The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Rangers at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 02, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Because the systems, line blendering, and deployment head scratchers were still evident just like in the losses?

Ditto: for the most part this game could had gone either way but the effort among most of the players was evident.  Green got a pass today regardless of his role.

2 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

So .... Green gets no credit for putting Garland up with Petey and JT?  If you're going to blame him for the losses, you need to credit him with the wins.  Personally I don't credit Green for wins/losses.  I put that all on the players.  They're the ones playing.  You blaming the coach for all the losses, yet when they win he gets no acknowledgment is beyond stupid.

How do you give him credit for taking this long to put him with them? He put Garland on the 3rd line before he even tried it, despite getting the best effort from him. Isn't that the type of player you want on your snakebitten top line? In the same way, I give AV no credit for putting Burrows with the Sedins. He was literally just trying things to hope that something would work

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Huh? Rangers should have gotten momentum from killing those penalties. We stuck to it. Yes the special times are killing us but overall we out played them. 

6 powerplays at home and the first two periods were sloppy and sleepy.  We stepped it up in the third and Demko literally stood on his head without a blocker on and kept us in it.  It was an ugly ugly game, not going to cut it going forward.  We've relied on our goalie year after year and it always fails in the end.  Need to be better offensively 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Warhawk said:

6 powerplays at home and the first two periods were sloppy and sleepy.  We stepped it up in the third and Demko literally stood on his head without a blocker on and kept us in it.  It was an ugly ugly game, not going to cut it going forward.  We've relied on our goalie year after year and it always fails in the end.  Need to be better offensively 

No kidding 

really missing sutter and motte on the pk, i don't think we will be getting back sutter anytime soon but motte will be a huge boost.

when motte draws into the lineup, whose out? my vote is for bailey. 

and for all the negative things about miller, i say to yee. go fly a kite. miller is playing 22 minutes a game for us and is playing on the PK because we got no one else, it's not his fault the man is just tired and fatigued and when that happens you make mistakes. miller should not even be mentioned as our whipping boy,  if he goes down we are in for some tough times. what would we do? play bo for 30 minutes?

• Cheers 2

IMO that was a boring game for both teams till the end there in the 3rd.

We had 12 minutes of PP time for the first 50-55 minutes of the game so it seemed like we had control but our PPs sucked and neither team generated any real momentum throughout the game. Rags scored quickly on both their PP goals and got their last 2 PPs late in the 3rd.

Garland stepped up for us and Panarin stepped up for the Rags. Besides them and the goalies, nothing was really going for either team. Nobody really took control of the game.

Nevertheless fun end to the game. Crowd got shot with adrenaline from a coma at the end there.

First star is Demko all the way. Without him, we get scored on that 5-on-3 PP.

Second star is Podz. That was clustch goal. Reminded me a bit of Burrows.

Third star is Miller. Great goals. 

Miller and Petey are starting to get on the same page. Having a facilitator like Garland on their line makes a big difference.

Hoglander had a lot of jump and he is always buzzing around the net. Would have been great if he scored with his parents in attendance.

Almost everyone played well. Schenn-Hamonic was pretty good. Hamonic was just what we were missing. If we can upgrade on Schenn by getting Hamonic a solid defensive partner, our D core should be able to play against anybody.

Only down side was the 4th line, except Bailey who was using his speed as much as he can. Got caught in the defensive zone multiple times. At some point, I would replace Chiasson with Lockwood. And when Motte returns, we should have a pretty good 4th line.

13 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

So .... Green gets no credit for putting Garland up with Petey and JT?  If you're going to blame him for the losses, you need to credit him with the wins.  Personally I don't credit Green for wins/losses.  I put that all on the players.  They're the ones playing.  You blaming the coach for all the losses, yet when they win he gets no acknowledgment is beyond stupid.

Shouldn’t he have put Garland up with the more talented players sooner? 

Should he have benched Podz in favour of plugs?

Should he have had Chaisson over Boeser on the PP? 

Who puts which players on the ice at any given time? 

You don’t want to credit Green for the win but acknowledge Green in the win? 

Stupidity indeed. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, khay said:

First star is Demko all the way. Without him, we get scored on that 5-on-3 PP.

Second star is Podz. That was clustch goal. Reminded me a bit of Burrows.

Third star is Miller. Great goals. 

Miller and Petey are starting to get on the same page. Having a facilitator like Garland on their line makes a big difference.

Hoglander had a lot of jump and he is always buzzing around the net. Would have been great if he scored with his parents in attendance.

Almost everyone played well. Schenn-Hamonic was pretty good. Hamonic was just what we were missing. If we can upgrade on Schenn by getting Hamonic a solid defensive partner, our D core should be able to play against anybody.

Only down side was the 4th line, except Bailey who was using his speed as much as he can. Got caught in the defensive zone multiple times. At some point, I would replace Chiasson with Lockwood. And when Motte returns, we should have a pretty good 4th line.

Was Myers in the ice as well ?

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

IMO that was a boring game for both teams till the end there in the 3rd.

We had 12 minutes of PP time for the first 50-55 minutes of the game so it seemed like we had control but our PPs sucked and neither team generated any real momentum throughout the game. Rags scored quickly on both their PP goals and got their last 2 PPs late in the 3rd.

Garland stepped up for us and Panarin stepped up for the Rags. Besides them and the goalies, nothing was really going for either team. Nobody really took control of the game.

Nevertheless fun end to the game. Crowd got shot with adrenaline from a coma at the end there.

You should have heard the throng of boo's when we had a 2 man adv called against us. It was loud an it was long. 

Best boo's I've ever had. 

• Like 1