The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Seattle Kraken | Oct. 23, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

55 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I really don't like how they've changed the app. (Tech companies always do this.. <_<)

Atleast before I could switch to super bad resolution so the play wouldn't constantly freeze, now it's just High/Med/Low & 'Low' (which looks good) still freezes.

Hopefully it gets better over time. So far hate the update. It sucks when you have to turn to streams when u have a legit service.

Pretty crappy since they charge so much to get all the channels in a cable package.

• Thanks 1

OK having watched the replay....the Nucks are fracking Lucky to have won that game....so many giveaways...bad coverage....etc etc....HOLY SHYTE....
thank christ for Connor Garland.....at this moment he is definitely the better part of that trade....I certainly hope they will take the time to address their glaring deficiencies before their home opener against the red hot WILD....

42 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Demko is probably the best goalie in the Pacific right now, I think he's proving to be a true star and should get all star votes as well as hopefully some Vezina votes

He me even play his way onto team USA, Helly hasn't been great but I imagine he's their guy but demko at least should be in the running for backup with Binner?

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Canucks on a winning streak in ruining special nights. Kane's last game and now Kraken's first home opener. 

Could potentially be going up against an undefeated Oilers team too.

Oh and don’t forget the Wild’s revenge game on Tuesday. First time we’ve played them since eliminating them in the bubble.

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I’m old school too, but new NHL has quite a lot of successful dmen who’s focus is entirely offense. 

And how many teams actually win with those guys?  Either play like an NHLer in your own zone or enjoy the AHL.  Super happy Dunn's in our division.

10 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I really like how Jack defends the rush, and he’s snuffed out many speedy attackers this year, but yeah, some of his down low defending needs more work. I’ve noticed its the small spaces stuff he can struggle with at times. But I love the fact that he’s getting in-game reps to learn and he’s hardly costing us games. He’s probably been a neutral contributor which is great for a rookie D man not named Quinn Hughes. I actually think he was our best D man in the Buffalo game. The thing I most love about him is that he has the mobility and overall athleticism to recover from his occasional gaffs in his own zone. I think after 20 games he’s going to level up as a member of our D-core. With Rathbone it’s going pretty much as I expected.

I agree completely. You nailed it on small space plays. Hopefully he can get better with the speed of the league as the year goes on, I agree their are other times he really shines.

On any given shift he can made a big league play or rookie mistake, playing behind minute munchers like Hughes/OEL is a good starting point for him.

Just hoping Pods gets back in, he really needs to play & have confidence to try things.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Cheers 1

Just now, grandmaster said:

I wonder if EP is injured. Probably a fitness issue that stemmed from not showing up at training camp and most of the pre-season. Happened to Hughes I think as well. Must have tweaked some leg muscles or something….

Just a slow start. Missed a lot of hockey over the last calendar year. Confidence maybe a factor too. Seems to be trying to do too much with the puck. Actually not at all worried about it yet 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Remember when folks were saying the Sedins will at best be second line players? And Kesler will be nothing more than a 3rd line centre?

Fun times. 

and Bo would be a career 3rd line center? Edit: I first heard statements like that started by the media... goes to show they still don't know shi_, especially the JT Miller trade lately and I won't even start on OEL and Garland.. it will never stop..

Edited by iceman64
  • Cheers 1