, Klimovich etc. He doesnt even PK much if at all and Lumikko is taking Faceoffs. 

Thing is with Klimovich. I don't the team to develop him as a bottom six guy. He's got so much more in his game. Could very well be a surprise top six player for us, at the very least a middle six, and at worse, he doesn't pan out and is a bottom six guy, who are generally a dime a dozen in the league. 

4 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Dowling played well, almost tied it up.  Enough with trying to justify why Gadj should've been kept.  Enough is enough already.  He's gone, get over it.

• Cheers 2

31 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

It makes a loss more tolerable....to see them have heart and not just be pushed around.   They're getting under other team's skins and that's a good sign.  

Except for Garland getting the Burrows Treatment.  Hope the league doesn't bring Auger back ;)

Not that I want Garland to change, man what a steal.

1 minute ago, CanucksCountry said:

Who the f*ck is Mr. Booth anyways. Why is this guy's opinion posted here and why it even matters?

Even if it is David Booth himself, why the f8ck should we care what he thinks?

Garland is a good player and he is a valuable addition that's made the second line much better.

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

actually not really, they have a right to complain just like you two do. you want to be miserable? then expect most people to not like that outlook.

some ppl are just tired of how sad your posts are, do you actually get any enjoyment from watching this team? if no, i suggest you find something that does give you enjoyment

Lol I’m defending someone. You’re responding to the wrong person my friend but nice try. Haven’t complained about the team at all tonight. I’m also a massive supporter of this team and coach and GM with some exceptions so check yourself.

How about we let people have opinions on the teams play and coaching without taking it so personal and attacking people? That’d be nice.

Edited by Petey40

Didn't get to see this game...shame to lose to the wings ....and especially after 41 shots on net....was Halak in net? ..worrying trend for them as they are giving up the first goal again...they need to turn that around....hopefully they will regroup for the next game....don't think any of the remaining 3 games are gimmes 

10 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I'm pretty &^@#ing pissed that Höglander was called for interference. Really? Holy &^@# what a soft call. We need some pro-biased Canuck refs that will give us some calls. &^@# this goddamn league

Again, that'll be called every time.  He made contact with Greiss' head, not like he got caught up in his pads.

• Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, khay said:

Who the f*ck is Mr. Booth anyways. Why is this guy's opinion posted here and why it even matters?

Even if it is David Booth himself, why the f8ck should we care what he thinks?

Garland is a good player and he is a valuable addition that's made the second line much better.

He's a canucks $&!# poster, he's making fun of the comments made by zedina and konecny respectably 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Hey @wallstreetamigo wondering when calls will even up B)

Man, that was awful reffing in the 3rd.  At least as bad as our power play.

How Garland gets a penalty for that hit is beyond me. Illegal hit to head when Zadina hits his head on Garland's back, AND the refs weren't going to call anything originally??? And no penalty on the retaliation on Garland's next shift is just plain stupid.

Oh well, it was fun to watch, putting the anger aside.

Time to bring up women refs.. non bias reffing.. time to fire all those refs that control the outcome of a game....

BTW canucks power play still sucks! Not taking those opportunities.  Plus we hit a hot goalie so onwards and upwards....

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/ahl-ten-female-officials-upcoming-season-1.6207570