The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres | Oct. 19th, 2021 | SNP, 4:00PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It’s too bad @SabreFan1 is no longer here. It was fun interacting with him during the Sabres games.

was it a goal though? i've been reading through some of the GDT SabreFan last commented in, and you were arguing about a call like crazy, half of the people said it went through the net, other half said it went over the net, but honestly I got tired reading through 10+ pages... :lol:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rubik said:

was it a goal though? i've been reading through some of the GDT SabreFan last commented in, and you were arguing about a call like crazy, half of the people said it went through the net, other half said it went over the net, but honestly I got tired reading through 10+ pages... :lol:

Whatever SabreFan said in that thread was the truth. People got so upset with the guy they forgot that the Vancouver feed isn't the only broadcast.

They completely ignored the FACT, despite being told on multiple occasions, that SabreFanwas watching a different broadcast that had a differnt camera angle showing him as being right.

Not good enough for the morons that kept badgering him, till he left the site.

One of this site's biggest losses, imo.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Good, good. 

Miller hasn’t been good with Petey so far and having him at 3rd C might balance out the lines. With Boeser back we can do that. I would rather have Petan with him and Pod instead of Dowling personally and move dowling down to 4th line. 

I would like to see us win this game. I don’t want to lose the past 2 games vs DET/BUF. It would be a little demoralizing. 

If we win the next 2/3 I would say it would be a good road trip. We’d come out with 7/12 points.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

in before all the people complaining about green giving hughes too many minutes

That's what worries me, that Green knows his job is tenuous this year and he'll burn anyone out he feels like to save his behind.  It's not about "the team" anymore, it's about saving his job from now on because there will be no more excuses after so many years of failed results, an inept PP and PK and fans generally fed up with his Post game sermons.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, -DLC- said:

I'm hoping for a convincing win....that's needed at this stage to quiet down the naysayers.  Won't be easy.

This isn't an easy gig, this NHL deal.  You don't win all the games all the time.  But I'd love a good win here for this one to build some momentum.

I don't expect them to win every game - but it would sure be nice to be a contender and be above .500.   

Go Canucks GO!!!!!

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

That's what worries me, that Green knows his job is tenuous this year and he'll burn anyone out he feels like to save his behind.  It's not about "the team" anymore, it's about saving his job from now on because there will be no more excuses after so many years of failed results, an inept PP and PK and fans generally fed up with his Post game sermons.

R U serious?

The way Green secures his job is for the team to do well.  Quinn just turned 22....I'm sure he's ok with those minutes and welcomes them.  

I don't get the correlation between burning out his players and trying to keep his job.  It doesn't make sense.

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

I don't expect them to win every game - but it would sure be nice to be a contender and be above .500.   

Go Canucks GO!!!!!

I have a good feeling they will be.  Last year was a write off, for so many reasons.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

R U serious?

The way Green secures his job is for the team to do well.  Quinn just turned 22....I'm sure he's ok with those minutes and welcomes them.  

I don't get the correlation between burning out his players and trying to keep his job.  It doesn't make sense.

The correlation is the "Tortelini effect", in that a coach shortens the bench & overplays and burns out his top players (especially so early in the season)to win at all cost - why????.  Not the first time we've seen this (remember Torts!) and the negative effects on those overworked players as the season progresses.!  At this point in the season, Green shouldn't be playing guys regularly well over 30 minutes a game - that smells of desperation!  I thought JB had supposedly brought in enough talent this year to roll regular lines????  If that is not true them Jim was telling us fibs.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

The correlation is the "Tortelini effect", in that a coach shortens the bench & overplays and burns out his top players (especially so early in the season) - why????.  Not the first time we've seen this and the negative effects on those overworked players as the season progresses.!  At this point in the season, Green shouldn't be playing guys regularly well over 30 minutes a game - that smells of desperation!

Well if you look at the context we played two full 3v3 OTs and we were down 1 goal for most of the game vs DET. Also the PPs we had never scored much so a lot of full 2 minutes played out on the PP. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hoglander   Pettersson   Boeser 

FCE78227-C5C5-4AB0-B1B2-A2EA049B1207.gif

This is good news. I do think Miller has been holding back the first line. He's just not the same as his first year with the Canucks 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1