The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | October (24-30) 2021

Rate this topic

17 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Maybe, for reasons beyond me, the Sabres are better than expected 

No kidding. I gotta wonder what kind of leader Eichel is. Seems like a bit of a me me type. They are better without him, so far. 

Edited by rekker

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

No kidding. I gotta wonder what kind of leader Eichel is. Seems like a bit of a me me type. They are better without him, so far. 

It'll be interesting to track, but it makes me feel a little better about being stomped by them. That was the worst game I've watched in a long time. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mll said:

Watching this - don’t get it either.  Gurianov came to challenge Sillinger.  

Are you guys watching a different angle here? 

Sillinger throws the hit that's penalized and then Sillinger is the first one to drop the gloves and keeps throwing punches when Gurianov is on the ice.  

You have to give Sillinger the extra penalty here otherwise there's no punishment for the original boarding. 

Btw Stamkos deserves a one game suspension for his high hit tonight. Didn't like how he leaned in with his shoulder and threw out the chicken wing. 

11 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Hyman is huge loss for leafs and huge win for oilers 

leafs need more Hyman types

im afraid canucks are building too soft as well 

I'm still glad we didn't sign Hyman, considering the type of contract it took for the Oilers to get him signed. Much happier adding Garland instead, considering his age and cap hit. And, although small, he's anything but soft.

• Cheers 1

LOL...did you guys catch Bowness ripping the team on the bench?   I'd post it but, as a mod, the language is very strong (doesn't bother me, but some may not appreciate it).  The lip reading/play by play that goes with the video is hilarious.

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Hyman is huge loss for leafs and huge win for oilers 

leafs need more Hyman types

im afraid canucks are building too soft as well 

The Canucks have some guys that will do the dirty work.  Leafs are running bunting and Ritchie in their top 6.  Leaf depth may not even be playoff caliber and roster construction is marginal.  Our salary structure should help us avoid the pitfalls the leafs are feeling.

The Canadiens are in town playing against the Kraken.  I am excited and will be at the game.  I've been looking forward to this since I purchased my half season tickets, and had to make sure that my half season tickets included the Canadiens game.  Go Habs Go!!

• RoughGame 1

14 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Are you guys watching a different angle here? 

Sillinger throws the hit that's penalized and then Sillinger is the first one to drop the gloves and keeps throwing punches when Gurianov is on the ice.  

You have to give Sillinger the extra penalty here otherwise there's no punishment for the original boarding. 

The hit on Pavelski was not penalised.

It was roughing penalties.  2 min for Gurianov and 2x 2min for Sillinger.  They both dropped the gloves at the same time.

1 hour ago, mll said:

The hit on Pavelski was not penalised.

It was roughing penalties.  2 min for Gurianov and 2x 2min for Sillinger.  They both dropped the gloves at the same time.

Interesting, I would've tagged Sillinger with a boarding call but the outcome would be the same.