The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 16, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

I like our play, however looking at the strength of teams on our road trip coming home with any fewer than 4 wins is a disappointment.  We should not be settling for .500 hockey because that does not make the playoffs.

This is nothing against our guys they’ve fully deserved to be 2-1 at this point, but to be happy with 1-1-1 is not good enough for heads not to roll at the end of the season.  Imagine if we miss the playoffs by 1 point at the seasons end.  The refs literally cost us playoffs.  Although I expect this team to easily make the playoffs this year with what they have shown so far.  However 1 win 2 losses will not get us there so we can’t be satisfied with that.

It’s the environment of the games. That’s the reason I’m ok with our record. Edmonton and Philly home openers wouldn’t be easy for anytime. I would expect a good team to win their open opener. Getting 3 out of 4 points those games was huge. Then we hit a brick wall in net. Just gotta respond.

We play .500 on the road we will be fine as long as we make it hell for teams at Rogers. Our home rink should be a tough place to play for teams coming in and I expect that this year 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

If people are going to dish hate on the franchise, They can take a little heat back. They are all people too you know. Why do you think price is taking a leave? 

Being passionate is one thing, But screaming everyone is amazing one game when you win, And beating them down when they lose to fulfill your own personal agenda? This city has done this since the dawn of any sport, The negative " passion " bleeds onto the team, And they go down with it. What certain people do here is not even close to valid constructive criticism though

To spend more time with his money?

• Wat 2
  • RoughGame 5

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Gotta feel good about the way we played tonight. 

Garland stood out. 

Defence looked fine 3 games in a row. Maybe we do have a good defence contrary to what the complainers were saying. 

Petey needs to step up and play better. This could be from missing a lot of games last year and camp this year. If Canucks want to make some noise, Petey's gotta be one of the guys driving the bus. 

EP sure likes his 1 on 4 through the middle. Has kind of made it work a couple of times but we need him to work as a unit a little bit better with that big pay now. Obviously not wanting to get on players cases until about game 10 or so but yeah

9 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I feel like the GI call was too.

I've seen SO much bumping of goaltenders that THAT was called?  Nope.

Crease should be called with a vertical line as well. If someones feet were outside of the crease, but they leaned in to push the goalie with their arms theyd call that goalie interference...but when his head is hanging outside of the crease they still call it... I can't stand this grey-area type rules. This is the NHL, where is the professionalism?

10 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I feel like the GI call was too.

I've seen SO much bumping of goaltenders that THAT was called?  Nope.

It wasn't enough to warrant a penalty, but was definitely interfence. It was incedental contact for sure, but Greiss was in his crease.

If we had a goal scored on us like that, we would all be going nuts because our goalie was bumped in the head while in his crease.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think our mods should cull the obvious Trolls.  Let’s do the the Trolls please.  Just get rid of them please.  i want cheese nips.  Yum!  

It weird this year huh?

About 5 posters that just make no sense and cant type a single realistic take on this talented Nuck squad. 

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Guitargoalie said:

Crease should be called with a vertical line as well. If someones feet were outside of the crease, but they leaned in to push the goalie with their arms theyd call that goalie interference...but when his head is hanging outside of the crease they still call it... I can't stand this grey-area type rules. This is the NHL, where is the professionalism?

Contact outside the crease can still be disallowed but only if the attacking player initiated the contact. Whereas if Hoglander were inside the crease and any contact occurred it would have been disallowed regardless of who imitated it.

That's why a challenge would have been so interesting on this play.

5 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

EP sure likes his 1 on 4 through the middle. Has kind of made it work a couple of times but we need him to work as a unit a little bit better with that big pay now. Obviously not wanting to get on players cases until about game 10 or so but yeah

Yup, gotta trust that Petey will work through it. 

Didn’t catch most of this one but managed to catch the dying moments of the game. First of all, Rathbone’s goal should’ve counted. Hogz was outside the paint and didn’t make much contact with Greiss. We should’ve challenged. Garland’s 1st goal as a Canuck was pretty nifty. He’s been one of our best players so far this year. Really fun to watch him play. Other than that, we played well and deserved better. Let’s go get the next one! GCG!

Just now, Beary Sweet said:

Didn’t catch most of this one but managed to catch the dying moments of the game. First of all, Rathbone’s goal should’ve counted. Hogz was outside the paint and didn’t make much contact with Greiss. We should’ve challenged. Garland’s 1st goal as a Canuck was pretty nifty. He’s been one of our best players so far this year. Really fun to watch him play. Other than that, we played well and deserved better. Let’s go get the next one! GCG!

I think it would still be disallowed but nothing to lose really besides the time out

• Like 1

Oh man...  Dowling came so close to being our hero...  I wasn't very impressed with Lammikko... He gotta show more intensity! 

Halak did alright for us but I had no idea how badly he struggles with puck handling... 

This loss is such a stinker.. The Wings were so pesky but had way less skill than us!