The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres | Oct. 19th, 2021 | SNP, 4:00PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Angry Goose said:

Ah nice ty. Who woulda thought scrolling down one more would have helped

I have to pvr it too and start the game after I pick up my wife from work. probably start it about 30 min late. 

12 hours ago, the_impersonator13 said:

Hopefully OEL doesn't ignore Brock like the other #23 that patrolled the point on the PP for a while :towel:

Edler didn't ignore Brock, he was just worried about getting the pass picked off. He just couldn't pass well with his backhand to set up Brock without the PKer reading his intention (by then, PKer would look to pick off the pass or block Brock's shooting lane).

OEL can dish both ways equally well so I'm not worried.

QH on the 2nd PP will strengthen it so much more.

I would move Miller to 2nd PP and make two equally strong PPs.

#1 PP: EP, Boeser, Horvat, Chiasson, OEL.

#2 PP: Miller, Garland, Hoglander, Pearson, Hughes.

Chiasson and Pearson as net front presence.

OEL QBs #1 PP with two shooter formation (umbrella) but sometimes Brock drops down to set up Horvat in the slot.

The 2nd PP can run like it does now with Miller on the half wall but on the other side, Garland where Brock is now and QH doing more to gain the zone rather than using the drop pass. In fact, Garland and Hoglander can all take the puck across the blue line themselves. That PP should have easier time setting up and score fast before the PK has time to set up.

• Vintage 1

Hopefully a statement game from the Canucks. It’d be nice for them to come out in the first period and get ahead early, control the play, and not let off once they get a lead. Buffalo is a bad, bad team so go out there, step on their throats, and don’t let off. 

5 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Not for me it would be an easy decision, protect Tanev expose Myers and his over inflated contract

Carry on with that dialogue if you'd like, but Myers just keeps making people bash him look bad.   Same exact cap hip Ballard had as a 7thd for us a decade ago... without Myers we'd be screwed.   Better pray to the hockey gods he doesn't go down.   Just as important to this team as Edler was during the rebuild.  And with the ridiculous contracts handed out to D's this year he just keeps looking better and better. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

What the heck are you even talking about?  Have you lived in OTT?  I've lived near OTT for 12 years now, and i can say their fans and media are excellent.   They aren't babies, they don't cry every time something goes wrong, they've supported the owner and Dorian through their rebuild with a ton of enthusiasm (and why wouldn't they, look are the amazing job they've done!).    Every fan base has their issues, and being a steady CDCer the last 8 years, and visiting often for years prior to actually getting involved id say our fanbase has some of the worst local media in the league, and a bunch of entitled babies as soon as the going gets tough (which it always was going to do!).   Prior to OTT getting a team, long time NHL/hockey fans in ONT loved guess who.   There is still a lot of Leaf fans in the OTT region, but the ones i know that converted to their local team, are smart, understand  hockey better then 90% of the lower mainland and the Island because they actually PLAYED the game... and still support and love the guys they lost like EK, Stone, Zibanejad etc ... really they should have being a contender but like the Linden team - it totally imploded.    That's a swarmy look at another teams fanbase.   Covid is real here, lockdowns actually meant you could only leave your house to get groceries, gas and the booze or the pharmacy, and even places like Wal-Mart had all their other products shut down.    ONT was hit really really hard in the first three waves, maybe that has a lot to do with it, and the habits plus vaccination numbers  as a result are leading the country now, and why they didn't have a full house.    Broad stroke statement and i'm not a Sens fan either.  But have been in their building enough to know what you just said is just a pile of horsesh!t. 

So what about their attendance before covid? You know when they averaged 13000 a game?

Go on to the HFsens, there is an entire thread created by their own fans that talks about the very issue. You know what 99% of them say? They have been boycotting since 2017.

So go ahead blame covid,  get all uppity and internet tough on me bottom line they had around 9000 at their home opener, the Leafs in the same province had a packed house.

BTW I'm sure there are some great fans there, but this is the same city that lost a CFL franchise what twice? It's easy to support a winning team but they haven't shown up when they suck yet all the issues of arena location, sh#t owner traffic, etc still exists win or lose. 

Anyways sorry to derail the thread guys.

Was simply showing yote fans love for supporting a garbage team better then fans of  an up and coming club in the capital of Canada.