The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Blake Comeau, Tanner Kero, Rocco Grimaldi

Either Rocco or Comeau would be upgrades on Chiasson who is absolutely brutal 5-on-5 and hasn't brought much to the powerplay overall, or Dowling who isn't anything special defensively but won't be put in an offensive role.

Weren't Comeau, Cogliano and Dickinson linemates for Dallas' suprise playoff run a couple years ago? Comeau - Dickinson - Bailey (and eventually Motte) might actually able to play a shutdown/checking line with the current injury context - Comeau has also been PKing around 2 mins a game since joining Dallas.

Get these bros back together

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/seth-jones-hits-dickinson-comeau-reacts-cross-check/?show_id=13721

Edited by Teemu Selänne
  • Vintage 2

15 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Miller, Pettersson, Boeser

Pearson, Horvat, Hoglander

Garland, Dickinson, Podkolzin

Comeau, Lammiko, Motte

... With Sutter hopefully getting healthy soon.

That ain't bad.

From what I’ve seen of him (and I’m admittedly biased) when he’s healthy (maybe 10go into his return) I’d slot Motte onto that 3rd line and drop Dickinson to 4th. That’s a nice group and Motte has shown more offensive flashes thank Dickinson, imho 

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

From what I’ve seen of him (and I’m admittedly biased) when he’s healthy (maybe 10go into his return) I’d slot Motte onto that 3rd line and drop Dickinson to 4th. That’s a nice group and Motte has shown more offensive flashes thank Dickinson, imho 

Motte doesn't tend to play C though...

Just now, aGENT said:

He may not be winning a lot of faceoffs (especially on the PK) but he does in fact play C.

It may be that he doesn’t play C but his F/O win % is almost 15pts above Dickinson’s average.

I think if Motte was willing to take the C role on the 3rd line, it would be relentless   with Podz and Hogz and potentially an incredibly cheap and effective 2 way line. 

That said, I’d really love to see Podz remain in the top 6

8 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

So, Comeau has shared a checking line with Dickinson, in the same system as Dowling, played jr. with Schenn, was a Islander teammate of Hamonic, was in Columbus at the same as Ian Clarke, could see him being on the Canucks' radar - esp. at a buriable 1M.

Teammates with Sutter in Pittsburgh too.

And maybe the most important connection is that he played with BOTH Megna and Chaput! Surely their greatness must have rubbed off on him.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t understand why Dallas is putting Comeau on waivers. What gives?

Dont they already have a weak pk this season? Does getting rid of him help that?

For a million dollar cap hit I don’t understand how he’s the odd man out.

Is speed an issue?

maybe Father Time finally caught up to him this season. He’s only played in 6 games I think? Interesting that he’s from Vancouver. 

I’d pass on him. Think he would often be a healthy scratch here too unfortunately 

Edited by RWJC

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Is speed an issue?

At 35 it’s definitely possible.

But he was already an above average skater. Even if he lost a step he’d probably still be one of the faster skaters on our team.

Maybe a trade in the works or they like what they see from a couple guys on the farm.

6 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Is speed an issue?

maybe Father Time finally caught up to him this season. He’s only played in 6 games I think? Interesting that he’s from Vancouver. 

I’d pass on him. Think he would often be a healthy scratch here too unfortunately 

I just don’t know how a team with the worst pk in the league wouldn’t take a chance on him.

Like can he really bring any less than Chiasson or Dowling at this point?

Maybe he even sparks Dickinson to be better too.

I think it’s a pretty low risk/medium reward move.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t understand why Dallas is putting Comeau on waivers. What gives?

Dont they already have a weak pk this season? Does getting rid of him help that?

For a million dollar cap hit I don’t understand how he’s the odd man out.

Not sure why they put Comeau on waivers but this comes one day after they lost to Nashville. After the game the team had a half hour players only meeting. Meanwhile Bowness met with the press for 29 seconds and had this to say:

F70DB65D-FD8B-46B2-A6E4-C5CC33A988E9.jpeg